Anime Thread

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Anime Thread

Postby orcbuster » Mon 28 Nov 2016 17:34

D-M wrote:
Every racists. Everytime. wrote: Not to be racist...

:lol:

Well at least I'm not as racist as that wig.
Viker for ingen!

fuser
Private First-Class

Postby fuser » Mon 28 Nov 2016 17:36

I don't think anime could be translated well into live action movies. Can anyone name one decent live action movie based on anime?

That being said Legend of The Galactic Heroes has the potential to blow Star Wars and Star Treks out of the water. :P

P.S. Smiley description is in French. :D

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Mon 28 Nov 2016 17:38

orcbuster wrote:
D-M wrote:

No, just no. Not to be racist but FMA simply won't work with japanese actors for me.

To me they are indistinguishable from cos players.

Thats the thing about anime movies; on some level they are reflecting the fan base's own activities but on a larger scale.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 28 Nov 2016 17:42

Hellsing could make for a great live action movie if they got some really scenery chewing actors in it. Christoph waltz as the colonel... Tarantino would have a field day tbh.

Deathnote makes sense to me as a movie as well, but i dunno if those movies were any good.
Viker for ingen!

fuser
Private First-Class

Postby fuser » Mon 28 Nov 2016 17:53

There is a death note live action movie in Japanese, I tried watching it but left it in middle.

To me "Monster" is much more doable as live action but I don't see it as a massive summer blockbuster.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Thu 1 Dec 2016 14:13

orcbuster wrote:Hellsing could make for a great live action movie if they got some really scenery chewing actors in it. Christoph waltz as the colonel... Tarantino would have a field day tbh.

Im right now considering giving my firstborn for a Tarantino Hellsing movie...

fuser
Private First-Class

Postby fuser » Thu 1 Dec 2016 19:10

Just heard that code geas' third season has been announced and Leouch is alive. Not sure if I should be excited.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 1 Dec 2016 19:58

orcbuster wrote:Hellsing could make for a great live action movie if they got some really scenery chewing actors in it. Christoph waltz as the colonel... Tarantino would have a field day tbh.

Deathnote makes sense to me as a movie as well, but i dunno if those movies were any good.

The ghost in the shell live action looks pretty bad story wise. In my opinion its like the creators watched a few pieces of the original movie and made references to them and that was it. Story wise its pretty generic trust no one and run away from the people that created you type story.

I think Stanley Kubrick could have pulled it off such a movie since the style of the original movie fits his style.

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Sat 10 Dec 2016 15:29

fuser wrote:Just heard that code geas' third season has been announced and Leouch is alive. Not sure if I should be excited.

Code Geass had an ending that was wrapped up in a nice little bow no need to undo that.

Also I can't be the only who thinks Izetta the Last Witch is basically Valkyria Chronicles the anime.
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 11 Dec 2016 16:51

There already is a Valkyria Chronicles the anime though, it's called Valkyria Chronicles.