New Player Night

Jereth
Lieutenant

New Player Night

Postby Jereth » Mon 29 Jul 2013 09:47

Here at the People's Liberation Front, we feel it is part of our revolutionary duty as partisans to help arm the populace with the ability to defend themselves against would-be oppressors.

If you are new to Wargame or you just want improve your skills and have a good time, log into our Teamspeak server (91.205.193.55:11201) and say hello. These events are fairly informal and will probably involve:

Q&A - Get answers to your questions in a helpful learning environment
Practice Matches - Team up with more experienced players and learn from their example (or teach them a thing or two :P)
After Action - Watch the replay and get some advice on how to improve.

If you're interested, our next event is:

Saturday - 4/26 - 1600 UTC
Last edited by Jereth on Sun 27 Apr 2014 02:59, edited 13 times in total.

Jereth
Lieutenant

Re: New Player Night

Postby Jereth » Mon 29 Jul 2013 09:49

Also, for those who are interested but would prefer a different time/date, reply here with what works better for you, and we can adjust future events to try and accommodate.

Lemieux
Warrant Officer

Postby Lemieux » Mon 29 Jul 2013 09:53

Jereth wrote:Also, for those who are interested but would prefer a different time/date, reply here with what works better for you, and we can adjust future events to try and accommodate.

Sounds like great work you guys are doing :D

Here at No Unit we are occasionally taking on a new player for a sort of "apprenticeship" but an open-day for new players is a marvelous idea!

Kudos to you guys :)

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Mon 29 Jul 2013 19:13

Thanks. We occasionally take randoms under our wing, when they are responsive (i.e. can manage to reply to chat and/or log into teamspeak). Hopefully by advertising a set day, we can attract more like-minded people.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Tue 30 Jul 2013 19:52

Temporary stuck & moved.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Tue 30 Jul 2013 20:27

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

And now that Eugen has scheduled the release of Vox Populi in support of my event, all is right with the world. :lol:

But seriously, great timing. Come on out for some good games and good times. If everything goes well with the DLC launch, we'll be having some fun with all the new toys!

BeyondNight
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BeyondNight » Tue 30 Jul 2013 20:45

When i get my mic working ill definitely jump on team speak and say hi and see how my skills stack up :D
Spoiler : :

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Tue 30 Jul 2013 20:54

Don't let a lack of mic discourage you. You can use the chat function in TS while we're arranging matches, and during a match it is definitely helpful to be able to hear your team, even if you have to type to respond.

dimabernat
Warrant Officer

Postby dimabernat » Tue 30 Jul 2013 22:17

Gj man and hope it will go well.
If you need any help I offer my self except that Friday nights I usaly work or leave to visit friends and family.

But GJ and hope this will stay sticky as long as you run we need to give newbies a comfort zone were they could adopte to WALB.

Niscimble
Sergeant Major

Postby Niscimble » Wed 31 Jul 2013 01:00

I don't really need assistance, but I think it's awesome that you're doing this. The main reason why I got into Wargame (EE) in the first place was I had a friend there to hold my hand as I got used to it.