Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Object199
Warrant Officer

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Object199 » Sun 9 Jul 2017 16:13

D-M wrote:Huh shit, I hope Eugen would be so kind to give me the order ID. :D

?

Just open steam, open your transaction list, click on SD/whatever Paradox title you bought in the questionable time, et voila you should see a transaction ID.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 9 Jul 2017 16:33

I won the game, I didn't buy it.

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Sun 9 Jul 2017 19:14

D-M wrote:I won the game, I didn't buy it.

Oh yeah, dont remind me, I participated in the close beta test, but I couldnt be bothered to create a Paradoxplaza account, so I missed all the stuff. :evil:

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 10 Jul 2017 00:24

Huu, what is this Paradox stuff, have to read up on it. What horrible thing have they done to warrant such a reconciliatory move? :o

Edit: Ah, such a smart idea to increase the cost of your old games by several dozen % across the globe in one go, just before summer sales too...

Noticed they have a similar DLC philosophy to Bohemia:

2. Some of the frustration has been expressed due to our DLC policy and how we handle additional content for our games. Since the release of Crusader Kings 2 (Feb 14, 2012) we have adopted a policy where we release paid content and at the same time content for free even if you do not want to pay for the DLC. This means that if you only paid for the original game, you still have a completely different game today with thousands of additions, upgrades and changes. This doesn't mean you should stop giving us feedback on how we conduct our business but if you straight out just hate our DLC policy I respectfully say that we have to agree to disagree.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 11 Jul 2017 17:41

varis wrote:Huu, what is this Paradox stuff, have to read up on it. What horrible thing have they done to warrant such a reconciliatory move? :o

Edit: Ah, such a smart idea to increase the cost of your old games by several dozen % across the globe in one go, just before summer sales too...

2. Some of the frustration has been expressed due to our DLC policy and how we handle additional content for our games. Since the release of Crusader Kings 2 (Feb 14, 2012) we have adopted a policy where we release paid content and at the same time content for free even if you do not want to pay for the DLC. This means that if you only paid for the original game, you still have a completely different game today with thousands of additions, upgrades and changes. This doesn't mean you should stop giving us feedback on how we conduct our business but if you straight out just hate our DLC policy I respectfully say that we have to agree to disagree.

Even before that my opinion of Paradox has been pretty low. I get that DLC adds new content, but having it so that major fixes and features that were cut from/should have been in the base game be put behind a pay wall is pretty low.

Also since many of their games launch feeling so incomplete and the ai is barely tolerable makes its hard to justify buying their new titles. Pretty much for me is wait for all the DLC and for a major sale since HOI4 was the final straw for me. The game isn't that bad and can be fun, but the DLC content tells me they could have done more for the base game.

damoj
First Sergeant

Postby damoj » Wed 12 Jul 2017 17:06

who /gwent/ here?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 12 Jul 2017 17:13

varis wrote:Huu, what is this Paradox stuff, have to read up on it. What horrible thing have they done to warrant such a reconciliatory move? :o

The biggest problem was that they say is to adjust the price base on the countries' economy. Which hilariously, they increased the price almost 100 percent on games in places such as eastern european, russia, brazil and turkey and so on which has at most stagnated economy or worse, recession.
Of Salt

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 12 Jul 2017 17:22

another505 wrote:The biggest problem was that they say is to adjust the price base on the countries' economy. Which hilariously, they increased the price almost 100 percent on games in places such as eastern european, russia, brazil and turkey and so on which has at most stagnated economy or worse, recession.

In Australia and New Zealand we call that a normal day.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 13 Jul 2017 02:28

damoj wrote:who /gwent/ here?

I Gwent but we call it Monmouthshire now and I'm not from the area originally.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan