Hâyard Günnes LP

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Hâyard Günnes LP

Postby orcbuster » Thu 25 May 2017 04:36

So I recently came over this LP on something awful. Its a group LP using CMANO where we vote on theaters, aircraft purchases, and missions (we set up the plan while the GM sets up the mission and executes them). Lots of fun writing and surprisingly high effort gone into stuff that happens between missions.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32141 ... ions_WOTY/

Basically we're a merc company named Hired goons (Hâyard-Günnes). The rest is a long story of civil wars and corporate warfare and the free state of reddit and how we stole their planes. Right now we're either set to bomb ted nugents fishing fleet in the berings strait or go to the balkans for what will surely be clean and polite fun.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... genumber=1

Highly recommended to follow and perhaps join.
Viker for ingen!

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Hâyard Günnes LP

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 25 May 2017 06:18

Ah hell, you are a Goon? My little brother is a Goon...
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Thu 25 May 2017 06:19

Fade2Gray wrote:Ah hell, you are a Goon? My little brother is a Goon...

I became a goon due to this LP
Viker for ingen!

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Thu 25 May 2017 08:45

orcbuster wrote:So I recently came over this LP on something awful. Its a group LP using CMANO where we vote on theaters, aircraft purchases, and missions (we set up the plan while the GM sets up the mission and executes them). Lots of fun writing and surprisingly high effort gone into stuff that happens between missions.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32141 ... ions_WOTY/

Basically we're a merc company named Hired goons (Hâyard-Günnes). The rest is a long story of civil wars and corporate warfare and the free state of reddit and how we stole their planes. Right now we're either set to bomb ted nugents fishing fleet in the berings strait or go to the balkans for what will surely be clean and polite fun.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... genumber=1

Highly recommended to follow and perhaps join.

Have to have a look right now steadily playing northern fury so good

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 25 May 2017 21:16

orcbuster wrote:

Ah, alright. I was worried you were one of those who has been a Goon for ages like he is.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Thu 25 May 2017 21:19

Fade2Gray wrote:
orcbuster wrote:

Ah, alright. I was worried you were one of those who has been a Goon for ages like he is.

Also I wouldn't call myself a goon as much as I would call myself a fan of this LP.
Viker for ingen!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 26 May 2017 01:08

This is really good stuff. Being unable to change mission orders on the fly is absolutely killer for them though, I'm just starting the first one with the S-300 and from the moment it popped up I knew their plan wouldn't work. They should have another half hour of cruise time to replan but I think they're just going to lemming into it as though it's not there instead.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 26 May 2017 05:12

FrangibleCover wrote:This is really good stuff. Being unable to change mission orders on the fly is absolutely killer for them though, I'm just starting the first one with the S-300 and from the moment it popped up I knew their plan wouldn't work. They should have another half hour of cruise time to replan but I think they're just going to lemming into it as though it's not there instead.

It's not lemmings style. Yooper (DM) does control the planes to a certain degree. He just executes it as we've instructed. And we usually provide ROEs.
Viker for ingen!

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Mon 29 May 2017 17:41

Don't forget the somewhat slower-to-update ground ops efforts of small-unit operations. Currently there's only been one mission, but it was a fun one!

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Wed 14 Jun 2017 11:36

Wrote 2 PMCs for the LP

Spoiler : :
Ferrari Aeronautica

At the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix Kimi Räikkönen had a revelation. He was on his 10th lap right after the chicane when both his aerofoils miraculously became loose. No one is sure how it happened but the result was that his car was now providing upforce instead of downforce and he spectacularly took off, swerved off to the left into the bay and hit a yatch belonging to none other than Ringo Starr, failing to decapitate him by half a meter. Kimi being Kimi walked out without a scratch but many noticed that he seemed to be in deep thought.

A week later there were media reports of drunken screams in Finnish coming from the residence of Ferrari CEO Sergio Marchionne. Most of it was unintelligible but one recording clearly showed that the word "suihkukoneet!" was yelled several times with the same spirit of sisu that had terrified the soviets 70 years ago. This being Finnish, no one bothered to check what that actually meant. In any case the result was that one month later, Ferrari announced that it was establishing it's first PMC consisting of one man and his red ex-italian F-104S.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p155 ... _00207.jpg

In any other universe, this might have been the end of our story and Kimi and his Lawndart would go on doing nothing more spectacular than strafing the residence of Ringo Starr (Reason for this is unknown but many rumors suggest that Kimi instinctively didn't want to leave a job unfinished). In our time however it would seem like he was being prescient, for now Ferrari had the framework ahead of everyone else to build the worlds first motorsport branded PMC. By 2020 Kimi had 17 new friends in equally red F-104s to race against and couldn't be happier. Well thats a lie. During the Russian civil war, Ferrari got their first taste of blood flying air superiority. It's unknown in which side they participated but everyone saw the helmetcam footage from Kimis cockpit as he did the unthinkable and outturned an SU-35, firmly planting a sidewinder in it's rear while screaming "TULTA MUNILLE!" at the top of his lungs. Ferraris reputation was cemented and has been growing ever since.

Spoiler : :
The Grand Soar

Started originally as a one off sideproject to The Grand Tour 2020 season, The Grand Soar eventually developed into something that got WAY out of the producers hands.

The premise was simple. May, Hammond and Clarkson with fighter jets. No-brainer really. It was classic stuff. Hammond in a Spiffing Eurofighter Typhoon tranche 3, May in a Sensible Statesman CC.2 and Clarkson in an insanely expensive refurbished English Electric Lightning proving that they don't make them like they used to (and thank god for that). Also featured in every episode was a professional pilot with combat experience that would take the planes through their turns.

It was an instant hit. An INSANE hit as a matter of fact. The episode got viewer numbers 3 times that of Top Gear in it's prime, making it the most viewed piece of television media in human history. The end result was obvious in hindsight. The Grand Soar became the trios primary project, showcasing over 30 jets per series in a recognizable pattern. Hammond would showcase new fancy top of the line gear, May would do boring sensible support stuff and Clarkson would putter about in more oddities (preferably British but not neccesarly) than one would think possible. Money was now rolling in at an incomprehensible rate so all planes were kept functional, piloted (and armed) by a dedicated professional crew on tours.

The future looked bright until 2022, when Clarkson, during a recording session in Chile flying a YF-12, managed to shoot down a FAA A-4AR during the first AIM-47 Falcon live fire in over 50 years. Some claim it was a deliberate retaliation for them being chased out of the country during the Patagonia holiday Top Gear special but that really doesn't matter. The Argentines decided to retaliate but The TGS crew proved themselves more than a match for the 6 A-4s sent to bomb their airfield. The episode aired despite massive protests and proved itself the most watched episode yet. The next step was logical. At a press conference the trio suddenly announced that their crew would be renting out their planes and combat services for free, providing they be allowed to film the result and the host provide a base and airfield. The reception was astronomic and the producers blinded by money. The rest is, as they say, history. Backed by a diehard fanbase of half a billion people and armed with aircraft most PMCs can only dream of, Jezza is about to put his ethos to the test.

How hard could it be?
Viker for ingen!