Wargame franchise

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Re: Wargame franchise

Postby Comrade_Bane » Sat 4 Feb 2017 05:16

I want a Total 1989 Europe Wargame, pivoted towards realism.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sat 4 Feb 2017 05:28

Comrade_Bane wrote:I want a Total 1989 Europe Wargame, pivoted towards realism.

ho boi

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Postby antizombies_boy » Sat 4 Feb 2017 18:03

Guys, I know thats not the correct thread but I only want to ask your opinion:

-What do you think about an aircraft which carries ATGM and SEAD missiles at the same time? It's a never seen configuration, like could be SEAD and bomber or SEAD and laser guided bomber.

I'm asking this because, like you know, I'm preparing the "MED-FOR definitive and complete proposal" (probably in 2 weeks will be posted) and I want a SEAD aircraft from Spain. Currently the Mirage III-E has this role (only SEAD not ATGM), but with the time I understood it was a unicorn, but the F/A-18A AA-AR can supply this role, and has the capability to create a deep ground attack aircraft.

What's is F/A-18A AA-AR: F/A-18A is the name of the spanish F-18A bought directly from the USAF and not built directly for Spain (called EF-18A). AA-AR means Avion de Ataque y AntiRadiacion (Attack and Anti-Radiation Aircraft), and should the name of ATGM-SEAD role, (AA= Attack Aircraft/Mavericks)(AR=Anti Radiation/HARM). I'm sorry about I only found a source wrote in Spanish, but google translator could help you a bit:

http://hemeroteca.abc.es/nav/Navigate.exe/hemeroteca/madrid/abc/1987/11/17/026.html

This source is the final evidence of the SEAD capability from Spain. On this newspaper you also can read the date (1988) for the 1st AGM-88 HARM purchase with 90 missiles.
On the aircraft picture you can see some avaibles configurations for the EF-18A and F/A-18A in 1988.
*The guided bomb in the picture without name is the Ariane 4, you can read about it here: http://imgur.com/qdIuh5P
The configuration should be something like 2 x HARM / 4 x MAVERICKS / 1 x GATLING 20MM, but it's only an idea, but could be changed for only SEAD, SEAD-BOMBER or SEAD-GUIDED BOMBS BOMBER. Should be between 20% and 30% ECM, so it hasn't a really good survivability vs ASF/Multiroles, NON Radar AA platforms and MANPADS.

I'm not mad, I'm only asking if this aircraft configuration could be added to the game or it's preferable only the SEAD role.

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Sat 4 Feb 2017 20:40

antizombies_boy wrote:Guys, I know thats not the correct thread but I only want to ask your opinion:

-What do you think about an aircraft which carries ATGM and SEAD missiles at the same time? It's a never seen configuration, like could be SEAD and bomber or SEAD and laser guided bomber.

I'm asking this because, like you know, I'm preparing the "MED-FOR definitive and complete proposal" (probably in 2 weeks will be posted) and I want a SEAD aircraft from Spain. Currently the Mirage III-E has this role (only SEAD not ATGM), but with the time I understood it was a unicorn, but the F/A-18A AA-AR can supply this role, and has the capability to create a deep ground attack aircraft.

What's is F/A-18A AA-AR: F/A-18A is the name of the spanish F-18A bought directly from the USAF and not built directly for Spain (called EF-18A). AA-AR means Avion de Ataque y AntiRadiacion (Attack and Anti-Radiation Aircraft), and should the name of ATGM-SEAD role, (AA= Attack Aircraft/Mavericks)(AR=Anti Radiation/HARM). I'm sorry about I only found a source wrote in Spanish, but google translator could help you a bit:

http://hemeroteca.abc.es/nav/Navigate.exe/hemeroteca/madrid/abc/1987/11/17/026.html

This source is the final evidence of the SEAD capability from Spain. On this newspaper you also can read the date (1988) for the 1st AGM-88 HARM purchase with 90 missiles.
On the aircraft picture you can see some avaibles configurations for the EF-18A and F/A-18A in 1988.
*The guided bomb in the picture without name is the Ariane 4, you can read about it here: http://imgur.com/qdIuh5P
The configuration should be something like 2 x HARM / 4 x MAVERICKS / 1 x GATLING 20MM, but it's only an idea, but could be changed for only SEAD, SEAD-BOMBER or SEAD-GUIDED BOMBS BOMBER. Should be between 20% and 30% ECM, so it hasn't a really good survivability vs ASF/Multiroles, NON Radar AA platforms and MANPADS.

I'm not mad, I'm only asking if this aircraft configuration could be added to the game or it's preferable only the SEAD role.

why not make your own thread specific to said question?

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Postby antizombies_boy » Sat 4 Feb 2017 20:45

antizombies_boy wrote:Guys, I know thats not the correct thread but I only want to ask your opinion:

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Sat 4 Feb 2017 20:52

antizombies_boy wrote:...

As in create your own specific topic on this...

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Postby antizombies_boy » Sat 4 Feb 2017 21:04

Comrade_Bane wrote:
antizombies_boy wrote:...

As in create your own specific topic on this...

Sorry I reposted :S Now it has a specefic thread. Sorry :

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Sat 4 Feb 2017 23:05

orcbuster wrote:You could do A Korean War Scenario and different versions of it. Such as "North/South Korea wins/looses this important battle", "McArthur gets his way and USA drops atomic bombs on the Chinese Mainland", "The Soviets get directly involved in Korea", "Chinese never enter the war directly", "Soviet Blockades Korean Peninsula cutting off UN Forces in Korea", and the obvious "Korean War doesn't end in 1953, (in order to justify prototypes and out of date jets).

Plus, the WWII buffs get to play with the leftovers from WWII. And The early cold war buffs get their skys of Mig-15's and Sabres! And also, no M270s, Burratinos, Smerches, or Uragans! EVERYBODY WINS!

I was meh until I read the last sentence, now you have my unwavering support, I will follow you into com at sir.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.