Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby hansbroger » Sat 4 Mar 2017 21:16

The real terrain likely makes for problems in making a balanced map, guessing as the river will be the dividing line I'm guessing the preponderance of woods and other IRL terrain features on a given side would provide a considerable advantage to one team over the other.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 4 Mar 2017 21:33

hansbroger wrote:The real terrain likely makes for problems in making a balanced map, guessing as the river will be the dividing line I'm guessing the preponderance of woods and other IRL terrain features on a given side would provide a considerable advantage to one team over the other.

To be perfectly honest the entire area is terrible for a Wargame map because there's a river running parallel to the canal 500m away and there are no other ways of crossing the river or the canal between Caen and the canal locks in Ouistreham (Which was the point of the whole operation really). It rather has to be in for the scenarios, which do not have to be balanced, but personally I'd put it all on a side map edge and centre the actual multiplayer map, which has to be balanced, around Ranville, where I'm much more okay with messing around with the terrain because it's not got the same level of fame.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 4 Mar 2017 21:35

Baldix wrote:
MARDER wrote:snip

Hence eugine needs a paradox because they cant finance there own project.

yep, I think you lack of professional expertise... stuff like this is not about money, its about playerbase, marketing and stuff like this.
do you even know what kind of games focus is selling apart from wargame?

I think this "team up" is one of the better parts of this new project

grand strategy campaign maybe will sneak in if Paradox developers contribute.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sat 4 Mar 2017 23:10

chykka wrote:grand strategy campaign maybe will sneak in if Paradox developers contribute.

This. Campaign has been an oft enjoyed and much discussed feature of Wargame that people have desired to be expanded and refined since EE. With Paradox on board the hope is there will be fewer "lost campaigns" type gripes and a far more diverse/immersive campaign experience.

The hope is that they'd even be moddable so that a fan could do something like SD Shanghai '36 or the Malayan Campaign once suitable divisional DLCs/maps are out.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 4 Mar 2017 23:23

Axis and Allies style online campaign would be pretty cool. Move divisions around the globe and send them to variance territories and provinces.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 5 Mar 2017 05:08

hansbroger wrote:Pretty sure those are Tetrarchs in the bridge pic with the Horsa gliders

I think they are, but there definitely in a filtered screenshot for the website.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Lindwurm
Master Sergeant

Postby Lindwurm » Sun 5 Mar 2017 14:12

Well, next Eugen title will be WW2 Steel Division, but personally I prefer to push timeframe into 1995-2015 like, let's say "Wargame 4 - New Cold War rises" :D with all this shiny F-22 and S-300s. Unfortunately, WW2 setting does not not allow many things and cuts engine abilities.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 6 Mar 2017 01:46

Sticky granted to thread.

With "WarGame 4 should be like..." threads popping up every other day, it makes sense to collect all (well, the good ones) into one place. Post below if any major ones are missing!

Crowarior
Corporal

Postby Crowarior » Mon 6 Mar 2017 17:17

Lindwurm wrote:Well, next Eugen title will be WW2 Steel Division, but personally I prefer to push timeframe into 1995-2015 like, let's say "Wargame 4 - New Cold War rises" :D with all this shiny F-22 and S-300s. Unfortunately, WW2 setting does not not allow many things and cuts engine abilities.

Modern era WG would be so cancerous... Everyone would have something like patrior, LGB bombers, superaccurate tanks and ATGMs... Boring tbh. 1980 is best for "modern" strategy game. In case of new ww2 game I think it looks really good. Only thing I dont like so far is vegetation.. lol I know, stupid thing to complain about but trees look really ugly, I hope it get's "fixed" when game launches.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 6 Mar 2017 17:53

I don't see a WW2 title as "detracting" from the engine capabilities - rather, I see it as growth opportunity if they decide to do a proper implementation of towed artillery - it would mean the world for a Cold War title!

So, WW2 is not a step back. It's rather a side step with a potential for a huge leap forward. Therefore I am quite okay with current situation and will likely play SD... until Eugen reveals the second secret project, that is :twisted:
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0