Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:01

steppewolf wrote:So we will have like 5 Allied Divisions and 1 Axis Division? I am not looking forward to Canada vs Free French Forces online matches tbh.

LE: I just hope these forums will have a section for this game, I am already annoyed by Paradox forums, lots of WW2 fans there :P

Nah, the division based system will allow plenty of different options for the Axis. 12th SS Panzer have been mentioned, 21 Panzer with their French vehicles are an obvious choice and the first shot in the trailer has guys in Airborne helmets with the flat sides. Add an standard infantry unit and an Ost unit and you're working with a reasonable amount of variety.

On that note, 51st Highlanders HYPE! If we're working on a stress/morale system as was described by the announcement then a bunch of hairy blokes in kilts clambering out of the top of a Defrocked Priest is going to be the Buratino equivalent :lol: .

I don't know that the Eastern Front is an obvious DLC for a title like this. They'll either just keep adding Divisions or they'll expand it further into France. If they want to go east then they'll do a new game in the series.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Crowarior
Corporal

Postby Crowarior » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:04

Not sure if this AT gun was towed or not but it looks like we are getting towed field guns
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (109.88 KiB) Viewed 348 times

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:04

I'd love a ww2 game set in Africa, rekking Italians with matilda II's would never get old :lol:
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:08

Ost troops were kind of crap, I don't see why make a whole division out of militia. Still, if they won't add Italy, Romania, Finland, Hungary later especially if they decide to go for East front it will be boring to play all type of Nazi units all over again on one side..and I don't buy it 51st Highland vs 101 Airborne tbh.

On the other hand, game looks very good and there are some very interesting features there which I suspected they'll add to a new game...so not totally disappointed. I just hope the second game they secretly work on is a Cold War themed one....they have plenty of material here to do a grandiose Cold War game.

Crowarior wrote:Not sure if this AT gun was towed or not but it looks like we are getting towed field guns

Not that it was another option for WW2

MARDER
Command Sergeant Major

Postby MARDER » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:21

Object199 wrote:
GARGEAN wrote:A-a-a-a-a-a-a-and screw this.

You are acting as if Wargame would be only great due to it playing in the Cold War.

A WWII version, who isnt really part of the franchise, hence the different title, could be something new and fresh. At the worst it offers the possibility to improve the engine for a new and even better Wargame.

Yeah like AoA was right?

Hence eugine needs a paradox because they cant finance there own project.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:30

steppewolf wrote:Ost troops were kind of crap, I don't see why make a whole division out of militia. Still, if they won't add Italy, Romania, Finland, Hungary later especially if they decide to go for East front it will be boring to play all type of Nazi units all over again on one side..and I don't buy it 51st Highland vs 101 Airborne tbh.

Not to worry mate, I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there who'll be quite happy to play the same Nazis day in and day out for 3 years :) . Ost troops are rubbish but they'll be in the game for the campaign anyway so they might as well be made into an ANZAC Airborne style joke deck for the multiplayer.

MadMat mentioned Italian elite divisions over on the Subreddit but I'm not sure if that's an indication of intent or if someone accidentally set him off by appearing to imply that Italy had no well trained units.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:34

It's neither Eugene nor Eugine it's just Eugen :roll:
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Baldix
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Baldix » Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:39

MARDER wrote:snip

yep, I think you lack of professional expertise... stuff like this is not about money, its about playerbase, marketing and stuff like this.
do you even know what kind of games focus is selling apart from wargame?

I think this "team up" is one of the better parts of this new project

MARDER
Command Sergeant Major

Postby MARDER » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:04

Baldix wrote:
MARDER wrote:snip

yep, I think you lack of professional expertise... stuff like this is not about money, its about playerbase, marketing and stuff like this.
do you even know what kind of games focus is selling apart from wargame?

I think this "team up" is one of the better parts of this new project

Bad parts rather as you have a second party spiting your soup and threatening you to not pay or withdraw money if you dont do what they want.

Eugen gets blamed in the end.

Good night sweet prince.

Sigirdiwarth
Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Wed 1 Mar 2017 20:07

MARDER wrote:Bad parts rather as you have a second party spiting your soup and threatening you to not pay or withdraw money if you dont do what they want.

Eugen gets blamed in the end.

Good night sweet prince.

"Release more content, or else!" :lol:
It's paradox, not EA.