Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Wargame Sequel, Wargame 4, Next Wargame, Expansion Directory

Postby Oktoberfest » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:19

Partibrejker wrote:
Even with availability huugeee for 90s ubertanks you would be mad not to babysit them since they are quite big investment point wise. And if you would make them cheap then you would just have uver tanks on all sides ann the field and it would be the same like getting totally rid of them, since it would be the same everywhere, so in the end this just revolves around which 3d model you prefer x)

That's not totally true. SH have different qualities. M1A2, Chally 2 and Leo2A5 hits strong and endure a lot of punishment, KMS and Leclerc hits and move fast, Soviet tanks have long ranged ATGMs... Each Nation still remains on a doctrine. But given the already enormous prevalence of the heavy tank meta, at least that would allow fun 10v10 tank engagements.

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Wed 15 Mar 2017 01:02

alphabetized nations and added more in...

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Thu 16 Mar 2017 14:30

Oktoberfest wrote:
That's not totally true. SH have different qualities. M1A2, Chally 2 and Leo2A5 hits strong and endure a lot of punishment, KMS and Leclerc hits and move fast, Soviet tanks have long ranged ATGMs... Each Nation still remains on a doctrine. But given the already enormous prevalence of the heavy tank meta, at least that would allow fun 10v10 tank engagements.

I do agree that it could be a fun mode if you could manually, when you wish, only leave superheavies in large quantities with dropped prices in a game if you wish to, but I would not make it like that by default :)
Spoiler : :

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Thu 16 Mar 2017 14:39

Partibrejker wrote:
Oktoberfest wrote:

I do agree that it could be a fun mode if you could manually, when you wish, only leave superheavies in large quantities with dropped prices in a game if you wish to, but I would not make it like that by default :)

I would keep the price as it is. It is, after all, expensive pieces of technology. And yes,, I think an option to multiply the units for each card was already asked back in 2012. But it is unlikely to happen ever, I guess.

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Thu 16 Mar 2017 18:23

Oktoberfest wrote:
Partibrejker wrote:
Oktoberfest wrote:

I would keep the price as it is. It is, after all, expensive pieces of technology. And yes,, I think an option to multiply the units for each card was already asked back in 2012. But it is unlikely to happen ever, I guess.

Well, I guess that if you have some buddy that can mod and has same wish as you, that you can make a mod the game and pull off anything you like, or (judging on some pics I saw on reddit) if you cannot mod to increase quantity of modern tank 3d models you can clone modern tank stats to all the tanks :)
Spoiler : :

MARDER
Command Sergeant Major

Postby MARDER » Wed 19 Apr 2017 06:51

To make more use of Cat A to C decks, they are rally used except A decks in almost 99% of multiplayer decks, make ranked games have a 30% to choose a cat A,B,C deck. So in Ranked games each player should have not just his supper cat A parade deck but also has to have other cat decks ready and be able to use different tactics and strategys.

Comrade_Bane
First Sergeant

Postby Comrade_Bane » Sun 7 May 2017 18:26

Wargame 4 when??? take your bets.

Wargame 4 will be released April 2019

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 7 May 2017 23:29

I'll bet on "Never, the next game is Steel Division: Fulda '89".

Release is May 2018. Eugen have most of the mechanics and most of the research, they just need to write the Division lists, do the art and add helicopters and ATGMs back in.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Wed 24 May 2017 14:57

FrangibleCover wrote:I'll bet on "Never, the next game is Steel Division: Fulda '89".

Release is May 2018. Eugen have most of the mechanics and most of the research, they just need to write the Division lists, do the art and add helicopters and ATGMs back in.

Not sure Division level should be used in a Cold War time frame as well. In WW2, Division were the most common organization in WW2 and we rarely seen other way to group units although there were attempts e.g US RCTs, German Kampfgruppen.

Due to the potential effect of tactical nuclear weapons on massed forces, the development of weapons range, divisions were to be broken up into more mobile forces like brigades. I think actual deck system is quite good and leave some room of fine tuning for every taste, don't think we will need divisions

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 24 May 2017 16:59

steppewolf wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:I'll bet on "Never, the next game is Steel Division: Fulda '89".

Not sure Division level should be used in a Cold War time frame as well. In WW2, Division were the most common organization in WW2 and we rarely seen other way to group units although there were attempts e.g US RCTs, German Kampfgruppen.

Due to the potential effect of tactical nuclear weapons on massed forces, the development of weapons range, divisions were to be broken up into more mobile forces like brigades. I think actual deck system is quite good and leave some room of fine tuning for every taste, don't think we will need divisions

Indeed.
IMO we should just have the current deck system (but with no prototypes, a tighter 1980-1991 timeframe, towed weapons and new types of units added in SD) but with more realistic ToEs for specialized decks, for example being able to field wheeled vehicles in an armored/mechanized deck when they were in that spec for this particular nation.

This way we would still keep variety in deck building.

And to my mind it might be more interesting if you had to choose a spec when building a deck.

This would allow us to feel the same impression of asymetric balance we have in SD (with infantry/light armor/heavy armor/airborne oriented decks for example) and might reduce the impact of strong powers in the balance as they would still have weaknesses for each type of deck.

For example if USMC and US Army were separated it would balance USA a bit more as USMC would have more wheeled options and lighter units, while the Army has heavy but expensive, mostly tracked and less available units.

Same could be done with USSR and VDV/Marines.

PS: Was this thread just pinned? Is Eugen preparing something?