[Non included Nation] Thailand

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby Mike » Fri 6 Jan 2017 01:52

FrangibleCover wrote:
Mike wrote:Here's how you use the spoilers.

Happy?

I was trying to make it easier to scroll down for everyone. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

phuri45
Corporal

Postby phuri45 » Fri 6 Jan 2017 03:02

Here's how you use the spoilers.

I somehow still can't get it to work, whenever I pressed Preview it didn't appear as spoiler but in its coding format. Halp
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=59177

Faction proposal: Thailand. Added as SEA nations DLC with Vietnam.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 6 Jan 2017 07:52

phuri45 wrote:
Here's how you use the spoilers.

I somehow still can't get it to work, whenever I pressed Preview it didn't appear as spoiler but in its coding format. Halp

Just try and make a short one and I'll fix it for you and you can use it as an example.
Courtesy of KattiValk

phuri45
Corporal

Postby phuri45 » Fri 6 Jan 2017 18:12

Spoiler : I think I got it :
Nah, they can still come in Amtracs in Cat-A only while being a Cat-C squad. A lot of units do that.[/quote]
OK

I'm thinking of giving Armburst to the RTMC instead of the M72 LAW. Thoughts?

Hmm, that's given me an idea. Quite a while ago now it was proposed that the West German Fliegerfaust squad with the Redeye should be reroled into Air Base Security personnel with G3s, a Redeye and an MG3. I seem to remember this was justified by the fact that in the event of WW3 kicking off it was believed that the Warsaw Pact intended to Tactically Outplay some of the NATO airbases in Germany and try to neutralise others with Spetsnaz so the German Security units were uncommonly well trained. If Thailand can find a similar justification (Being surrounded by enemy countries that like light infantry tactics, for instance) then an Airbase Defence Unit with HK-33s, a HN-5B and an M60 or MAG would help compensate for the otherwise shitty MANPADS situation.

Then Thailand's the right place, it's facing Vietnam, Laos and Burma, nations notorious for their use of light infantry. The Dac Cong was a real thorn in the RTAF's side. But then they will become FJB-40 lite version. I guess giving them Condor with MG-3 will be OK now.

Intro to service 1996 though. Thailand has a lot of prototypes already and it can't afford to waste community goodwill (The currency in which OOTF units are purchased, practically) on systems that aren't top of the line. Also, as I say, if you let slip that you have a Fleet Air Arm then your Marine deck gets hit with the nerfbat :lol:.

Fair enough.

IIRC the rule was that the US's allies in SEA don't get F&F MRAAMs until one of the US's enemies (ahem, Non Partner Nations) do. Then the shipment arrives pretty sharpish. I think so long as one of the Redfor states gets F&F MRAAMs either Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore should. If not, Tigershark to the Rescue!

I think Vietnam got its first Su-27SK in 2004 so I think it's impossible for Peace Naresuan III to be in. Maybe with a different loadout, replace the AIM-9M with Python-3, give it Mavericks. Etc. But I guess Thailand's best ASF would be the Tigershark.

Maybe fold Khmer Rouge forces into Thailand and Kampuchean forces into Vietnam or Laos if that's not going to produce too much butthurt. Is that stepping across any Ethno-Geo-Political lines?

That would bring so much butthurt that it'd be unbelievable. Cambodia had its quarrel with both Vietnam and Thailand. And that part of the history is the dark part for Cambodia's history of how they need to cling onto two of their historical rivals and fight amongst themselves. It's quite painful.

A bunch of M48A5s were delivered in 1990 so if you can find a new name for them you can get magic updated ammunition for the later intro date.

Do M48 Pattons ever of any type of stabilizers installed, because somehow I had this weird idea of giving Thailand the best M48 variant in game.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 6 Jan 2017 20:14

Spoiler : You got it :
phuri45 wrote:I'm thinking of giving Armburst to the RTMC instead of the M72 LAW. Thoughts?

Well, I just read up on the Armbrust and it turns out I should have done that a long time ago because "The Armbrust also has the unprecedented feature of a venturi and muzzle that seal the instant the rocket leaves the tube, making it smokeless, flashless, and no louder than a pistol shot when fired."
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/armbrust.htm
If that's even close to accurate the Armbrust might just become the meme-iest meme weapon ever to meme. Fancy a 14/15AP shitheap that produces less noise when fired than a sniper rifle on your 2 man exceptional stealth recon team? Especially given that you could give them suppressed rifles, although that might be a step too far. I'm not sure it's good for the Marines though, their ability to take a CG without being prototype will be highly valuable in the Thai deck and for a 'sneaky' weapon having 14 other blokes barrelling through the undergrowth behind you seems a little silly.

Then Thailand's the right place, it's facing Vietnam, Laos and Burma, nations notorious for their use of light infantry. The Dac Cong was a real thorn in the RTAF's side. But then they will become FJB-40 lite version. I guess giving them Condor with MG-3 will be OK now.

They're not quite FJB-40 lite because in addition to only being regular training they'll get absolutely steamrolled by anything with 2 Front Armour. The Condor as a unique transport would be interesting and I suspect with the relatively low amount of other modelling that Thailand requires you could get it even though it's slightly redundant with the V-150.

I think Vietnam got its first Su-27SK in 2004 so I think it's impossible for Peace Naresuan III to be in. Maybe with a different loadout, replace the AIM-9M with Python-3, give it Mavericks. Etc. But I guess Thailand's best ASF would be the Tigershark.

I used the PN III because it's an acquisition post-1991 and therefore is a prototype name anyway. If it's not going to get prototype weapons then you might as well move the Mk.84s to the F-16B PN II and use the F-16A PN II for whatever your loadout is. I think the F-5F already has the AT role more then sewn up though. The F-16A PN II could get a mixed Python/AIM-9M loadout to produce the best knifefighter in game to pair with the slightly disappointing Tigershark. Alternatively it strikes me that I've put the kibosh on Thailand's only cluster bomber so either PN II can be tasked with that. Did Thailand operate any interesting CBUs or should we just copy the Danish F-16 but with Pythons?

Incidentally, did the F-5B/F-5F have cannons? I know the NF-5B didn't.

That would bring so much butthurt that it'd be unbelievable. Cambodia had its quarrel with both Vietnam and Thailand. And that part of the history is the dark part for Cambodia's history of how they need to cling onto two of their historical rivals and fight amongst themselves. It's quite painful.

Understood, sorry.

Do M48 Pattons ever of any type of stabilizers installed, because somehow I had this weird idea of giving Thailand the best M48 variant in game.

Haven't the foggiest, I'm sorry. It could be done, I'm sure, but proving that Thailand did it or at least thought very hard about it is difficult. On the other hand, receiving posh Israeli 105mm ammo in the same box as the Pythons is possible and the poshest possible US 105mm ammo coming with the tanks is almost certain. I'd expect an less-accurate but non-proto WRSA essentially. It's worth pointing out that more reliable modern ammo can give slight acc buffs so it's not only going to throw high-AP shells into bushes, trees and rocks. Do you have a name for the 1990 tanks, is there a Thai military term meaning the same thing as KWS (Improved Combat Efficiency) on the German upgraded units?

Just noticed that Thailand received a pair of Rasit radars from France in 1986. Do you happen to know what was done with them?
There were 43 Dragoon APCs delivered in 1985, what kinds and what for? Probably redundant with the V-150s, like, but they existed.
I also noticed a transfer of a whole bunch of Sikorsky H-34s in the late 60s, were they still soldiering on in the early 80s and would they be a reasonable cheap supply helo?
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

phuri45
Corporal

Postby phuri45 » Sat 7 Jan 2017 11:55

FrangibleCover wrote:
Spoiler : You got it :
phuri45 wrote:I'm thinking of giving Armburst to the RTMC instead of the M72 LAW. Thoughts?

Well, I just read up on the Armbrust and it turns out I should have done that a long time ago because "The Armbrust also has the unprecedented feature of a venturi and muzzle that seal the instant the rocket leaves the tube, making it smokeless, flashless, and no louder than a pistol shot when fired."
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/armbrust.htm
If that's even close to accurate the Armbrust might just become the meme-iest meme weapon ever to meme. Fancy a 14/15AP shitheap that produces less noise when fired than a sniper rifle on your 2 man exceptional stealth recon team? Especially given that you could give them suppressed rifles, although that might be a step too far. I'm not sure it's good for the Marines though, their ability to take a CG without being prototype will be highly valuable in the Thai deck and for a 'sneaky' weapon having 14 other blokes barrelling through the undergrowth behind you seems a little silly.

They're not quite FJB-40 lite because in addition to only being regular training they'll get absolutely steamrolled by anything with 2 Front Armour. The Condor as a unique transport would be interesting and I suspect with the relatively low amount of other modelling that Thailand requires you could get it even though it's slightly redundant with the V-150.

I used the PN III because it's an acquisition post-1991 and therefore is a prototype name anyway. If it's not going to get prototype weapons then you might as well move the Mk.84s to the F-16B PN II and use the F-16A PN II for whatever your loadout is. I think the F-5F already has the AT role more then sewn up though. The F-16A PN II could get a mixed Python/AIM-9M loadout to produce the best knifefighter in game to pair with the slightly disappointing Tigershark. Alternatively it strikes me that I've put the kibosh on Thailand's only cluster bomber so either PN II can be tasked with that. Did Thailand operate any interesting CBUs or should we just copy the Danish F-16 but with Pythons?

Incidentally, did the F-5B/F-5F have cannons? I know the NF-5B didn't.

Understood, sorry.

Haven't the foggiest, I'm sorry. It could be done, I'm sure, but proving that Thailand did it or at least thought very hard about it is difficult. On the other hand, receiving posh Israeli 105mm ammo in the same box as the Pythons is possible and the poshest possible US 105mm ammo coming with the tanks is almost certain. I'd expect an less-accurate but non-proto WRSA essentially. It's worth pointing out that more reliable modern ammo can give slight acc buffs so it's not only going to throw high-AP shells into bushes, trees and rocks. Do you have a name for the 1990 tanks, is there a Thai military term meaning the same thing as KWS (Improved Combat Efficiency) on the German upgraded units?

Just noticed that Thailand received a pair of Rasit radars from France in 1986. Do you happen to know what was done with them?
There were 43 Dragoon APCs delivered in 1985, what kinds and what for? Probably redundant with the V-150s, like, but they existed.
I also noticed a transfer of a whole bunch of Sikorsky H-34s in the late 60s, were they still soldiering on in the early 80s and would they be a reasonable cheap supply helo?

Spoiler : Reply :
I think Armburst can be issued to Pol Sum Ying instead. As they are the sneaky infiltrator type

Thai M48A5 on 1996 parade come with two M60 instead of a .50cal, it would lead to an interesting loadout for the M48A5TH.

No idea on the RASIT radar.

The H-34 remained in service until 2003 when Thailand start receiving Blackhawks, so it can be an Mi-4 Cargo equivalent for Thailand. I'll have to do quite a lot of research on this. Also, Here's a good source of Thai camo pattern http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Thailand

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 7 Jan 2017 12:19

phuri45 wrote:
I think Armburst can be issued to Pol Sum Ying instead. As they are the sneaky infiltrator type

Thai M48A5 on 1996 parade come with two M60 instead of a .50cal, it would lead to an interesting loadout for the M48A5TH.

The H-34 remained in service until 2003 when Thailand start receiving Blackhawks, so it can be an Mi-4 Cargo equivalent for Thailand. I'll have to do quite a lot of research on this. Also, Here's a good source of Thai camo pattern http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Thailand

Spoiler : Agreed on all points :
I'm excited to see the Westland Wessex kind of make an appearance!
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

phuri45
Corporal

Postby phuri45 » Sun 8 Jan 2017 16:07

Because the 1st post is a massive wall of text. The initial lineup will be available here.
Spoiler : Version 0.01 :
Logistics

Nuay Banchakan (หน่วยบัญชาการ lit. Command unit): 5 men strong, regular trained squad equipped with M16 and M60. 100 points. Transport available: M35, M3 Halftrack, Humvee, V-100, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

M151A1 CP: The same as American M151CP. 100 points.

Humvee CV: Thai version of M998 Humvee, armed with M60 machine gun instead of .50cal. 110 points.

M113 CV: Your M113 CV available to South Korea and Denmark. 110 points

Type-85 ACV: Command Vehicle variant of the Type-85. Prototype only. 120 points.

CMD M60A3: Command tank variant of the M60A3. 155 points.

UH-1H RTAF: Command Helicopters variant of the Huey in service with the RTAF, armed with M60 Machine gun. 105 points.

CH-47C Chinook: The same CH-47 Chinook available to other BLUFOR countries. 55 points.

Unimog Cargo: Your bog standard Unimog Cargo, 10 points.

M35: The most common BLUFOR truck. 15 points.

FOB: No explanation needed. 75 points.

Infantry

Thahan Rab (ทหารราบ, literally "Infantry"): A 10 men squad, Regular trained infantry armed with M16, M72 LAW and M60. 10 points. Available transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

Thahan Rab'90: The upgraded version of the Thahan Rab, armed with RPS-001 assault rifle, M72A4 LAW and M60. The RPS-001 is the first indigenous Thai assault rifle, developed in the 90s when Thailand look to replace M1 Garand, M1 Carbine and M16A1 then in service with the RTA but had fallen out of favor when Thailand choose the purchase the M16A4 instead. Now, in this alternate timeline, Thailand believe in self-reliance and the rifle was thus accepted. It's a combination of Czech Vz.58 and American M16A2 firing 5.56 NATO rounds and should have the same stats as the M16 but with increased rate of fire (232 rounds per minute, in reality it can archive 620 rounds per minute but imagine MG-3 with the correct fire rate.). The price got increased to 15 points. Available transports: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H (Type-85 APC), RSP-15t, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Thahan Rab Bao (ทหารราบเบา lit. Light Infantry): 10 men, regular trained squad armed with M16, M47 Dragon ATGM and M60. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey

Thahan Rab Bao'90: upgraded version reequipped with RPS-001, M47 II Super Dragon and FN MAG CQC variant. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H, RSP-15t, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Thahan Chaang (ทหารช่าง lit. Combat Engineer): 5 men, regular trained squad armed with M16 and M9 Flamethrower. 15 points. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

Por Ror Sor (ป.ร.ส, a shortened version of Thai word "ปืนไร้แรงสะท้อน" literally "Recoilless rifle"): A 5 men fire support team equipped with M16 and 106mm M40A2 recoilless rifle. 16 AP, 1,400m range, 40% accuracy, Regular trained. 10 points. Available transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

Jor Tor Tōr (จ.ต.ถ, a shortened version for Thai word "จรวดต่อสู้รถถัง" literally "ATGM"). A five men strong, regular trained squad armed with M16 and M47 Super Dragon ATGM. This will be clearly one of Thailand's main weakness as it lacks any significant ATGM infantry. 15 points. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

RPS-7: 5 men fire support team armed with RPS-001 and RPS-7 RPG, a modified Thai version of the Chinese Type-69 RPG. 20 AP, 700m range. Prototype only, 15 points. Available transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H, RSP-15t, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Redeye: Your MANPADS team. 10 points, 2 men team armed with M16 and Redeye. Regular trained. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

HN-5A: A Chinese MANPADS purchased in 1990. Mostly the same with Chinese HN-5A. Two men squad, M-16 and HN-5A. 5 points, available transport: M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H, RSP-15t, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

HN-5B: Looking to replace the retired Blowpipe, Thailand purchased 100 sets of Chinese HN-5B MANPADS in 1996. 10 points, two men strong ,regular trained, squad armed with RPS-001 and HN-5B. Available transport: Humvee, M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H, RSP-15T, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Ror Dor: Direct English translation for the term ร.ด, an abbreviation for the word รักษาดินแดน (Defender of the Homeland), in turn the unofficial name for นักศึกษาวิชาทหาร (Army Reserve Student Corps). Thailand's militia squad, or should I say students. Most of Thailand's male population including me and a small chunk of females who volunteer had to enroll into this organization when they're in high school. The squad's 15 men strong, militia trained, armed with Type-66 Siamese Mauser(In reality it's an Arisaka derivative) and M20A1 Super Bazooka. The Siamese Mauser got 40% accuracy on static, 5% on the move, 64 rounds per minute. Prototype only. 5 points. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack.

Ror Dor'90: Yes, upgraded militia. Rearmed with Type-11(licensed HK-33), Type-25 73mm Bazooka and UTS-203 grenade launcher, the UTS-203 is the Thai modification of the M203 40mm grenade launcher mounted onto the Type-11, 2 HE, 30% accuracy, 8 rounds per minute. Another alternative is to replace the UTS-203 with HK-21 SAW with 30% accuracy on static and 10% on the move. In reality the Type-25 rocket launcher was a disaster with warheads exploding inside the tubes and substandard accuracy due to Thailand's lack of experience in working on things like rocket launchers. However it still archives penetration power demanded by the RTA. 15 AP, 35% accuracy, rounds per minute. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack. 15 points.

Gorng Pan Jujome(กองพันจู่โจม lit. Assault battalion): Iconic with their red berets. They're originally equipped with Uzi SMG and intended to be use for jungle and urban infantry powerhouse fighting. The squad's 10 men strong, armed with Uzi, M72 LAW and M60E3. They're elite trained and cost 25 points. Available transports: Humvee, M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

Gorng Pan Jujome'90: The upgraded version of the original 75 variant. The 90s version comes with RPS-001S Assault rifle, Carl Gustav M3 and Minimi. The RPS-001S is the shortened carbine version of the RPS-001 with little to no difference to the original RPS-001. 35 points. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H, RSP-15t, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Suranari (กองกำลังสุรนารี Lit. "Suranari Unit"): Named "Suranari" after one of Thailand's heroine, is the name for Thailand's rapid response force based in Korat. The unit's formed in 1980s to respond to the Vietnamese buildup along the border. 10 men strong, shock trained infantry armed with M16, M72 LAW and M60E3. 25 points. Available transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey. 15 points

Suranari'95: Upgraded version of the Suranari. Rearmed with RPS-001S, Carl Gustav M3 and Minimi. 30 point. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3, YW-531H, RSP-15t, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Pak Tong Chai (ปักธงชัย): Named after their base camp in Pak Tong Chai, Korat, Northeastern Thailand. Officially named the 20th Thahan Pranh Regiment. They are the best of nearly a hundred Thahan Pranh units Thailand have at its disposal. They're constantly deployed to the border and beating back numerous Vietnamese raids across the border, some of which outnumbering them 10 to 1. Though that can be contributed to Thailand having the high ground. They also were deployed deep into Laos during the Thai-Laotian border war of 1987, attacking Laotian rear, blocking roads and hampering enemy logistics. 5 men, shock trained squad armed with TOBZ-56 Assault Rifle, RPG-2 and RPD. 20 points. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113A1, M113A3.

Navikkayothin(นาวิกโยธิน lit. "Marine"): These are men from the Royal Thai Marine Corps. 10 men squad armed with M16, M72 LAW and M60. Shock trained. Available transport: M3 Halftrack, LVT, UH-1H Huey. 25 points

Navikkayothin'95: upgraded version of the original Navikkayothin. Rearmed with RPS-001S, Carl Gustav M3 and Minimi. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, LVT, AAV-7A1, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412. 30 points.

Support

M109A5: Thailand bought 20 M109A5 SPG along with 6 CH-47D Chinook in the aftermath of the Thai-Laotian Border War of 1987 when they found it to be extremely difficult for towed 155mm howitzers to be relocated in the face of a Laotian counter barrage directed by North Korean advisers. The same in every aspect as the American M109A6 Paladin though its range is reduced to 22,000 meters. 110 points.

M106: Same as the American M106 and South Korean KM106. 40 points.

YW-306: An MRLS version of the YW-531H with 30 tube 130mm MRLS mounted on top of it. Similar to the Chinese PHZ-70 but with HE warhead instead of a napalm one. 7 HE. 65 points.

YW-304: An 82mm mortar carriage based on the YW-531H, with 1 extra armor on the front and ammunition capacity increased to 140 rounds. Armed with .50cal M2 machine gun for self defense. 35 points.

YW-381: A 120mm mortar carriage based on the YW-531H, 1 extra frontal armor, ammunition capacity increased to 65 rounds. Armed with .50cal M2 for self defense. 45 points.

M42 Duster: The same as Japanese and West German Duster. 15 points.

M163 VADS: The same as the American and South Korean VADS. Thailand purchased 20 M163 and 42 M167 during 1980s. 25 points.

M151 HN-5A: An M151 jeep with an HN-5A MANPADS mounted on it. 15 points.

Humvee HN-5B: An open topped Humvee with HN-5B MANPADS. 20 points.

Spada Aspide: A Spada Aspide SAM launcher mounted onto an Isuzu truck. Spada missile is the ground based variant of the AIM-7F Sparrow AAM. The Spada have 8 missiles, 4,550 meters range against airplanes, 2,800 meters against helicopters. 40% accuracy on static, very good air detection, medium size, poor stealth. 80 points.

Tank

M24 Chaffee: 50 delivered in 1946 after the end of WW2. This tank replaced all Vickers Mk.E and Type-95 Ha-Go in RTA service. 10 points.

M41A3 Walker Bulldog: Commissioned in 1962, with more than 200 vehicles purchased, this tank formerly formed the nucleus of Thai cavalry corps replacing the M24 Chaffee. The M41A3 have 80 km/h off-road speed compared to the M41A1. 10 points.

Scorpion Light Tank: To reinforce the M41 fleet, the Royal Thai Army purchased approximately 150 FV-101 Scorpion Light Tank, Commissioned in 1978. 20 points.

M48A5: Commissioned in 1979, 105 M48A5 Patton MBT were purchased by Thailand. With the threat looming over the border the Thai military look to bridge the gap between their fleet of M41 and Scorpion against the Vietnamese T-54/55 and T-62. The same as Norwegian M48A5 though the Thai version didn't have the machine gun cupola. 25 points.

M48A5TH: This one's an alternate history. Thai M48A5 never received any upgrades other than hastily made wooden side skirts. In this timeline the Thais send their M48A5 to South Korea for upgrade. Added on armored skirt increase side armor to 4, the tank in other aspect were upgraded to M48A5K WRSA level, 2275 meters range for the 105mm gun, hitting with 17 AP and 3 HE, 45% accuracy, no stabilizer, 8 rounds per minute. Come with a .50cal M2 machine gun and M60 machine gun. Prototype only. 50 points.

M60A1 RISE Passive: Commissioned in 1990, as form of US Military assistance program. Out of 178 M60 Patton operated by Thailand, 53 of them were RISE Passive. The same in stats as the M60A1 RISE Patton. 40 points.

M60A3 TTS: Commissioned in 1996, as form of US military assistance program. 105 tanks entered RTA service. The TTS came with good optics for a 10 points increase from the original M60A3. 60 points.

ZTZ-69-II:purchased from China in 1987 at the height of border tensions between Thailand and Vietnam. Thee tanks are 2nd hand from the PLA who sold it at 5-10% of the original price as a signal of friendship between China and Thailand. The ZTZ-69-II were originally purchased with 100mm gun. 8 frontal armor, 4 side, 2 on top and rear. 100mm gun, 3 HE, 12 AP. 40% accuracy, 10% stabilizer. Comes with M2 .50cal machine gun. Big size, poor optics. 35 points.

ZTZ-69-IIA: Later in the late 1990s, all ZTZ-69s in Thai service were sent back to China for maintenance, some of them were upgraded with 105mm gun(similar to the Chinese ZTZ-59-IIA) and enter service with the Royal Thai Marine Corps. 9 frontal armor, 5 side, 3 rear. 100mm gun, 16 AP, 3 HE, 50% accuracy, 30% stabilizers. Medium size, medium optics. Prototype only. 50 points.

Commando Stingray I: Thailand's pride and joy. While fallen out of favor in the US AGS contest the Thai army did liked the idea of light, highly mobile and hard hitting vehicles and thus the contract was signed. 5 years after the purchase the tank suffered from massive cracking issue. Cadillac sent team to investigate and turn out the cause of the cracking is the fact that the RTA have a competition for each tankers for who can make the tank jump as high as possible. The highest were reported to be over two meters. Cadillac repaired the tank for free and it returned to service. 3 armor on the front, 2 on the side and rear with 1 on top. 17 AP and 3 HE on the 105mm L7A3. 55% accuracy, 40% stabilizer. Comes with a .50cal. Small size, poor optics, poor stealth, 70 km/h off-road speed, 50 points.

Commando Stingray II: This one's an alternate history. Initially the Thai army was interested in them but the media keep slamming the military for the Stingray I's cracking issue to the point that the army's forced to drop them. In this alternate timeline of longer, more violent Cold War. Thailand purchased it as it need every guns it can get. Commission date 1996. 6 armor on the front, 3 on the side, 2 on the rear, 1 on top. 21 AP and 3 HE on the L7A3, again comes with the .50cal. Medium optics, medium stealth, small size. Prototype only. 80 points.

Panzer 68: Yes, the Panzer 68, that terrible Swiss MBT that were teethed with so many problems that ruined its reputation completely. After fixing all the problems, the Swiss offer 200 Panzer 68 to Thailand in late 1990s. Needless to say the deal fell through as the Thai army feared the Panzer 68's reputation and didn't believe that the Swiss had already fleshed out all the problems. However, Thailand in this timeline purchase the tank, completely overhauled and upgraded. 105mm gun fire 17 AP, 3 HE. 60% accuracy, 45% stabilizer. 9 frontal armor, 4 side, 3 rear. Comes with an MG-3. Prototype only. 75 points.

TH-301 (TAM): Also known as TAM from its only user Argentina. The TH-301 entered trial in the RTA and were tested at Lopburi proving grounds in central Thailand. While never adopted in real life, the Thai army adopted the tank in this alternate timeline. 6 frontal armor, 4 on the side, 2 on the rear, 1 on the top. 105mm L7 gun, 45% accuracy, 30% stabilizer, 13 AP, 3 HE comes with a mounted MG-3 machine gun. Medium size, poor optics, Prototype only. 40 points.

Recon

Thahan Pranh (ทหารพราน lit. Hunter soldier): paramilitary forces recruited from local population to fight against communist insurgency. Armed with TOBZ-56, Type-69 and RPD. Costed 10 points and have good optics. It should fill the gaps for cheap units, between the regular trained Susak-Dae and the more well trained JSDF ranger and to be deployed as watch out for any SF sneaking behind the line. Available transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, V-150, M113 ACAV.

Bell 206: Your recon helicopter. The RTA operate 4 by 1972 and 6 more arrive by 1976. Very small size, Very good optics, armed with FN MAG 58, 50 points.

RTA Ranger: 5 men shock recon infantry armed with M16, M72 and M60E3. Shock trained, 15 points. Available transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113 ACAV, V-150, UH-1H Huey.

RTA Ranger'95: Upgraded variant of the RTA Ranger. Rearmed with RPS-001, Carl Gustav M3 and Minimi. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113 ACAV, V-150, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412

RTN Navy SEAL: Royal Thai Navy's elite troops, trained by the US Navy SEAL. Ten men squad, armed with Carbine M727, Carl Gustav M2 and FN MAG SAW. Elite trained. 30 points. Available Transport: LVT, AAV-7A1, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412

M8 Greyhound: The same as the Norwegian and Yugoslav M8. 15 points.

M60A3 TTS Recon: The same with the M60A3 TTS in the tank tab in most aspect. With optics being upgraded from medium-good to exceptional. Price increased to 80 points.

Tor Chor Dor: Direct translation of Thai word ต.ช.ด. Abbreviations for "ตำรวจตระเวนชายแดน" (Border Patrol Police). A 5 men, regular trained squad armed with HK-33 Battle rifle, M72 LAW and M60. Good optics. 15 points. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, V-150, M113 ACAV, UH-1H Huey.

Pol Sum Ying (พลซุ่มยิง lit. Sniper): Two men/women, elite trained squad armed with Carbine M727, M72 LAW and M16 DMR. They're subordinate to Special Warfare Command based in Lopburi, Central Thailand. On multiple occasions, Thailand used female members for deep infiltration behind enemy's rear. The M16 DMR is basically an M16 with sniper scope attached on top of it over the handle. 90% accuracy for the M16 DMR. 25 points. Available Transport: Unimog, M3 Halftrack, M113 ACAV, V-150, UH-1H Huey, Bell 412.

Vehicles

M16 MGMC: An M3 Halftrack with quad mounted .50cal. Same in stats to the South Korean and Danish M16. 10 points.

Type-95 Ha-Go: Yes, a WW2 era Japanese Type-95 Ha-Go light tank. The Thai military received 50 vehicles from Japan during the war and it remained in service until 1952, replaced by M24 Chaffee. However, in this alternate timeline Thailand needs every gun it has and recommissioned the tank for rear security and counter insurgency operation. 1 armor on all sides and even a 12.7 armed transport can kill one. However, it comes with very small size, good stealth and armed with a 37mm gun that have 2 HE and 3 AP. 40% accuracy and 5% stabilizer. 8 RPM, poor optics. 5 points.

M113 FSV: An M113 refitted with new turret and 90mm Cockerill Mk.8 main gun. 2,000 meters, 50% accuracy 13 AP, 3 HE, 7 RPM. Poor optics. 25 points

M113 TOW: M113 armored personnel carrier with TOW ATGM mounted on the vehicle. The same can be found on US, South Korean, Norwegian and Danish decks. 25 points.

M901A3 ITV: Thailand purchase 18 M901A3 ITV in late 1990s. Use M113A3 chassis instead of M113A1's. TOW 2 mounted with 70% accuracy, 2625m range. No amphibious capability. 65 points

M151 RR: An M151 jeep armed with 106mm M40A2 recoilless rifle onboard. 12 AP, 1,750 meters. 30% accuracy. 10 points

M151 TOW: An M151 jeep armed with TOW ATGM. 20 points.

Humvee I-TOW: A Humvee armed with I-TOW ATGM, 8 missiles onboard, 20 AP, 60% accuracy, 2625m range. 35 points.

V-150 Commando: American Recon transport. Thailand purchased these vehicles in the hundreds and they still remain in service even to this day. The Thai version were armed with MG-3 machine gun. 30% accuracy, 20% stabilizer for the MG-3. 15 points.

Humvee: Thai variant of the famous M998 Humvee, armed with M60 machine gun instead of the M2 Browning or the Type-62 found on US and Japanese Humvee. 10 points.

M113 ACAV: The same as the American ACAV. 15 points.

M113A1: The same as American M113A1 and ROK KM113A1. 5 points.

M113A3: The same as American M113A3. 5 points.

Type-85 AFV: An upgraded version of Chinese Type-63(YW-531), being larger, with improved fuel autonomy and speed, with medium optics. Armed with M2 .50cal machine gun, its price got increased for the optics. 2 armor on top and side, 1 at the rear and on the top. Prototype only. 15 points.

LVT: An old WW2 vintage LVT, armed with 2 M2 Browning .50cal Machine gun and one M60. 35km/h off-road speed, 18km/h on amphibious. 5 points.

AAV-7A1: The same as American LVTP-7A1. Thailand receive its first in 1991. 15 points.

RSP-15t: An indigenous Thai APC developed by the ministry of defense, based on the Type-85 APC design. With reinforced armor and increased crew compartment. 3 frontal armor, 2 side and rear, 1 on top. Armed with .50cal M2 machine gun. Medium optics, 30km/h amphibious speed. Prototype only. 20 points.

Helicopter

UH-1H Gunship: an improvised variant of the Huey. With most of the equipment similar to the ANZAC Bushranger. 45 points.

Bell-412 Haopha-1: A Bell armed with two experimental Haopha-1 rocket. One rocket pod on each side of the Huey with 20 rockets in each pod totaling 40 rockets. 20% accuracy with 10% stabilizer. 25 points.

AH-1F Cobra: Thailand's only dedicated attack helicopters. 4 were purchased and enter service in the Royal Thai Army in 1990. 80 points.

UH-1H Huey: First delivered in 1968. The UH-1H Huey form the backbone of the RTA air arms. Similar to the American Huey, armed with M60. 15 points.

UH-60A Blackhawk: Thailand initially have plan to replace its Hueys in service with the RTA with 33 Black Hawks. But due to the Asian Economic Crisis of 1997 forced the army to reduce the numbers to only six. In this timeline, with the Cold War never ended and Asian Economic Crisis with 1997 never happened and all 33 Black Hawks are delivered. Armed with twin M134 Minigun. 25 points

Bell 412: Purchased during the 80s and 90s by the RTAF. Same in stats as the Norwegian Bell 412 but rearmed with M134 Minigun. 20 points.

Plane

AV-8S Matador RTN: Arrived to Thailand in 1995 along with the Aircraft carrier HTMS Chakri Naruebet. The plane were ex-Spanish navy plane. Armed with twin ADEN cannon and four AIM-9L Sidewinder. 20% ECM. 75 points.

AV-8B Harrier RTN: An alternate history. Initially the RTN intended to purchase AV-8B to replace the aging Matador but the Asian Economic Crisis struck and the procurement canceled. Armed with GAU-12 Equalizer, two AIM-9M Sidewinder and 4 GBU-12 Paveway PGM. 40% ECM. 130 points.

A-7E Corsair: American Corsair operated by the Royal Thai Navy for naval patrol, ground attack and naval attack mission. The ground attack variant's armed with twin Colt Mk.12 cannon and four BL-755 Cluster bomb. 30% ECM. 80 points.

A-37B Dragonfly: Thailand received 18 A-37B Dragonfly on the 70s with 2 more coming in the 80s, the plane's decommissioned by 1990, replaced by the F-16. Thai version come with 2 Mk.82 Snake Eye 227kg bomb and two Mk.77 Napalm bomb. 0% ECM. 75 points.

F-5A: Ground attack variant of the F-5A. Equipped with twin Pontiac M39A2 and loaded with two 500kg bombs. The load out was what the RTAF historically used during the Thai-Laotian Border war of 1987. 0% ECM. 70 points.

F-5B: The F-5B was armed with twin Pontiac M39A2 and four Mk.77 napalm. 10% ECM, 85 points.

F-5C: another ground attack variant of the F-5, armed with twin Pontiac M39A2, 2 Zuni rocket pods and two 227kg bomb. 10% ECM. 80 points.

F-5E Tiger II: Air superiority variant of the F-5. Twin Pontiac M39A2 and 4 AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles. 10% ECM. 60 points.

F-5F: equipped with GAU-13 30mm gun pod, a derivative of GAU-8 mounted on the infamous A-10 Thunderbolt, two Phyton-3 missile and two AGM-65E Mavericks. 30% ECM. The GAU-13 have 6 AP, 1 HE, 30% accuracy and stabilizer. 115 points.

F-5T Tigris: the most unlikely of the bunch, but seeing as it exceeds the cutoff date only by a year makes me want to put it in the list anyway, along with the fact that most of Thailand's F-16 fleet were unupgraded F-16A and F-16B with first F-16A ADF coming in 2003 so it's OOTF. Basically in 1998, Thailand sent some of its upgraded F-5F and some unupgraded F-5E Tiger II to Israel for further upgrade. The first upgraded model arrived in Thailand in 2000 and the Tigris only arrive in a significant number by 2003. But the armament that it packs were twin M39A2, two Derby BWR AA missile and four Phyton IV WVR AA missile for close range dogfight. It's got upgraded ECM and HUD. As I said unlikely but here's the stats, 30% ECM, Exceptional air detection, 300 turn radius. Prototype only. 115 points.

F-16A Peace Naresuan I: Thailand's first F-16 variant, delivered in 1988. Armed with M61 Vulcan and 6 AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles. 20% ECM. 90 points.

F-16A Peace Naresuan II: Ground attack variant of the F-16 armed with 4 Mk.82 500kg bomb and 2 AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles. 30% ECM. 135 points.

F-16B Peace Naresuan III: F-16 armed with M161A1 Minigun, 4 AGM-65D Mavericks, 2 AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles. 30% ECM. Prototype only, 140 points.

F/A-18C Peace Naresuan IV: Initially ordered in 1998. Codenamed the Peace Naresuan IV, the units were never delivered because Thailand failed to pay the money on time due to Asian Economic Crisis and the program was canceled in 2001. In this alternate timeline Asian Economic Crisis never happened and Thailand receive the plane by 1997. M61A1 Vulcan, 4 AIM-120A AMRAAM, 4 AIM-9M Sidewinder, 40% ECM. 155 points.

F-86L Sabre: Thai variant of the F-86 Sabre, 74 were purchased from the US. M2 Browning Machine gun, 2 227kg Mk.82 Snake Eye bombs. 0% ECM. 65 points.

phuri45
Corporal

Postby phuri45 » Sun 5 Feb 2017 12:59

FrangibleCover wrote:
phuri45 wrote:

Spoiler : Agreed on all points :
I'm excited to see the Westland Wessex kind of make an appearance!

I think I found out a solution for Thai line infantry AT.

In the 80s-90s. Thailand bought massive amount of Chinese Type-69 RPG to outright replace the M72 and Super Bazooka. Perhaps, the Type-69-I can be the standard AT weapons for Thai line infantry '95 variant. Also, I found the date M901A3 arrive in Thailand. 1997

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Sun 5 Feb 2017 13:17

phuri45 wrote:Jor Tor Tōr (จ.ต.ถ, a shortened version for Thai word "จรวดต่อสู้รถถัง" literally "ATGM"). A five men strong, regular trained squad armed with M16 and M47 Super Dragon ATGM. This will be clearly one of Thailand's main weakness as it lacks any significant ATGM infantry. 15 points. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.

Did Thailand operate, or even plan to operate, the Super Dragon?