War Thunder

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

War Thunder

Postby WWWallace71 » Mon 24 Dec 2012 04:15

Anyone else tried this? I picked it up this week and its definitely the best made F2P I've ever seen. beautiful, fun gameplay, unique (once its completed and naval and land forces are included). and most importantly a wide range of vehicles.
Gopblin wrote:(Considering Wallace once posted pics of actual, honest-to-god human excrement to show his attitude towards me, I'm betting bad laughter)

Self-proclaimed rap god of the forums. #spit.

Shify
Sergeant

Re: War Thunder

Postby Shify » Mon 24 Dec 2012 07:09

I`ve played some War Thunder too i must say game is awesome but i dont like that this game is under russian developer. Game already is in open beta in russia when rest of the world still have closed beta. For anyone who is interested in this game i have 2 beta keys that i might wanna giveaway!

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

Postby WWWallace71 » Mon 24 Dec 2012 07:18

It's open beta worldwide now, as of about two weeks ago actually. I was in closed beta...but forgot to play it then.
Gopblin wrote:(Considering Wallace once posted pics of actual, honest-to-god human excrement to show his attitude towards me, I'm betting bad laughter)

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Mon 24 Dec 2012 07:35

WoP stealing their thunder?
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Shify
Sergeant

Postby Shify » Mon 24 Dec 2012 07:40

Im not sure if thats open beta. I mean i still have all my planes that i got on closed beta and still didnt get my eagles back from closed when i bought them.

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby chrisnz » Mon 24 Dec 2012 10:30

Anyone else find how biased this game is to the spitfire planes? my paper plane(zero) can't even out turn it in a low speed turning dogfight!
"I ask her is it true and she sais like a horse shoe."

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Mon 24 Dec 2012 12:51

I tried it... But I still don't really like it. Something feels off.

I'm playing with mouse and keyboard though.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

Postby WWWallace71 » Mon 24 Dec 2012 19:03

Shify wrote:Im not sure if thats open beta. I mean i still have all my planes that i got on closed beta and still didnt get my eagles back from closed when i bought them.

I've had friends who created their accounts last week with no code or anything, so I'm positive its open.

Deuz, bear in mind there are three game modes planned. arcade, simulator and realistic (mix between the two). currently we only have arcade and realistic, because its a beta, but I'm looking forward to simulator mode, as these are the same guys that made Il-2 Sturmvoik.

Chris, I'm playing as both brits (lvl 7) and Japs (lvl 5) and i find the brits have more, less powered guns than the japs. currently my spitfire has 4 7.7mms and 2 20mm cannons (but with only 160 ammo with a 45 second reload this goes fast). the advantage of the "britfire" is the durability, the armaments are about average.

D-M

Postby D-M » Mon 24 Dec 2012 19:15

Wait, they intent to make a World of Everything ?

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Mon 24 Dec 2012 19:17

It's a 6GB+ d/l and the joystick is touchy as hell! Maybe I need to try the kbd controls first!
Was visually stunning...for the 15 seconds I saw of it crashing out of control into the water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BJXwNeKsQ
Has nothing to do with the game but 1st thing I thought of...Tom Petty explains.
Illegitimi non carborundum.