World news thread

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Re: World news thread

Postby frostypooky » Fri 21 Apr 2017 01:27

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 21 Apr 2017 08:38

Frencho wrote:
Mike wrote:I heard the Germans played a huge part in the French 1940 elections.

Yeah Panzers running for office, it was one hell of a campaign :mrgreen: !

It was a short campaign though. Only forty six days! I heard the next election cycle the US really blew the Germans outta the water!
Courtesy of KattiValk

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 21 Apr 2017 09:13

LoneRifle wrote:Don't take this the wrong way Mitch, but if the Labor party is going to reform, they have to get so utterly brutalized that Corbyn gets kicked out. That way they can rebuild with saner and more practical leadership.

Also I want Tories, Libs, and Labor to wreck the SNP so they can shove that referendum up Sturgeons rear.

I also hope everyone puts the boot to the SNP, especially hope that its the Lib Dems myself in order to have a strong opposition form. As for the thing about labour, I'm not sure what you mean? Personally I am happy with labour as is in their self defeating way, it gives my party the chance to snap up their voters especially when the most successful labour leader alive has basically abandoned his own party :lol:

The biggest enemy to my party is labour taking other left leaning voters, if they are corbyn crazy, it will "i hope" lead to a strong amount of votes going to the lib dems.

Object199
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Object199 » Fri 21 Apr 2017 15:20

Mitchverr wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:Don't take this the wrong way Mitch, but if the Labor party is going to reform, they have to get so utterly brutalized that Corbyn gets kicked out. That way they can rebuild with saner and more practical leadership.

Also I want Tories, Libs, and Labor to wreck the SNP so they can shove that referendum up Sturgeons rear.

I also hope everyone puts the boot to the SNP, especially hope that its the Lib Dems myself in order to have a strong opposition form. As for the thing about labour, I'm not sure what you mean? Personally I am happy with labour as is in their self defeating way, it gives my party the chance to snap up their voters especially when the most successful labour leader alive has basically abandoned his own party :lol:

The biggest enemy to my party is labour taking other left leaning voters, if they are corbyn crazy, it will "i hope" lead to a strong amount of votes going to the lib dems.

So much hate for the SNP and the independence referendum, I wonder why? Souldnt the scots have the chance to leave the ship before the blind captain sails it right into the iceberg?

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 21 Apr 2017 15:28

Object199 wrote:So much hate for the SNP and the independence referendum, I wonder why? Souldnt the scots have the chance to leave the ship before the stubborn captain sails it right into the iceberg?

It has literally nothing to do with them wanting independence, in fact I dont care if they stay or go personally, its their choice, what I hate is the SNP in general is that they simply prattle on about stuff that often doesnt matter or how "woe is scotland" as if all of scotland live in a hive mind society and that it isnt also split on significant issues. They also pretty much hinder any real coalition effect vs the tories. As for another referendum, that smells alot like "keep voting till you vote the way we want" myself and also breaks the claims that it would be "once a generation" :lol:

also interesting news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39665212

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 21 Apr 2017 15:42

Object199 wrote:So much hate for the SNP and the independence referendum, I wonder why? Souldnt the scots have the chance to leave the ship before the blind captain sails it right into the iceberg?

They had an independence referendum which they lost fairly convincingly very recently, and there is actually no overwhelming desire on the part of the Scottish people to have another one right now.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Object199
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Object199 » Fri 21 Apr 2017 15:50

Mitchverr wrote:It has literally nothing to do with them wanting independence,.....................

captaincarnage wrote:They had an independence referendum which they lost fairly convincingly very recently, and there is actually no overwhelming desire on the part of the Scottish people to have another one right now.

... and stupid me thought the Brexit would be a game changer, especially since the Scots are far more EU oriented.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 21 Apr 2017 16:43

Object199 wrote:So much hate for the SNP and the independence referendum, I wonder why?

Because the SNP don't want independence because they think that Scotland and England belong apart or because they think that they can get a better socioeconomic deal going on. The SNP want independence so that they can be 100% in charge. It's a pure powergrab and it always has been. Look what they're doing for Scotland every day: Jack shit. There's a thing going on at the moment where the government of the UK is asking women to submit evidence that they conceived as a result of rape as a possible qualification for extended child support for 3 or more children. Nicola hates the law (I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it) and stands at a crossroads. She can either introduce a bill in the Scottish Parliament to do something different or she can talk about how much she hates the law and how awful the Tories are and how she's so much better and shouldn't she be made Queen of Scots. Guess what I sat down to on the news yesterday evening?

This shit ain't Braveheart :evil: .

Souldnt the scots have the chance to leave the ship before the blind captain sails it right into the iceberg?

Shouldn't I? Shouldn't the other 16 million registered voters (speaking for roughly 31 million people)? No, because it's absolutely asinine to split the country every time a vote doesn't go the way that someone wants. At least with this one more then half of the people are (theoretically) happy with how it turned out, which is more than you can say for the average General Election.

Object199 wrote:... and stupid me thought the Brexit would be a game changer, especially since the Scots are far more EU oriented.

It's an odd one really. I'd say that Scots are more EU oriented because they got a double dose of "Ain't the EU great? If you're not in it then the economic degeneration of whichever state you're living in will mean you will have to choose which of your children to eat and which to sell within five years." in both Indyref and Brexit. Were there no Scottish Independence Movement then I actually think Scottish support of the EU would be much more lukewarm. Mind you, the excellent Scottish education system should be churning out knowledgeable citizens who realise how much the EU is doing for us anyway :D.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with prototype selection Strawpoll http://www.strawpoll.me/12620699
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Fri 21 Apr 2017 18:33

Mitchverr wrote:The problem I have as a British Citizen.

SNP seats 56, % of vote 4.7%
Lib dem seats 8, % of vote 7.9%
UKIP seats 1, % of vote 12.6%

So a party with 4.7% of the vote got 6.2 times as many seats as 2 parties with 20% of the national vote.......

"no problem here lololol" :lol:

Yet alone several parties with less then 200k votes each(1 has less then 100k!) getting more seats then parties with millions of votes...

Then again, rural areas get the short end of the stick (or everyone gets it hard), even if they could dictate whom to rule a country. Atleast in this day and age.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 21 Apr 2017 19:00

Our "rural area" party (SP) is now bigger than our far right party (FRP) and 3rd largest overall :D

Will probably be a AP/SP/SV coalition, hooray!
Viker for ingen!