World news thread

Doinize
Lieutenant

Re: World news thread

Postby Doinize » Sun 19 Mar 2017 01:36

Lord Helmchen wrote:
Doinize wrote:
Lord Helmchen wrote:So much to all these statistics. :roll:

Well sure, police statistics have flaws, everys statistic does, but guess what, they are the best thing to go by...
There are people who are in three out of four of the PMK (politically motivated crime) categories, for the same thing.

Seriously if Brandenburg counts every crime to be a crime committed by the far-right.

Not every crime, every attack, maybe listen to the source you, yourself posted...
They are referring to violent crime. Not shoplifting or some shit.
I really hate to go there, this isnt Ossi-bashing, just a disclaimer: Its Brandenburg we are talking about here...you know that place with a bit of a Nazi problem...
Its not a move I agree on, but the police had two options, have attacks that were commited by the far-right fall out of the statistic, or have attacks that were not commited by the far-right fall into the statistic, respectively deflating or inflating the numbers. There isnt really a good option.

Lord Helmchen wrote:it's a fake statistic.

No, its not.
Its a statistic with errors, just like every other btw, errors that one has to be aware of, but once you are its still usable.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 19 Mar 2017 05:22

I would advise heavily against using statistics that don't represent the population.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sun 19 Mar 2017 11:29

Doinize wrote:Not every crime, every attack, maybe listen to the source you, yourself posted...
They are referring to violent crime. Not shoplifting or some shit.
I really hate to go there, this isnt Ossi-bashing, just a disclaimer: Its Brandenburg we are talking about here...you know that place with a bit of a Nazi problem...
Its not a move I agree on, but the police had two options, have attacks that were commited by the far-right fall out of the statistic, or have attacks that were not commited by the far-right fall into the statistic, respectively deflating or inflating the numbers. There isnt really a good option.

Yea, sorry, I used the incorrect term.

Well the option HAS to be to fall out of the statistics because the state (normally) has to prove that a crime was committed by someone.

Doinize wrote:
Lord Helmchen wrote:it's a fake statistic.

No, its not.
Its a statistic with errors, just like every other btw, errors that one has to be aware of, but once you are its still usable.

It's a statistic with known errors which the state not even doesn't correct but which it adds the errors in.
There is NO evidence that the crimes were committed by the right-wing and they, nevertheless, add it in as part of right-winged violence. This is faked.

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 19 Mar 2017 12:05

Don't forget that you are arguing with someone who thinks that BFE is the ultimate police brutality unit and who tried to sell Antifa activists with paramedics training as regular (neutral) paramedics. ;)

But on topic: Any PKS is heavily unreliable as its way more politically motivated than it should be. What you count and what you don't count is easily changed by the state government responsible. Heck, nationality and immigration background as a statistical principle was still missing in Berlin not so long ago. That despite many of the crimes in OK or assault and battery being committed by exactly that group.

I'd primarily go for the BKA statistics if you want more reliable information.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sun 19 Mar 2017 15:15

Markenzwieback wrote:Don't forget that you are arguing with someone who thinks that BFE is the ultimate police brutality unit and who tried to sell Antifa activists with paramedics training as regular (neutral) paramedics. ;)

Dont forget that I am arguing with someone that, last time I checked, likes the AfD and compared Blockupy to the fucking SA and couldnt see how thats realtivistic. ;)

The PKS is relased by the BKA...
Funnily enough PMK isnt even in the PKS, its in the Verfassungsschutzbericht. But to have bot from 2016 we'll have to wait a bit anyways...

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 19 Mar 2017 17:27

Doinize wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:Don't forget that you are arguing with someone who thinks that BFE is the ultimate police brutality unit and who tried to sell Antifa activists with paramedics training as regular (neutral) paramedics. ;)

Dont forget that I am arguing with someone that, last time I checked, likes the AfD and compared Blockupy to the fucking SA and couldnt see how thats realtivistic. ;)

Oh god, political opinions between right-wing liberalism and right-wing extremism exist! :o Honestly though, if someone wants to like/vote AfD, let him do that. Unless I missed something, it still is a democratic party within the limits of our constitution and laws. Like it or not.

Doinize wrote:

The PKS is relased by the BKA...

Wrong! https://www.berlin.de/polizei/verschied ... statistik/ BKA only publishes the one for the entire of the Federal Republic. Every LKA publishes their own for their respective state.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sun 19 Mar 2017 18:14

Markenzwieback wrote: Unless I missed something, it still is a democratic party within the limits of our constitution and laws. Like it or not.

You missed something. The AfD regularly walks the line between far-right populism and far-right extremism. Höckes Dresden speech is just one example. Some elements of the party have clearly unconstitutional goals.

Wrong! https://www.berlin.de/polizei/verschied ... statistik/ BKA only publishes the one for the entire of the Federal Republic. Every LKA publishes their own for their respective state.

The BKA statisitcs consist of the LKA statistics dont they?
Last edited by Doinize on Sun 19 Mar 2017 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Sun 19 Mar 2017 18:14

Some newly discovered Japanese armour. Our understanding of IJA tank development is so shockingly poor that we are still in the process of uncovering new tanks, some of which actually saw combat, like they are Amazonian beetle species or something. :lol:

http://sensha-manual.blogspot.ca/2017/0 ... tanks.html

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Mar 2017 18:32

Admiral Piett wrote:Some newly discovered Japanese armour. Our understanding of IJA tank development is so shockingly poor that we are still in the process of uncovering new tanks, some of which actually saw combat, like they are Amazonian beetle species or something. :lol:

http://sensha-manual.blogspot.ca/2017/0 ... tanks.html

The language barrier is probably a huge problem here. Hell, look at how much info there is for modern Japanese armor...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Sarvik
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Sarvik » Sun 19 Mar 2017 18:39

Doinize wrote:Its not a move I agree on, but the police had two options, have attacks that were commited by the far-right fall out of the statistic, or have attacks that were not commited by the far-right fall into the statistic, respectively deflating or inflating the numbers. There isnt really a good option.

Uh, yes there is. You simply take ratio of attacks by far-right in cases where perpetrators are known, and then assume that roughly same ratio applies to attacks where perpetrators are not known, giving you reasonable overall estimate. It is not some kind of rocket science.