Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 19 Mar 2017 05:40

Killertomato wrote:What's wrong here aside from the alt-right being triggered?

Well, her demo reel isn't that hot either.

And, well, I honestly never thought of any kind of SJW drama going into it. I just saw the animation and felt it had landed itself quite into the uncanny valley. Strange, considering the previous games didn't have this problem.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 19 Mar 2017 06:07

Did they attempt to use that face rig software? Seems like it would produce better results for a novice.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Mar 2017 06:20

Shrike wrote:Which is why I said they may or may not have hired a cosplayer because they are the only news source to report such a thing. Whoever it was they are awful at their job.

Bioware says no. Her profile says no. The rest of it looks like photoshop.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 19 Mar 2017 09:37

Killertomato wrote:
Shrike wrote:Which is why I said they may or may not have hired a cosplayer because they are the only news source to report such a thing. Whoever it was they are awful at their job.

Bioware says no. Her profile says no. The rest of it looks like photoshop.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... =firefox-b
Cached Instagram page says Lead Facial Animator, as of March 9th

https://www.linkedin.com/in/allierosemarie/
LinkedIn Page says Facial Animator

Now, I don't have any stake in the matter, I'm still trying to find time to finish ME2. The videos posted here look like an awful mess. This woman does not seem like the most experienced animator. There are plenty of other people, including myself, who'd have also done a terrible job. If I were to guess the truth of the situation I'd say that she's a junior animator who thought she could get away with putting herself as 'Lead' on the CV and nobody would notice, I'd even posit that she was involved in the facial animation of the Lead Character, making her a Lead Facial Animator amongst many.

Regardless, online harassment of her is not going to fix the game, implying she sucked dick for the position isn't journalism and justifying it, as the guy did in the next article, with "Oh, it's just an off-color joke bro, why are you upset? Anyway, THIS guy who once worked for Bioware is racist against white people." is a weak defence when I bet the bloke writing the article knew exactly what sort of response it would create.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Mar 2017 10:23

It's just weird as hell to me that anyone would really think that slobbing on the ol' knob would get you this kind of position, and not some secretarial work or something that's, you know, out of the way where nobody could see it.

That and it's definitely not just the facial animations that are screwed up.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 19 Mar 2017 16:21

D-M wrote:

Doesn't look like they've changed much from Endless Space 1. The only (rightfully so) redesigned system seems to be invasions which were a bit stupid in the original.

Is the combat system any better? I found the original unappealing.

One game to watch if you're desperate for good space games, for sure :)

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 19 Mar 2017 17:33

So far the main difference between ES and ES2 is the political system wich allows you to manage elections, pass laws, etc but overall it build a lot more on Endless Legend than on Endless Space in my opinion.

And the space combats let go of the card system, you only have to choose a formation, an attack plan and that's it. The result is entirely depends on your ship design, plan and formation, you have nothing to do during the fight which is good for multiplayer.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129233768

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 20 Mar 2017 10:15

orcbuster wrote:Breath of the wild is freaking amazing. Take note ubisoft, this is how you do open world games and exploration. No handholding, every place has stuff to do, and it is insanely big.

Do yourself a favour and go around talking to everyone with your shirt off!

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 20 Mar 2017 10:21

Shrike wrote:Plus David Gaider has built up quite a negative reputation over the years with his statements. His influence has also bled in his new place of employment at beamdog
http://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-sie ... reference/

A lot of BG: SoD criticism was well deserved, but that issue in particular, was one of the biggest storm-in-a-teacup issues in video games, probably since I've been alive.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Mon 20 Mar 2017 13:43

Anyone else a huge baseball fan and hyped as f**k for MLB The SHOW '17?!?! Ken Griffey Jr is on the cover for one, and mann.. they really revamped the faces, they went from looking like Muppets to AMAZING
Watch, when I get it I'll show you my RTTS Character from '16, Les Gohnau, looks like a god damn Muppet.. but in '17 he's guaranteed to look like a flesh and blood Muppet with sweat and all the good realistic stuff lol

Nah but for real, it looks fantastic, I've got to check it out already and it's the best game graphically for the PS4 so far, looking forward to what Polyphony brings to the table with Grant Turismo as they blow even PC games away with their graphical fidelity..
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.