[Now in Red Dragon] FINLAND

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: [Now in Red Dragon] FINLAND

Postby Sleksa » Thu 12 Jan 2017 13:39

Pantheon wrote:Is there a reason for Kaartinjääkäris to use RPD? Why not the blessed KvKk 62?

And isn't the Finnish Marksman supposed to have more ammo? I recall that one of the things FDF didn't like was the low ammo count for Marksman for such a high ROF platform.

It was originally intended that the kaarti would be a "cat C" version with Suomi, base law and the rpd (kvkk 54) in order to diversify the infantry weapon options instead of giving rk62+kvkk to everyone. However, due to getting the newer law (a4) their more accurate loadout would be a combination of a rk62/76 TP (same as panssarijaakari) and PKM

Personally my biggest gripe with the unit is not with the weapons but the pricetag as the unit would imo be much more viable by dropping the amount of carried law ammo to 3 and the price to 20.

Sigirdiwarth
Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Thu 12 Jan 2017 13:42

Sleksa wrote:Personally my biggest gripe with the unit is not with the weapons but the pricetag as the unit would imo be much more viable by dropping the amount of carried law ammo to 3 and the price to 20.

To be fair every 15 strength infantry squad could use a 5pts drop in price.

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Thu 12 Jan 2017 14:11

Sigirdiwarth wrote:
Sleksa wrote:Personally my biggest gripe with the unit is not with the weapons but the pricetag as the unit would imo be much more viable by dropping the amount of carried law ammo to 3 and the price to 20.

To be fair every 15 strength infantry squad could use a 5pts drop in price.

Pretty much

pebakesa
Sergeant

Postby pebakesa » Thu 12 Jan 2017 15:38

Sleksa wrote:It was originally intended that the kaarti would be a "cat C" version with Suomi, base law and the rpd (kvkk 54) in order to diversify the infantry weapon options instead of giving rk62+kvkk to everyone. However, due to getting the newer law (a4) their more accurate loadout would be a combination of a rk62/76 TP (same as panssarijaakari) and PKM

Personally my biggest gripe with the unit is not with the weapons but the pricetag as the unit would imo be much more viable by dropping the amount of carried law ammo to 3 and the price to 20.

A proper '85 loadout for Kjääk would be very underwhelming, any deck would be hard pressed to pick them over Psjääk '90. Dropping the extraneous LAWs to warrant a price decrease, on the other hand, would make the unit a solid pick as a cost-effective dedicated anti-infantry squad. As they are now, I'll take three Jääk '90 in KTs rather than two Kjääk's in KRKKs.

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Thu 12 Jan 2017 16:18

It's a shame Kaartinjääkäri isn't blessed with a better MG. As they are now, with their elite fire rate in the SMG, they have almost exactly the same DPS as Panssarijääkäri do. Which isn't too bad, you pay five points more for five more HP. But the Panssarijääkäri '90 for the same price with the Apilas is just far too obvious, the KRKK isn't that good.
If they had a better MG, that'd put them at a solid spot with better anti-infantry capabilities. KVKK would probably be a bit overkill but Valmet M78 perhaps?

Though this doesn't mean that it's a bad unit now, on the contrary, it's pretty decent but it's problem is that it's found in the Finnish deck, where pretty much everything is blessed with the KVKK and thus, the Kaartinjääkäri never gets to see the sun. Personally, after trying to make them fit, I've given up and just rolled another card of Jääkäri '90 in the KT.
The psychotic Finnish wood-elf

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 12 Jan 2017 16:20

JoonasTo wrote:with their elite fire rate in the SMG

Wait when did this happen? Why do they have a fast fire rate on their SMGs than all other shock squads?
What is their actual DPS (burst length etc.) compared to shock and elite SMGs? AFAIK no other unit has exactly 400 rpm.

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Thu 12 Jan 2017 17:05

Razzmann wrote:

Wait when did this happen? Why do they have a fast fire rate on their SMGs than all other shock squads?
What is their actual DPS (burst length etc.) compared to shock and elite SMGs? AFAIK no other unit has exactly 400 rpm.

There are some leftovers and flavor weapons (like Padobranci '90 carbine=leftover or the Deutschland über alles G11=flavor).
亲们!大国梦哦! viewtopic.php?p=964119#p964119 小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 12 Jan 2017 17:49

keldon wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

There are some leftovers and flavor weapons (like Padobranci '90 carbine=leftover or the Deutschland über alles G11=flavor).

Yeah, but I don't recall them having that fire rate before that patch... not to mention that I don't remember any SMG having these stats before, which means that they must have gotten some special stats on purpose.

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Thu 12 Jan 2017 18:01

Razzmann wrote:Yeah, but I don't recall them having that fire rate before that patch... not to mention that I don't remember any SMG having these stats before, which means that they must have gotten some special stats on purpose.

Yes, it's new. Got in as a flavor weapon with the whole carbine and small arms rework.
亲们!大国梦哦! viewtopic.php?p=964119#p964119 小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 12 Jan 2017 18:01

keldon wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Yeah, but I don't recall them having that fire rate before that patch... not to mention that I don't remember any SMG having these stats before, which means that they must have gotten some special stats on purpose.

Yes, it's new. Got in as a flavor weapon with the whole carbine and small arms rework.

But for what reason....