Games I am officially EXCITED about.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby frostypooky » Mon 20 Mar 2017 22:26

at least Bioware fired the "whitey is the devil" guy.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Tue 21 Mar 2017 09:25

Again, cannot overstate how good breath of the wild is, this thing is a damn masterclass in gamedesign in terms of mechanics reinforcing each other.
Viker for ingen!

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 21 Mar 2017 15:58

Killertomato wrote:That and it's definitely not just the facial animations that are screwed up.

It's also not all facial animations. Watched someone play a few hours yesterday, and several characters' faces were fine. The aliens also look fine (except for the new baddies, which look like some cheap plastic toy kept too long on the oven or something).

It's like they forgot to rig the face above the mouth. The eyes move, but there's no muscle movement around them. No cheek or upper face movement. It leads to a very disturbing look to several characters, and that's before the rather odd default design of quite a few.

One of the worst is "Derpface" Addison because not only is her face devoid of movement besides the mouth and occasional blink, but the game seems to want constant close-ups of her. She also delivers this hilariously relevant quote.

There's also some really bad lines, like "You can't be a Pathfinder until you've path-found." or "His heart was broken before it blew apart." Line readings in general are bad for lots of characters. There's a female krogan that has a voice that seems way too high in timbre for such a large creature.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 21 Mar 2017 17:32

One of the worst is "Derpface" Addison because not only is her face devoid of movement besides the mouth and occasional blink, but the game seems to want constant close-ups of her.

Blink twice if you need help.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 21 Mar 2017 18:15

ME: A has the worst mainstream reviews I've ever seen for an AAA game.

Could this be a game changer for the industry?
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 21 Mar 2017 18:41

More fun stuff.
Vince McMahon's geneseed has spread across the cosmos.
Remember me, Ryder? When I killed your father, I talked. Just. LIKE. THIS!
I DUN NO.

Killertomato wrote:Could this be a game changer for the industry?

What would it change, though?

More like this could be a game changer for Bioware. The writing is rather weak in many areas of the story, and given Bioware is kinda known for their stories, that's not gonna be good for their future.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 21 Mar 2017 19:03

Looks like they bought PC gamer out who in turn gave them an 80/100, ign gave it a 7.7/10, polygon 7.5/10. So far only eurogamer is the only one to call the game crap followed by Gamespot giving it a 6/10.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 21 Mar 2017 21:48

You say that like that's a bad thing ;)

Shrike wrote:Looks like they bought PC gamer out who in turn gave them an 80/100, ign gave it a 7.7/10, polygon 7.5/10. So far only eurogamer is the only one to call the game crap followed by Gamespot giving it a 6/10.

Traditional publishers are always reluctant to give the big daddy AAA industry anything more than a soft scorning, they need all those bribes, exclusive and sponsorship.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Tue 21 Mar 2017 22:19

its not even a money grubbing problem--how do they mess up the faces this bad in the transition to Frostbite? lmao

not enough to keep me from enjoying it, just w9ondering how this got past dozens of designers and animators without anyone being like "um". its clearly not a lack of talent, just a weird direction

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 21 Mar 2017 22:38

Notice any similarities? If you don't know what the second image of from, hint: look at my name.