Modding tools

nats
Private First-Class

Re: Modding tools

Postby nats » Mon 15 Jul 2013 12:26

I am looking in here because there is nothing about mods up on the W:AB board. Eagerly awaiting some mod scenarios with objectives and limited reinforcements - I bit concerned that nothing seems to have been produced for the first game yet! Hope I am not going to be stuck with a clickfest game that I cant play (I hate playing games against the spamming AI).

I love this game and loved the Airland tutorials - they are exactly the kind of game I want to play more of. So sad that there are only a few of them! Need more!
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 15 Jul 2013 12:30

Well, iirc, newest information on this topic:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:We've said earlier for EE that we considered releasing modding tools. We haven't changed our mind.

As we've stated before, Wargame European Escalation's success exceeded our expectations.
More money than expected if you will.

So what to do with that extra-money? We had to decide between:
- invest in modding tools, useful to some <5% of the community, then move completely on ALB and leave modders create "hovering T-80 meta" or "über-Abrams with square-10 armor". With the risk, everyone doing its own little nationalist fantasy, to split a nascent community.
- give the best follow-up we could in terms of patchs and free contents, which would affect 100% of the players.

Between granting tools to an "elite" with no assurance that it wouldn't split/destroy a fragile community and working for everyone, we've invested in a now one-year follow-up.
You may criticize that choice, but calling us overtly greedy would be, at best, excessive.

Now, we can't tell neither "we will release modd tools" nor "we won't release modd tools", for it is still something we're considering but is not a priority: we think that free contents have more value, for affecting more people, than modd tools.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

evanov
Private First-Class

Postby evanov » Thu 22 Aug 2013 15:49

is there a map builder for this game ?
How can i download patches for this game ?

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Thu 22 Aug 2013 16:23

No, there is no map builder. You can't download patches as steam automatically keeps you up-to-date. If you want to play in a previous version, go here: How to undo patches
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

evanov
Private First-Class

Postby evanov » Thu 22 Aug 2013 20:47

i wish will be some modding tools ( map builder . Mission builder . Map editor )

fossilrecords
Private

Postby fossilrecords » Mon 13 Oct 2014 05:24

At least being able to alter a configuration file so that a point multiplier is available or a vehicle stats modification (for skirmish and/or single player - not multiplayer). Right now the enemy drives and gases up (with no supplies) on the move - interesting, but not realistic...

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 24 Nov 2014 05:28

There are plenty of mods for W:RD right now, even a modding section of the forums?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

ivd34
Private First-Class

Postby ivd34 » Sun 21 Jun 2015 15:32

I have a question:

I have easily been able to tweak and change around units, on WG ALB and WG RD but for some reason with WG EE following the exact same logic (regarding how to locate the file to edit) yields no( in game results)

I locate the the file, and i have noted its not called an NDR file is this why?

anyway if you know how to tweak WG EE i would love to know how you found the right (everything file) thanks.
side note :
I simply enjoy creating all sort of new scenarios on WG.
Recently I bought the ONLY NAVY water world map to life on WG RD by allowing the AI to field 200 f-14 tomcats, which it did all at once ! This exposed that indeed the AI does not have to be restricted to 9 air craft at a time!
LOL
The battle between 100 udaloy II and 100 kongos with all that going on was spectacular
I then had to use an AI assistant deck on my team purely made up of SU-27ks but of course they were only using short range air to air. So what they took in ships they lost to the F-14s
its the little things silly things like this I enjoy in life.

As I grasp more and more I think I could make a credible game play tweak, and to echo the calls from others!
a way to make maps would be wonderful I miss the ALB and EE style open maps dearly