Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

fuser
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby fuser » Mon 26 Jun 2017 10:32

FrangibleCover wrote:With an early 90s setting, sure, even if I am another European setting advocate. I do however have worries about the viability of some nations. So far as I've found (and you can see the link to my research in my sig) Pakistan isn't really viable. I was going to launch a bit of an investigation into India when I had a bit of time but if you want to do the legwork that'd be great. There are a few old threads on India that you can dig up, you can do your own research and I and some others will happily pitch in with suggestions.

India is a natural REDFOR member, more so than half the people we're putting in REDFOR these days. The US was for Pakistan, India was against it. Easy peasy. We even have the Indian-Chinese conflicts in the Himalayas, although games where your vehicles can't drive onto the map and your helicopters can't hover are going to suck to play :lol:. I don't think there's a real perception that BLUFOR is universally the 'good guys', expanded out the BLUFOR list would include the South American Juntas and South Africa, all of whom make Pakistan look pretty cuddly.

Yeah India is indeed more geared towards mountain warfare given Kashmir and most of her border with China but that kind of conflict is kinda hard to model.

But after reading your post I did some research of my own and will be happy to provide some info for India in roughly current setting but going back to 90s.

Btw a Command squad will be called "Command Dasta" in both India and Pakistan afaik.

Logistics :
Spoiler : :
Trucks :
Ashok Leyland Stallion Mk III/Mk IV
Swaraj Mazda
Command Squad : As in Command Dasta could be in many LUV, IFV and tanks or Helis

Infantry :

1. Corps of Army Air Defence (AAD) : a specialized force for anti-air role weapons including SA-18 Grouse, FIM-92 Stinger etc
2. Garud Commando Force : They are under airforce and are supposed to perform action behind enemy lines, so like a commando troop coming in a heli
3. Brigade of the Guards : Closest to a dedicated anti-tank unit, weapons include, Spike missile, Nag, MIlan, Milan2T, 9M133 Kornet etc
4. CRPF : Central Reserve Police force : They could be very cheap militia like unit
5. Rashtriya Rifles : Probably the backbone of INF in this setting.
6. Gurkhas : They are already in the game but they come with India too.
7. MARCOS : Marine Commando Force, they probably would come in Navy section I think but their role is quite evident by their name.
8. Other Infantry option could be Mechanised Infantry Regiment and they all come with BMP-1, Sikh Regiment, Maratha Light Infantry, The Grenadiers etc,

Now Vehicles for Infantry : As mentioned we start with :
1. BMP-1, BMP-2 "Sarath", Abhay IFV, BTR-50, Casspir, then there are Light Utility Vehicles like Tata Safari Storme 4x4, Isuzu F-Series etc

Weapons : ATGM and AA is basically done, so let's look at more common inf weapons :
Generally for special forces : Franchi SPAS-15 , Micro-Uzi, Heckler & Koch MP5, IMI Tavor TAR-21 General purpose : AKM, AK-103, MG 2A1, MG 6A, Dragunov SVD, PKM, NSV etc

Recon :

1. Ladakh Scouts : General cheap scout unit
2. Ghatak Force : A platoon that every Indian Infantry Battalion has. According to wiki, Their operational role is similar to Scout Sniper Platoon, STA platoon of the USMC and the Patrols platoon of the British Army. So an elite recon unit.
3. PRP-3, A special vehicle tasked with finding enemy artillery position.
3. I think various tanks, vehicles, helis can be used for recon

Support :

Artillery : Haubits FH77/B, M-46, Indian Field Gun MK 1/2/3, FV433 Abbot SPG, 2S1 Gvozdika, BM-21.
Anti Air : Kub (SA-6 Gainful), S-125 Neva/Pechora, 9K33 Osa (SA-8 Gecko), 9K35 Strela-10 (SA-13 Gopher), 9K22 Tunguska[, ZSU-23-2

Tank :

1. Arjun MBT 2. T-90S "Bhishma" 3. T-90M(50mt/840hp) 4. T-72 Ajeya(41Mt/780hp) 5. Combat Improved Ajeya

Vehicles :

NAMICA, Topas-2-A, Windy 505

Heli :

1. HAL Rudra 2. HAL Dhruv 3. HAL Cheetah, Cheetal & Lancer

Air :

1. Sukhoi Su-30MKI 2. Mikoyan MiG-29 3. Dassault Mirage 2000 4. Mikoyan MiG-27ML Bahadur 5. Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 6. SEPECAT Jaguar

I hope its enough for now, sorry for any mistakes and any suggestion feed back is welcome. btw I think I can do Pakistan too and even though I can see your point I still think that Pakistan can be made viable.

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Sun 9 Jul 2017 02:39

Any take-aways or lessons from Steel Division that could be Incorporated into a 4th Wargame??? I haven't really gotten into that game yet?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 9 Jul 2017 13:32

Comrade_Bane wrote:Any take-aways or lessons from Steel Division that could be Incorporated into a 4th Wargame??? I haven't really gotten into that game yet?

IMO:
Take LoS tool, being able to command units im deployment and the "press shift to see unit path" thingy from SD.

Everything else from WG. Yes, even sectors.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 9 Jul 2017 13:46

Razzmann wrote:
Comrade_Bane wrote:Any take-aways or lessons from Steel Division that could be Incorporated into a 4th Wargame??? I haven't really gotten into that game yet?

IMO:
Take LoS tool, being able to command units im deployment and the "press shift to see unit path" thingy from SD.

Everything else from WG. Yes, even sectors.

Don't forget the hold-fire until engaged button. Most used feature right after LoS tool for me.
Try another signature of that kind and you'll get banned.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 9 Jul 2017 17:58

lesson from other game developers:
no more experiments (e.g. modern day Wargame)
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 9 Jul 2017 18:28

nuke92 wrote:lesson from other game developers:

How many more decal DLCs could they sell before they have to move the line to our current time? And before you point at Act of Aggression, no, that wasn't really contemporary warfare in the line of what we have seen in Wargame.

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Sun 9 Jul 2017 22:39

McNash wrote:
nuke92 wrote:lesson from other game developers:

How many more decal DLCs could they sell before they have to move the line to our current time? And before you point at Act of Aggression, no, that wasn't really contemporary warfare in the line of what we have seen in Wargame.

Act of Aggression was... awful... just plain awful. It was a near incomprehensible move by Eugen, to spit their loyal fanbase and try to sell (and to a degree force) them to play a game that was not in the fanbases interest or even gaming style. Essentially Eugen made thousands of ppl clamoring for more mil-sim RTS to play Starcraft or Command and Conquer with 15 year olds.

If eugen was smart... they would stick to what they do best (highly researched cold war games) and cease with these silly forays to appease near random customer bases.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Thu 13 Jul 2017 23:56

In a perfect world Eugen Systems and Massive Entertainment would team up to develop the best RTS in recorded history. Call it Wargame: World in Conflict 2 and watch it sell bigly.

the future of WG and WIC has been written 8-)
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Tue 18 Jul 2017 05:43

nuke92 wrote:In a perfect world Eugen Systems and Massive Entertainment would team up to develop the best RTS in recorded history. Call it Wargame: World in Conflict 2 and watch it sell bigly.

the future of WG and WIC has been written 8-)

I would rather give Eugen a larger budget and more time to develop Wargame: Modern Warfare.

GIVE US WARGAME 4 NOW!
Last edited by McNash on Fri 21 Jul 2017 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

Inzunza
Private First-Class

Postby Inzunza » Wed 19 Jul 2017 02:56

Not to bring the thread back a few posts, but for location, I think Mediterranean and Tropical environments would be great. Mediterranean means a campaign for Israel perhaps while also leaving room for a Blue on Blue campaign between Turkey and Greece over Cyprus. It could add the southern portion of the Warsaw Pact, being Hungary, Bulgaria, and Romania while also adding Italy, Spain, Greece, and Turkey for NATO.

Of course, I think a campaign inspired by the Cuban missile crisis would be interesting, so perhaps add *cough* Cuba *cough cough*. Put Cuba and Turkey in a Campaign where you'll have to defend Turkey while also invading Cuba as NATO or invade Turkey while defending Cuba. A campaign map like that would be massive, right? So, just have two separate parts of the map. Units in Turkey can't reinforce units in Cuba and visa versa, so you're basically fighting a two front war and if you manage to succeed in one then MAYBE you can use, and just a random idea... ICBMs? I think ICBMs would be a fun.

Edit: Also, instead of faction choices in multiplayer being "Confrontation, BluFor, RedFor" think they'll ever add a "Free Select" mode?
¡No Pasarán!