Job rant

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Job rant

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 27 Apr 2017 00:44

Mike wrote:My Chem classes were curved like hell. I didn't need it for Chem I, but I definitely did for Chem II. If they didn't curve my engineering classes, there would only be about 5 people in my classes.

Pansy. :P
Not even my Chemical Engineering class was curved.

I don't know if UND's Chem I or II were curved, but Inorganiic I wasn't, and that was a direct extension of Chem II, to the point they started on topics covered in my Chem I class in community college.

Made me feel much prouder of my accomplishment.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 27 Apr 2017 01:00

What's a curve?

The only thing similar to that that we do is that there seems to be a quota of Firsts (70% or higher) so if everyone did well you're going to see a lot of people with 69.5% grades and then a gap between them and the 80% people.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 27 Apr 2017 04:26

FrangibleCover wrote:What's a curve?

The only thing similar to that that we do is that there seems to be a quota of Firsts (70% or higher) so if everyone did well you're going to see a lot of people with 69.5% grades and then a gap between them and the 80% people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading_on_a_curve

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Thu 27 Apr 2017 04:41

How to fix your bad teaching style in one easy step.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 27 Apr 2017 06:43

Had to sleep in the car last night, car tire go punctured in the middle of butt-fuck-nowhere, and the phone had no battery, tried to change the tire but couldn't see shit, so I decided to camp in the car and wait till the morning.

I'm not too peeved about it though, as my car needed a tire changeout anyway, so I had already saved up for a new set. Also, spacesavers be scary yo...

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Thu 27 Apr 2017 07:38

Applied for a new job as an animal ranger at Yorkshire wildlife park hopefully I will get it!
Spoiler : :
and not get eaten by lions or tigers

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 27 Apr 2017 18:16

Xeno426 wrote:
Mike wrote:My Chem classes were curved like hell. I didn't need it for Chem I, but I definitely did for Chem II. If they didn't curve my engineering classes, there would only be about 5 people in my classes.

Pansy. :P
Not even my Chemical Engineering class was curved.

I don't know if UND's Chem I or II were curved, but Inorganic I wasn't, and that was a direct extension of Chem II, to the point they started on topics covered in my Chem I class in community college.

Made me feel much prouder of my accomplishment.

I would've passed the class, probably with C+ to a B, but I don't think a 20% pass rate looks good. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 8 May 2017 05:15

School has been 8 hours of Trigonometric Functions...

I just want my life to end...

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Mon 8 May 2017 17:36

http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/05/lieut ... nt-office/

too relevant

Captain K saw my premium office. enclosed two desk space with non-blocked windows (!) and door. he scouted it out on the pretense of making small talk with me. a month later, he and Master Sergeant N made it their new office. i am now in a cubicle by the office fridge. that's the pecking order, though. fed > mil > contractor :(

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 9 May 2017 17:47

I've been made redundant and I haven't had a reply from that wildlife park ranger job. So as you can guess I am a bit pissed off