World news thread

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: World news thread

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 17 Mar 2017 17:10

Doinize wrote:You seem have some wild coincidences on your Island...
If it was actually not that bad...what is bad?

Which is 15k in total which means its up from about 12k, total number of crimes in the uk per month is about 500k crimes iirc, over half of which are violent crimes. The fact it spiked doesnt tell the whole story either, massive cuts to the police force and more application of hate crime laws have also significantly damaged the crime statistics for example.

Also, when it comes to crimes like this, it is often that the same people commit the crimes multiple times, it isnt 7500 different people commiting the crimes, it is much, much more likely to be repeat offenders.

What you are doing is x = cause of y, when it is x, z, b and c are cause of y.

And no, it could be worse, but it isnt, I wouldnt say that 4k new crimes in a month = majority of a 17 million vote believe in it, given that some of the highest voting areas for leave didnt show a marked increase of 100% at all. Not to mention your source, if you read into it, suggests some very odd contradictions....

"Hate crimes rise by up to 100 per cent across England and Wales, figures reveal"
"Across England and Wales the rise was 27 per cent."

these 2 numbers are both in that article, they cant both be right lol. Theres also been a fair few fake claims put forwards to try ans skew the numbers, thankfully most of them are found out and ignored.

So, if we take the actual different of 27%, it was what, 11.8k prior, meaning a rise of what, 3.2k in total nationally using the numbers they provided?

Again, 17 million voted LEAVE, 52% of voters, ie 52% of the country arguably believed this position, the country has over 60 million people in it, meaning that for this, you are saying a massive % of the 30 million plus people believing in brexit are racist, which isnt true and as i said, was built up to be worse then it is, it sucks that it went up and thats bad, but it isnt as bad as that bs title made out, at all, nor what you said.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Fri 17 Mar 2017 17:59

Mitchverr wrote:Again, 17 million voted LEAVE, 52% of voters, ie 52% of the country arguably believed this position

"Arguably" as in thats an entirely wild thing to claim. You went on so long about statistics and then this...

you are saying a massive % of the 30 million plus people believing in brexit are racist

Not at all what I said but sure...
That are YouTube right wing shill "classical liberal" levels of strawmannig...

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Fri 17 Mar 2017 19:41

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2017031710 ... ions-meth/

sorry for the source but it seems true

an acquaintance actually did something similar. he got out of the AF, he shipped marijuana to Korea using another USAF guy, my former subordinate, who was told not to open the packages and just deliver to the dropoff at Seoul. the postal dogs sniffed it out after like 1 month lol. the OSI investigation cleared the middleman but he wasn't allowed to reenlist.

but that has nothing on $12m of meth.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017 ... /99257116/

Ru is looking to ban Jehovah's Witnesses. the cult family behavior is somewhat troubling but I suspect the real motive is that JW specifically says all governments are tools of the antichrist and that they have a religious obligation to resist conscription which obv wouldn't fly in such a country.

but apparently JW did have real footage of Russian police planting evidence so

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 17 Mar 2017 20:50

I have a hard time sympathizing for the JWs, because of my grandmother. My dad has made sure that we rarely see her.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 17 Mar 2017 21:05

Shrike wrote:I have a hard time sympathizing for the JWs, because of my grandmother. My dad has made sure that we rarely see her.

You are way softer than they would be. In Eastern Europe smaller sects originating from outside of Europe are treated like... Satanists. If it's not the traditional European Christian sect expect it to be considered a ritual suicide club from day one. Calling someone сектант carries stigma.

Even without the current state of affairs they fall under groups that get marginalised as if they are carrying the plague, drug addicts, AIDs sufferers, people with mental or mood disorders and minor sects worshippers

Mitchverr wrote:Attempts to sugar coat hell to defend a dumb vote again

I am old enough to remember British people saying they didn't know what they voted for on the next day or that they only voted because they thought it wouldn't win and so it wouldn't matter.

I refuse to accept this childish constituency where you can plead stupidity and ask for do overs promising you'll be better next time... And then complain about the UK being a nanny state... Maybe it has to be?

If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes and when you whine for a year you get told to sod off.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sat 18 Mar 2017 01:06

Doinize wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:
Doinize wrote:Dont forget the "getting out muh foreigners" part...

That was built up to be alot higher then it actually was, kind of akin to "all who didnt vote clinton are sexist racists" type thing.

You seem have some wild coincidences on your Island...
If it was actually not that bad...what is bad?

Hate crime =/= hate crimes commited by ethnic british people against minorities.

EDIT: I meant it the way that hate crimes aren't necessarily commited by ethnic brits against minorities only.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 18 Mar 2017 01:36

Wasn't there something about polish immigrants attacking middle eastern people or something?

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sat 18 Mar 2017 12:02

Shrike wrote:Wasn't there something about polish immigrants attacking middle eastern people or something?

Maybe you refer to the handgrenade attack by some eastern europeans due to the fact that the migrants still owed them money.
This was in Germany though, not sure you mean this case.
Funnily enough some pages before someone posted an article about right-winged attacks in Germany and how the situation worsened due to an increase in attacks against migrants by neo-nazis. The case with the handgrenade attack was also listed there. :roll:
Also in the case of the state of Brandenburg its Prime Minister said that every attack that was NOT proven to NOT be committed by right-winged persons will be attributed to crimes commited by the extreme right in the police statistics (can be heard from min. 2:10 onwards).
So much to all these statistics. :roll:

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sat 18 Mar 2017 22:28

Lord Helmchen wrote:So much to all these statistics. :roll:

Well sure, police statistics have flaws, everys statistic does, but guess what, they are the best thing to go by...
There are people who are in three out of four of the PMK (politically motivated crime) categories, for the same thing.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sun 19 Mar 2017 00:54

Doinize wrote:
Lord Helmchen wrote:So much to all these statistics. :roll:

Well sure, police statistics have flaws, everys statistic does, but guess what, they are the best thing to go by...
There are people who are in three out of four of the PMK (politically motivated crime) categories, for the same thing.

Seriously if Brandenburg counts every crime to be a crime committed by the far-right until proven otherwise then these statistics are BS, it's a fake statistic.