Job rant

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Job rant

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 9 May 2017 17:58

Vulcan 607 wrote:I've been made redundant and I haven't had a reply from that wildlife park ranger job. So as you can guess I am a bit pissed off

Come sell icecream with me man, they are looking for somebody to do it :lol: honestly its a very nice calming fun and relaxing job :) The only downside is the pay isnt great, but honestly, its a very nice job! :lol:

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Tue 9 May 2017 18:13

Let's start with good/funny news.. So for the first time in my life they finally spelled my entire name correct in the film credits.. but this time, it wasn't supposed to be me who got the credit..

Now for the bad news.. I'm about as broke as one can be and cannot for the life of me find work, any idea why? Writer's strike, and they didn't even go on strike! The studio's shit their diapers so bad I can't find a damn thing! And then now we're all holding the edge of our seat for this looming SAG strike that the actor's are all buzzin' about.. TV f**king sucks, I wish I just woulda picked a real job

Pro-tip, DO NOT get into Hollywood, it's cut throat and annoying down to the lowest credit, pay is stupid good, but that's the only perk -_- I worked on a Sandler film recently and 'company' d**ked me around on 18hr days and I had to listen to the art director's spastic BS all day moving his half ass set around..

I remember one of the first show's I ever worked on, we had 3 day shooting on location and they had me on as a production assistant then.. I worked a 23hr, got sent home for 4, and they had me back for another 16hrs.. all the while doing my PA thing and doubling as a stand-in for our talent and doing the gaffer's job, is nightmarish! I thought moving to big time union production would left that kinda shit behind, but noooooo..

We have a thing said in the studio's, "hurry up and wait" but I swear it don't feel like that's the case with show's I work on
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 9 May 2017 18:58

Mitchverr wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:I've been made redundant and I haven't had a reply from that wildlife park ranger job. So as you can guess I am a bit pissed off

Come sell icecream with me man, they are looking for somebody to do it :lol: honestly its a very nice calming fun and relaxing job :) The only downside is the pay isnt great, but honestly, its a very nice job! :lol:

Where are you working?

First things first I've got to take my mod one bike test. I actually have already passed this but because they put me on the wrong bike I have to do it all again, that's Wednesday.

Thursday will be helping my mum get ready for duncombe park horse show and getting the house ready for my girlfriend arriving Friday night. Then job hunting when she goes home Sunday not trying out my new desktop that's arriving today ;) crap I don't have a HDMI capable monitor!

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 9 May 2017 19:16

Vulcan 607 wrote:Where are you working?

First things first I've got to take my mod one bike test. I actually have already passed this but because they put me on the wrong bike I have to do it all again, that's Wednesday.

Thursday will be helping my mum get ready for duncombe park horse show and getting the house ready for my girlfriend arriving Friday night. Then job hunting when she goes home Sunday not trying out my new desktop that's arriving today ;) crap I don't have a HDMI capable monitor!

Work in whitby, dont really want to say company name so much because you know, you dont tell people extreme specifics :lol:

Good luck with getting that test sorted and getting a new job btw, i know how much of a bitch that can be.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 9 May 2017 20:57

Mitchverr wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Where are you working?

Work in whitby, dont really want to say company name so much because you know, you dont tell people extreme specifics :lol:

Good luck with getting that test sorted and getting a new job btw, i know how much of a bitch that can be.

Thanks for that

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 10 May 2017 00:33

Well, damn. I was hoping to get into a local laboratory technician job available locally. They test lake water from around the area for various contaminants (a big thing here in Minnesota). It wouldn't be my first choice in chemistry (I'm not so much into analytical chemistry), but it would be good experience for the summer. Now I've got to settle for a summer job outside of my area of expertise.

Oh well, at least I've got a teaching assistantship and tuition waiver for my grad school.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 16 May 2017 10:15

Ugh, trigonometry is so boring and needlessly complicated!

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Sat 20 May 2017 01:42

I swear loud opinionated drugged up retards who feel like they have a right to your ear and time are amongst the most pathetic annoying and amusing things in existence.
Viker for ingen!

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 20 May 2017 03:21

How can something be annoying and amusing at the same time ?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 20 May 2017 05:01

orcbuster wrote:I swear loud opinionated drugged up retards who feel like they have a right to your ear and time are amongst the most pathetic annoying and amusing things in existence.

I'm sorry...