#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 15 Mar 2017 12:48

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Back when Henry Ford went hired his own mob members to beat jews and unionists to death, when coal miners would work backbreaking hours on dreadful conditions for 2 shillings an hour, back when Irish tenant farmers were deliberately charged more rent than they could actually physically make in order to pertinently keep them in debt, back when you could buy Africans and Asian workers and work them to death in plantations with no legal consequence.

Darn those pesky government regulations stopping me from making an honest dollar like that!

Erm, just an FYI, thats more corruption than libertarianism in action....

Killertomato wrote:Shhh, don't ruin the narrative! Everyone is equivalent! Every view is equally worthwhile!

Strange, I thought that was the meaning of political correctness. You learn something new every day, I guess.

Apart from thats not whats being said, at all, you seem to lack any form of understanding of the actual argument being made and be placing your own version of the argument into place.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Wed 15 Mar 2017 14:17

Mitchverr wrote:
Erm, just an FYI, thats more corruption than libertarianism in action.... .

Really? Why?

Sounds like the whole "this is not real communism" thing. It'll be different next time.

Corporations have no obligation except their bottom line and will act to increase profits at all costs if not restrained. Government is the mechanism by which they are restrained. Look at the wonderful life of a Chinese factory worker.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 15 Mar 2017 18:33

I don't see how greedy capitalist business owners from the industrial revolution equates to libertarianism. The conservatives sure love those guys, they even elected a rich capitalist recently. Plus the government loves to ride on the back of the middle class and suck them dry. The rich get big tax cuts because they allegedly create jobs when all they do is ship them out or replace them with robots, while and the lower class people cant afford to pay all that much.

Libertarians come in all different forms. If you go to reddit you will run into a lot of paranoid anti-government people who live in a bunker, or anarcho capitalists who think that all forms of taxes should be abolished and everything should be privatized.

The system that ancaps want sounds to chaotic. You need taxes to fix roads, keep bridges from collapsing, because tax money goes to maintaining that stuff. My problem is though is that we all these millions of different kinds of taxes and we don't get anything out of it. There tons of poorly maintained roads that would better off just being dirt roads, and questionable bridges. Politicians, contractors, etc seem to see taxes as something you just take money from and make it disappear. There are too many pointless taxes in the don't seem to benefit us what so ever. There is inheritance tax, sales tax, sin tax(tax on alcohol and junkfood), as gasoline tax. Some politicians also got the idea to propose an air tax for bicyclists, because breathing is some how bad for the environment when driving your driving your Prius down the road to Starbucks totally isn't. How about as min-maxing taxes enough to cover primary government functions. Also how about some transparency/oversight on where all that tax money goes, because it seems to disappear into off shore bank accounts.

Speaking of missing money, I wonder where Norm Coleman is hiding Iraq's treasury.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:33

The term libertarian has been just about stripped by all meaning as far as I can tell. In general the US seem to have problems defining it's own political terms.
Viker for ingen!

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 16 Mar 2017 01:53

orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 16 Mar 2017 05:36

Mitchverr wrote:
Erm, just an FYI, thats more corruption than libertarianism in action....

But the point was that this sort of this was legal, either the government didn't care about or activly encouraged this sort of activity. Which is why workers fought tooth an nail to get such regulations in place!

It's the same with privatization, the first firefighting brigades were a private entity, which worked completely different then how it did now. If your house caught fire and they came to save it, you had to sign a contract which meant they owned your house, so either way you lost your home. That changed when the government started regulating and employing firefighters.

Libertarianism, to me, has always sounded like a massive bait and switch to try and re-introduce unregulated systems, usually by highlighting tiny issues (I commonly see Muh weed, Muh guns in Libertarianism headlines). While conventionally ignoring larger issues that the government should have gotten involved with. Gary Johnson is perfect example... "Look how cool I am mountain biking! Wait, what is Aleppo?" "Real politics? Nah man, I'm too busy snowboarding!"

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 16 Mar 2017 05:50

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Gary Johnson

Just think, he's pretty tame for the Libertarian Party. There's far more hardcore ones in the wings wanting to jump in as well.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 16 Mar 2017 05:58

Why are you guys bashing the libertarians again? Just seems a like an out of the blue thing like you ran out of ammo to use against Donald and you are picking on other parties.

Yeah Johnson is senile, yeah he doesn't pay attention to the world, a bad candidate but Jill Stein though. At least Johnson didn't eat at a dinner table with Putin and Flynn, or spouting statement such as wifi causing autism, or going all the way to north Dakota to tag oil equipment. Then there is Hillary, taking donations from corporate entities and dictatorships like Saudi Arabia.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 16 Mar 2017 06:14

Shrike wrote:Why are you guys bashing the libertarians again?

In a nutshell...
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Thu 16 Mar 2017 09:37

Shrike wrote:Why are you guys bashing the libertarians again? Just seems a like an out of the blue thing like you ran out of ammo to use against Donald and you are picking on other parties.

I am against all dumb ideas that have been tried over and over again and found wanting. Too much government control is bad, but too little is bad too, and Libertarians are pretty firmly set on too little government.

Shrike wrote:Yeah Johnson is senile, yeah he doesn't pay attention to the world, a bad candidate but Jill Stein though. At least Johnson didn't eat at a dinner table with Putin and Flynn, or spouting statement such as wifi causing autism, or going all the way to north Dakota to tag oil equipment.

The greens are nuttier than a cashew factory.

Shrike wrote:Then there is Hillary, taking donations from corporate entities and dictatorships like Saudi Arabia.

You realize the wet dream of most corporations is a libertarian state that won't regulate them, or force them to pay a minimum wage, or tax them? Libertarianism is THE free-market capitalist ideology.

I feel like people forget that Hillary was actually a left-centrist and not the second coming of Mitt Romney.