Anyone here play tabletop roleplaying games?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Anyone here play tabletop roleplaying games?

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 6 Jun 2017 10:02

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:Anyone else hyped for 8th edition 40k?

Mate just brought a 7th Ed Orc book, he's furious!

Looking decent, hoping for a bit of a deldar and tyranid buffs.

IIRC people whom have bought books recently will be able to swap them or something, I dont remember the full details but GW has setup "something" for it, least in the UK.

As for recently, if it was in the last 2 months, thats kind of his fault, we have known it was coming at least since jan from leaks :lol:

But yeah, so far it looks good, it genuinely looks much more balanced out, guard infantry are balanced, so I suspect that deldar and tyranids have been aswell (in fact, look up the xenos rules, they might be leaked by now), I just hope my death Korps are still badass, we were the worst army in 40k before, so long as we are not worse then we were, I think things will be fine :D

Actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoUPmCN2uVc

Read along of xenos. features dark eldar etc.

Carnage1138
Master Sergeant

Postby Carnage1138 » Thu 8 Jun 2017 03:48

I just hope they don't kill off my beloved Blood Angels because according to the fluff they are the only Space Marine chapter who's homeworld is in the part of the Imperium that is cut off by warp storms, they have a HUGE tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan descending on Baal, oh AND Ka'Bandha is still leading a horde of Chaos Demons towards Baal. They've got it set up like a real last stand and what with Cadia finally dying, Guilliman waking up from a 10,000 year old nap, the Elder God of the Dead being formed, Fenris being glassed except for the Fang etc. it looks like GW might be ok with killing off a Space Marine 1st Founding Chapter to show that SHIT JUST GOT REAL BRO!!!!

Space Vampire Jesus ftw.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 8 Jun 2017 05:11

Roommate said they had an 8th ed fight-off with a few of his old high-school buddies.

Apparently Tyranids got SUPER BUFF now...

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 11 Jun 2017 20:43

Me and friends decided to do a short campaign, my dwarf got bit a by a large bird and turned to stone.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 11 Jun 2017 20:47

Shrike wrote:Me and friends decided to do a short campaign, my dwarf got bit a by a large bird and turned to stone.

Not with Spetz and I? :(
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 11 Jun 2017 20:56

Xeno426 wrote:
Shrike wrote:Me and friends decided to do a short campaign, my dwarf got bit a by a large bird and turned to stone.

Not with Spetz and I? :(

It was just for yesterday and im still kind of new at it :(. His pride would suffer being turned to stone infront of a kobold. Maybe some day.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 11 Jun 2017 20:56

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Roommate said they had an 8th ed fight-off with a few of his old high-school buddies.

Apparently Tyranids got SUPER BUFF now...

looking at the rules, any CC army, especially those with big boys are now very much a viable option it looks like, to the point that I as a DKoK player am thinking "i might need to get more trenchworks/heavy weapons for my trenchworks" because you can only look like this for so long before CC rips your T3 boys apart :D

But the book for my boys isnt leaked nor is it preorder yet

http://2static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures ... 822664.jpg is my current feeling.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 12 Jun 2017 18:57

Shrike wrote:It was just for yesterday and im still kind of new at it :(. His pride would suffer being turned to stone infront of a kobold. Maybe some day.

What better way to get the hang of the game than by playing with a some people with experience?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Pr.shadocko
First Sergeant

Postby Pr.shadocko » Tue 13 Jun 2017 09:01

Mitchverr wrote:

looking at the rules, any CC army, especially those with big boys are now very much a viable option it looks like, to the point that I as a DKoK player am thinking "i might need to get more trenchworks/heavy weapons for my trenchworks" because you can only look like this for so long before CC rips your T3 boys apart :D

Any unit can disengage from CQC when it is their turn while losing all other action. Add the order to bypass this limitation and overwatch fire, means that defence in depth is a go.

as an exemple:

Last edited by Pr.shadocko on Tue 13 Jun 2017 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
(c) Darkmil

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 13 Jun 2017 09:46

Pr.shadocko wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:

Any unit can disengage from CQC when it is their turn while losing all other action. Add the order to bypass this limitation and overwatch fire, means that defence in depth is a go.

as an exemple:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDaqW9sdc1Q[/youtube]

If the DKoK are lucky enough to get that order ofcourse :p