The wishlist thread

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: The wishlist thread

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 00:58

another505 wrote:The hiring adventurers in inn where you can make your own character definitely is a HUGE thing for me

They're not really necessary unless you are playing at the highest difficulties, and only three classes aren't represented in the main game: rogue, monk and barbarian. The Fighter, Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Cipher, Chanter, and Paladin are all covered by NPCs.

Also be sure to note how the stats work. Might ties into the damage a character will deal, even with spells. A blaster mage will need a high might score.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 05:07

Xeno426 wrote:
another505 wrote:The hiring adventurers in inn where you can make your own character definitely is a HUGE thing for me

They're not really necessary unless you are playing at the highest difficulties, and only three classes aren't represented in the main game: rogue, monk and barbarian. The Fighter, Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Cipher, Chanter, and Paladin are all covered by NPCs.

Also be sure to note how the stats work. Might ties into the damage a character will deal, even with spells. A blaster mage will need a high might score.

Is just having the ability to create your own character for your journey is essential to an English Major. :D
Of Salt

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 05:46

another505 wrote:Is just having the ability to create your own character for your journey is essential to an English Major. :D

But then you miss out on the NPC companions, and they've got some great writing there. Edér has a great personal quest, or at least I thought so because it deals with the concept of accepting uncertainty. Grieving Mother has a bunch of heady conversations regarding the realness of dreams. Durance is weird and obsessed, but as you dig into his conversation tree you start to learn he was involved in something big that happened recently, and it's clearly left scars.

Also, the Cipher is awesome powerful and fun, especially when you combine it with the blunderbuss.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

another505

Postby another505 » Sat 11 Feb 2017 05:48

Xeno426 wrote:
another505 wrote:Is just having the ability to create your own character for your journey is essential to an English Major. :D

But then you miss out on the NPC companions, and they've got some great writing there. Edér has a great personal quest, or at least I thought so because it deals with the concept of accepting uncertainty. Grieving Mother has a bunch of heady conversations regarding the realness of dreams. Durance is weird and obsessed, but as you dig into his conversation tree you start to learn he was involved in something big that happened recently, and it's clearly left scars.

Also, the Cipher is awesome powerful and fun, especially when you combine it with the blunderbuss.

Well then , multiple playthroughs lol
Of Salt

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 19 May 2017 01:35

-Homeworld 3
-Sword of the Stars 3 done properly
-Star Ruler 3 done properly
-Star Citizen, at least a half of it
-Archimedean Dynasty 3
-Battlezone 3
-Steel Division: Indochina and SD: Korea
-Wargame 4 (you surprised?)
-Steel Panthers IV
-Pacific War 2
-Spaceward Ho! 2
-Space version of Steel Panthers with strategic campaign (they could merge with Galactic Civilizations, maybe :P )
-Wouldn't mind if they were MOO4 at the same time, done properly
-Actually they could just make Interceptor II (the FASA one *), forget the strategic campaign, and call it a day 8-)
-Warhead 2 **)
-Exciting Vega release before midsummer that lives up to the expectations
-Soft drinks with salmiakki and chili in them, flavours cherry and orange
-Mämmi with chili and salmiakki, while we're at it
-Silmarillion TV series

*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renegade_Legion

**)

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 19 May 2017 07:52

Guys I've got it an FPS sim version of the wargame campaigns made by bohemia interactive would be very nice

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Mon 10 Jul 2017 03:02

Vulcan 607 wrote:Guys I've got it an FPS sim version of the wargame campaigns made by bohemia interactive would be very nice

Well I honestly like the health system of Call of Duty, because you don't need to replay to get things done.

Oh, here comes Symphogear season 4!

But first I am watching Re: Creators, meta was never so good, what a delightful surprise, and good to know you can get unexpected cool things!

Altair is a 2hou!

Also, No Game, No Life Zero, but that's gonna be an ocean of tears :<

By the way, I decided to give Dawn of War 3 an opportunity after they released Annihilation mode, I am enjoying playing as the orks, it's like the only faction which truly fits well with the style and vibe of the game.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 10 Jul 2017 03:11

McNash wrote:Well I honestly like the health system of Call of Duty, because you don't need to replay to get things done.

You know that health packs were a thing, right? You used them to replenish your health. Maybe want to go play Half-Life again (or Black Mesa) as a reminder.
No need for CoD supermen regenerating health.

The original CoD had no extra health at all. On the hardest difficulty it meant you had to beat the mission and could only take a handful of hits (2-5 often). I beat that game three times on the hardest difficulty.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 10 Jul 2017 06:43

another505 wrote:Seems like POE wins me over

The hiring adventurers in inn where you can make your own character definitely is a HUGE thing for me

thanks xeno! going to watch some POE gameplay later

Divinity:OS has that too, although it's a bit later on in the game.

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon 10 Jul 2017 14:22

Xeno426 wrote:The original CoD had no extra health at all. On the hardest difficulty it meant you had to beat the mission and could only take a handful of hits (2-5 often). I beat that game three times on the hardest difficulty.

Both Finest Hour and Big Red One had health packs. Regeneration came in Call of Duty 3 I believe.
Courtesy of KattiValk