Wargame franchise

CornProducts
Colonel

Re: Wargame franchise

Postby CornProducts » Wed 9 Mar 2016 22:31

SKY NET wrote:seriously though, if all we had was the armory, would nations like isreal and taiwan really be as controversial? ppl already argue about nationality and ideology and religion, are we responsible enough to handle the "what ifs" or do we let the hate and fear win? No offense Eugen, and I respect whatever route you guys take with WarGame. Best game ever imo. MOAR plz.

I don't know where you are from, but in a lot of places around the world people feel very strongly about certain countries and groups of people (to put it lightly). I know that here in America, its simple. There's TheGreatestCountryOnThePlanetGodBlessAmerica, Canada, and everyone else. But elsewhere, its not so simple.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Wed 9 Mar 2016 22:43

morpher wrote:I don't get it. What is the point of more nations? In the end they could only add just a bunch of unique units that have marginal stats difference from what we have now.

And above all what is the point of adding middle east countries? Do you want some kind of inter-religion war rpg?

Well you get different environments, tactics and units in particular Israel adds lots of units.
I also love games with Israel in strike fighters 2 Israel, Janes IAF command ect.

Anyway if I wanted a religious conflict I would go for Northern Ireland it's closer to home and I can drink
Last edited by orcbuster on Wed 9 Mar 2016 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Wed 9 Mar 2016 22:46

Vulcan 607 wrote:in particular Israel adds lots of units.

Can you tell me one unit that could bring some unique gameplay, not just a tank with slightly different stats, that is not available with the nations currently in wargame?

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 9 Mar 2016 22:48

Ground base SEAD is the one that is most interesting, I'm sure there are others though
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Wed 9 Mar 2016 22:57

Bullfrog wrote:Ground base SEAD is the one that is most interesting, I'm sure there are others though

Seems...fun...like a ka-52 but with double the frustration.

I can't wait for such an entertaining new mechanic.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Wed 9 Mar 2016 23:08

morpher wrote:

Can you tell me one unit that could bring some unique gameplay, not just a tank with slightly different stats, that is not available with the nations currently in wargame?

Makreva tank infantry carrier
Makreva tank with mortar
Lots of jets with unique features

Anyway I want a decent 1v4 campaign Israel vs Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq

Anyway with that attitude what's the point of another wargame it will just be slightly different from the last one

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 9 Mar 2016 23:21

Vulcan 607 wrote:
morpher wrote:

Makreva tank infantry carrier
Makreva tank with mortar
Lots of jets with unique features

Anyway I want a decent 1v4 campaign Israel vs Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Iraq

Anyway with that attitude what's the point of another wargame it will just be slightly different from the last one

Just to add something: A tank on BLUFOR side that (theoretically) has the ability to use a high-end ATGM (LAHAT).
Courtesy to a discussion of the upcoming DLC for SD44. Sufficient to say, one of my
mates is very happy about the new Allied divisions. I totally don't get why... :roll:

Spoiler : :

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Wed 9 Mar 2016 23:24

morpher wrote:

Ratel (and variants), Rooikat (and variants), ZT-3 Ingwe (only Bluefor SALH vehicle ATGM) , Folland Gnat, Canberra, Buccaneer, Vickers MBT Series, Olifant, innumerable SF...

Oh wait IDF...... F-16 Ra'am.... More F-16 and A-4...Lavi.....M48 Tamuz/M113 Hafiz... M48/60 Magach because sexy. Bluefor 105 armed T-55/62 Tiran. Merkava, great AAMS and ATG Munitions.....Nagmashot/Nagmachon/Nakpadon/Puma/Achzarit Uber heavy APCs...all the SF and shock inf you ever wanted.....weird stuff like Denel howitzers...
http://www.janes.com/article/53506/anal ... e-launcher

Israel brings great infantry and tons of other cool flavorful stuff but when it comes to Tamuz.... We're talking about bringing NLOS to the table in the 1980s (IOC in 1982)......at a time when the Pentagon was only fantasizing about EFOGM.... Think 20km range ATGM
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/efogm/

aaaand..... Of course there's BTR's with BMP-turrets, T-55 turrets and ZSU-57-2 turrets.... The glory of Cuban Motorized!

CubKor Motorized Ftw.
Last edited by hansbroger on Wed 9 Mar 2016 23:37, edited 4 times in total.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 9 Mar 2016 23:27

Markenzwieback wrote:Just to add something: A tank on BLUFOR side that (theoretically) has the ability to use a high-end ATGM (LAHAT).

The Leo 2 can already do that (theoretically) :P

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 9 Mar 2016 23:29

The Iran-Iraq war would be an interesting conflict for Wargame to do. I don't think it would have the same issues that many other conflicts in that region would have.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.