Job rant

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: Job rant

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 14 Aug 2017 06:07

Killertomato wrote:To help pay my salary, every single one of you needs to buy a 2020 Porsche.

That's all I can say, sadly.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 14 Aug 2017 06:18

*Math teacher*: "This will be the an easy exam, study but don't worry too hard.

Exam is the hardest exam of the year so far

Well fuck you too then!

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 14 Aug 2017 21:53

Killertomato wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:
Killertomato wrote:To help pay my salary, every single one of you needs to buy a 2020 Porsche.

That's all I can say, sadly.

Sorry, looking to trade in for a GMC Terrain.

Give it 20 years and your cylinder bores will have my tech in them too.

If anyone's still buying new ICE in the civilian world by then...

You have a lot of faith in the VA I see.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Mon 14 Aug 2017 23:24

Fucked up my brick test only a little thing as well I didn't position myself enough in my lane on roundabouts. I am pissed off I know this which make it worse.

Good news finally got some work though saving up for zoology courses is a bastard when everything else eats up your money. Only 26 but I want to be started by the middle of next year. Plan b is keep trying for a placement.
Other good news got £440 odd back in overpaid taxes so that's nice. I am still waiting for firearms licensing to get back in touch everything seems alright but they are unsure on my aspergers which wasn't an issue when they issued me a shotgun certificate but it is now I want a 22lr or a air rifle in the 30ft/lb region.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 25 Aug 2017 05:32

Professor in my community policing class made the mistake of calling APC/MRAP a tank. The marine in our class corrected her on this and she called him indoctrinated. Since she is from Greece and said she works for the UN, I'm going to glady bring up how many of the so called free western democracies like Italy and France have their own militarized police like the Gendarmerie and the Carabinieri.

Makes the SWAT team larping as military look small time compared to what countries in Europe have. Plus economically it makes more sense in the Europe. You got a ton of camo bdus and armored vehicles being sold for relatively cheap as surplus from all the wars as of recently. Its a lot more economical to buy milsurp than proprietary police equipment, especially with the grants that were being given out during the Obama years.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 28 Aug 2017 08:36

Was stuck without internet for 3 days during my most important group assignment, tecchie that was supposed fix it during the weekend never came, turns out it wasn't a fault, the Modem was just really shittily designed.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 28 Aug 2017 14:11

I'll be TAing four organic chemistry labs this semester. I expect to have plenty of fodder from that. :D

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Was stuck without internet for 3 days during my most important group assignment, tecchie that was supposed fix it during the weekend never came, turns out it wasn't a fault, the Modem was just really shittily designed.

What was the make and model?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 28 Aug 2017 22:01

Shrike wrote:Professor in my community policing class made the mistake of calling APC/MRAP a tank. The marine in our class corrected her on this and she called him indoctrinated. Since she is from Greece...

If you want to get back at her about that, persistently refer to her as an Athenian. Unless she is, in which case you should persistently refer to her as a Corinthian.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 28 Aug 2017 22:40

Or refer to Alexander the Great as a Macedonian. Or hell, just use the name "Macedonia" when referring to the modern day country.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Mon 28 Aug 2017 22:56

Xeno426 wrote:Or refer to Alexander the Great as a Macedonian.

Ummm, what else would you call him?