[Red Dragon] Patch (v.61340)

Awesomer
Master Sergeant

Re: [Red Dragon] Patch (v.61340)

Postby Awesomer » Wed 4 Jan 2017 22:00

urogard wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:create 2 cards of Maglans pls.

Or simply bring down maglans to 1 card
tbh I don't care about it too much. I think the nerf is a little over the top, but I disagree with the original implementation

Where were you when I first suggested that! :x But meh, I think the current nerf is fine, just fill the inf recon gap.

Dimebag94407
Sergeant

Postby Dimebag94407 » Sat 7 Jan 2017 16:51

Why still no Challenger 1 Mk.2 to mechanized?

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 10 Jan 2017 17:26

Dimebag94407 wrote:Why still no Challenger 1 Mk.2 to mechanized?

same reason it takes half a year, multiple patches and still it's impossible to standardize tank availabilities.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 10 Jan 2017 18:16

urogard wrote:

same reason it takes half a year, multiple patches and still it's impossible to standardize tank availabilities.

TWO YEARS to get the Tomcat outta naval.
Courtesy of KattiValk

argybargy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby argybargy » Tue 10 Jan 2017 18:22

Is it possible within the engine to have a function where I can queue for a ranked game while in a normal game lobby? It would really help save a lot of time, as I and I'm sure others already spend more time with this game than we're really supposed to.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 10 Jan 2017 20:11

Mike wrote:
urogard wrote:

TWO YEARS to get the Tomcat outta naval.

and they still screwed it up by giving it 2 cards instead of just one like with the MiG-31M

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Postby antizombies_boy » Wed 11 Jan 2017 22:10

Why did u kill the unique Sidewinder helicopter of game? There weren't any other helicopter to remodel to SEAD? The real change would be replace the TOW 2, and keep the helo fighting like "attack" scort helicopter. At least, IMO. Maybe the problem it's the standarization of Stingers. I'm starting to think that the problem always was the Stingers range...

It's a good change, a SEAD chopper is cool, but the way to do it....

The rest of changes looks good, this is the only one "mistake" (IMO) of the patch. And talking about patchs and fixes, why the EPBV 90 hasn't its autocannon and fight with a ridiculous MG? It's not a light autocannon close to M2 Browning stats, its a "huge" Bofors L/70 to ignore it...

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 11 Jan 2017 22:46

antizombies_boy wrote:The rest of changes looks good, this is the only one "mistake" (IMO) of the patch. And talking about patchs and fixes, why the EPBV 90 hasn't its autocannon and fight with a ridiculous MG? It's not a light autocannon close to M2 Browning stats, its a "huge" Bofors L/70 to ignore it...

Ah, that old chestnut: That's not a real autocannon, that's a broomstick painted black fake autocannon designed to fool the enemy into thinking that you're a perfectly normal Strf 9040 and no more worthy of targeting than any of the others on the field even though you are a rare, expensive and important Recon vehicle or CV (StriPBV 90 has the same thing). Quite a common trick but the only other vehicle I can think of that makes use of it is the Pereh, on which it's useless because the giant missile-box is modelled sticking out of the top so it can't fool players looking at the silhouettes. It works so well that when the Scandi DLC first came out Eugen also mistook it for a real autocannon.

Pro tip: The EPBV and StriPBV have whip aerials out the top so you can tell the silhouettes apart from the 9040 if you absolutely have to.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Postby antizombies_boy » Wed 11 Jan 2017 23:29

FrangibleCover wrote:
antizombies_boy wrote:The rest of changes looks good, this is the only one "mistake" (IMO) of the patch. And talking about patchs and fixes, why the EPBV 90 hasn't its autocannon and fight with a ridiculous MG? It's not a light autocannon close to M2 Browning stats, its a "huge" Bofors L/70 to ignore it...

Ah, that old chestnut: That's not a real autocannon, that's a broomstick painted black fake autocannon designed to fool the enemy into thinking that you're a perfectly normal Strf 9040 and no more worthy of targeting than any of the others on the field even though you are a rare, expensive and important Recon vehicle or CV (StriPBV 90 has the same thing). Quite a common trick but the only other vehicle I can think of that makes use of it is the Pereh, on which it's useless because the giant missile-box is modelled sticking out of the top so it can't fool players looking at the silhouettes. It works so well that when the Scandi DLC first came out Eugen also mistook it for a real autocannon.

Pro tip: The EPBV and StriPBV have whip aerials out the top so you can tell the silhouettes apart from the 9040 if you absolutely have to.

My fucking God, what a joke xD pls tell that it isn't built by IKEA...

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 11 Jan 2017 23:37

antizombies_boy wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:

My fucking God, what a joke xD pls tell that it isn't built by IKEA...

The broomstick thing was a joke about the German military having no money, not the Swedes. What's mounted on the EPBV is a precision engineered, uh, steel tube.
...Mind you, last time I made a Scandi mechanised deck it fell apart in combat and I found a bolt under the sofa :D
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan