European Escalation still the best title in the series

User avatar
MenDuck
Major
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sat 6 Sep 2014 23:03
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MenDuck » Wed 4 Mar 2015 18:17

MDKrinkles wrote:
Crotou wrote:EE had the prettiest explosions actually.


The B5 and Su7BKL disagree.

Spreading fires disagree with you. It was one of the most fun things to watch in EE.

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MDKrinkles » Wed 4 Mar 2015 19:23

MenDuck wrote:
MDKrinkles wrote:
Crotou wrote:EE had the prettiest explosions actually.


The B5 and Su7BKL disagree.

Spreading fires disagree with you. It was one of the most fun things to watch in EE.


I haven't had a chance to use any sort of fire in EE. The unlock system forces me to prioritize units that I can use in the campaign over units that I would like to use for fun.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

User avatar
MenDuck
Major
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sat 6 Sep 2014 23:03
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MenDuck » Wed 4 Mar 2015 19:41

MDKrinkles wrote:
MenDuck wrote:
MDKrinkles wrote:The B5 and Su7BKL disagree.

Spreading fires disagree with you. It was one of the most fun things to watch in EE.

I haven't had a chance to use any sort of fire in EE. The unlock system forces me to prioritize units that I can use in the campaign over units that I would like to use for fun.

Like artillery and tanks, which you get at start? You don't need flame tanks to start fires in EE.

User avatar
KattiValk
General
Posts: 6175
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2013 03:39
Location: Houston, Texas (CST)
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby KattiValk » Wed 4 Mar 2015 19:55

Crotou wrote:EE had the prettiest explosions actually.
EE had more effects than ALB and RD. Smoking wrecks (and actual dedicated wreck models...) for instance.

MenDuck wrote:Spreading fires disagree with you. It was one of the most fun things to watch in EE.
Plus, the units didn't constantly bug you about being on fire. The whole "we're under fire/burning to death for giggles!" nonsense is ridiculous in RD.

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MDKrinkles » Thu 5 Mar 2015 01:18

MenDuck wrote:Like artillery and tanks, which you get at start? You don't need flame tanks to start fires in EE.


Oh, what do you mean by fires, do you mean units can catch fire from taking too much damage and then that fire can spread. If so, I have some plans to set in motion.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

User avatar
MenDuck
Major
Posts: 1880
Joined: Sat 6 Sep 2014 23:03
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MenDuck » Thu 5 Mar 2015 12:59

MDKrinkles wrote:
MenDuck wrote:Like artillery and tanks, which you get at start? You don't need flame tanks to start fires in EE.


Oh, what do you mean by fires, do you mean units can catch fire from taking too much damage and then that fire can spread. If so, I have some plans to set in motion.

No. I was thinking about EE's wildfires which can spread and burn the entire forests, fields, etc.

However, "burning units after taking damage" stuff in EE was cool too :D

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MDKrinkles » Thu 5 Mar 2015 15:28

MenDuck wrote:
MDKrinkles wrote:
MenDuck wrote:Like artillery and tanks, which you get at start? You don't need flame tanks to start fires in EE.


Oh, what do you mean by fires, do you mean units can catch fire from taking too much damage and then that fire can spread. If so, I have some plans to set in motion.

No. I was thinking about EE's wildfires which can spread and burn the entire forests, fields, etc.

However, "burning units after taking damage" stuff in EE was cool too :D


Why were so many of these features removed.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

User avatar
KattiValk
General
Posts: 6175
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2013 03:39
Location: Houston, Texas (CST)
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby KattiValk » Thu 5 Mar 2015 19:25

MDKrinkles wrote:Why were so many of these features removed.
Eugen must account for some people running Wargame on toasters.

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 2 Dec 2014 21:33
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby MDKrinkles » Thu 5 Mar 2015 19:29

kiheerSEDMAN wrote:
MDKrinkles wrote:Why were so many of these features removed.
Eugen must account for some people running Wargame on toasters.


Ugh, true. There has to be a minimum acceptable graphics setting. With all of these features adding more textures and animations, it forces people who are using potatoes to lower the settings to an unacceptable amount. But still, the Su7BKL would become the ultimate weapon of destruction if fires still spread.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

dixieflyer
Private
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu 5 Mar 2015 21:47
Contact:

Re: European Escalation still the best title in the series

Postby dixieflyer » Thu 5 Mar 2015 21:53

Hey folks,
I just got here, sorry to be so late to the EE party. My son introduced me to this game last week, and since that time, I've had a blast with it. I bought it on sale on Steam, and purchased ALB and Rd while there, but wish I'd just bought EE because I can see being immersed in it for quite some time.

I've only gotten through the first single-player campaign, and have been trying to figure out the mechanics, etc. of the game. It's of great interest to me having grown up a baby-boomer and a mechanized infantryman and armor crewman in the ARNG. Trained long and hard for a fight I thank God we never had to fight, but I'll always wonder, what if . . . . . . .

Anyway, glad there are still some here dedicated to the game. I hope to learn a great deal from the postings on the forum.

Warren

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests