Leave no man behind: WGermany

Mako
General

Re: Leave no man behind: WGermany

Postby Mako » Tue 7 Mar 2017 01:21

FrangibleCover wrote:
Mako wrote:
Razzmann wrote:I'm gonna be the dick here.

If Germany and / or France had gotten (a) Hawk variant(s), people would have complained about them getting (a) worthless unit(s) (like the Sonderwagen III for example, which adds nothing to Germany or EC, not even in Cat C motorised) because the Roland 3 is better and would always be taken over the Hawk(s).

It's a copy paste though, not a worthless new model.

Isn't the Sonderwagen III just a reskinned Saladin in the recon tab? Rag on the Milan Iltis if you like though.

Since I don't remember the last time I looked at any of the above units I honestly don't know.

Edit: Yes, it's the same unit. At least the hawk is plausibly useful unlike this thing. Why would you ever take it with the luchs is around?

Right now it's like the Pansarbil, but so much worse.

You pay 5 pts more for the Sonderwagen III and you get:

-the m2 Browning

-70% the rate of fire

-15% stabs to no stabs at all

-25kmph

buuuuut you get

+1AV to two FAV

+4 suppression (yes, literally 4 more)

+small size

+five percent accuracy (35 instead of 30)

+5 AP, but you get a HEAT gun instead of KE.

The Sonderwagon (and its 5 pts cheaper non recon clone the saladin) are worse at the same price, let alone five points more.

(Shocking right? Terrible vehicles are terrible!)

But they don't have to be.

For the L5A1: ROF to 9, and HE to 3 (this is if we don't want to worry about making it too good, just not utter garbage)

For the L23A1 (which is on the Scorpions from UK/ANZ, the m113FSV, the Cougar, one of the V150s) accuracy to 40, HE to 3.

Still not great but now they'd actually have some kind of purpose.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

chykka
Brigadier

Re: Why does West Germany get shafted so hard in this game?

Postby chykka » Tue 7 Mar 2017 04:31

Sleksa wrote:
chykka wrote:W/G was better in Alb as independent nation. Now that panzer grenz and Jagers cost more than any of their counterparts is pretty pricey deck to run if your playing a cramped building map.

Every single nation was shafted in alb in the face of mixed decks, so it's not like they were "better" in there

Well West Germany was less 'Shafted' in alb, you had some of best tanks and infantry only down side was all your AA was Radar.
Mix decks usually were the choice, but aside from a few nations that could manage independently like USA, Ussr, and maybe I'd include West Germany, and a few others.

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:00

Still hoping for WG RD P2W DLC for older nations. Get Germany or France as a stand-alone nation, get additionnal units. Same for every othewr nation that is unable to survive by itself, except for the very very small nations that simply never got anything ITF.

But given how the TF was stretched for some units and given the balance issues, I wouldn't mind seing australia with M1A1 or Tiger helicopters either...

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:16

Oktoberfest wrote:Still hoping for WG RD P2W DLC for older nations. Get Germany or France as a stand-alone nation, get additionnal units. Same for every othewr nation that is unable to survive by itself, except for the very very small nations that simply never got anything ITF.

But given how the TF was stretched for some units and given the balance issues, I wouldn't mind seing australia with M1A1 or Tiger helicopters either...

Tiger helicopters for France and Germany are stretching the timeline already, and you got them for free, no need to cry "p2w". That's just being rude.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:23

HrcAk47 wrote:Tiger helicopters for France and Germany are stretching the timeline already, and you got them for free, no need to cry "p2w". That's just being rude.

Actually, the JCVD unit for timeline stretching is the Ka-52 if I recall ...

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:28

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:Tiger helicopters for France and Germany are stretching the timeline already, and you got them for free, no need to cry "p2w". That's just being rude.

Elite Van Damme '88 confirmed? BELGIUM DLC CONFIRMED!!! Hype! :lol:

Also, being '88, that's very ITF, cat A, non proto :D
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:50

HrcAk47 wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:

Elite Van Damme '88 confirmed? BELGIUM DLC CONFIRMED!!! Hype! :lol:

Also, being '88, that's very ITF, cat A, non proto :D

Van Damme can't be in because those famous engine limitations mean you can't split an infantry unit between two vehicles :lol:
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:57

chykka wrote:Well West Germany was less 'Shafted' in alb, you had some of best tanks and infantry only down side was all your AA was Radar.

how is that different from now?

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Tue 7 Mar 2017 18:37

FrangibleCover wrote:Van Damme can't be in because those famous engine limitations mean you can't split an infantry unit between two vehicles :lol:

Maybe he can in the Swedish army? ;)

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Tue 7 Mar 2017 21:28

urogard wrote:
chykka wrote:Well West Germany was less 'Shafted' in alb, you had some of best tanks and infantry only down side was all your AA was Radar.

how is that different from now?

You loose very many infantry fights, because your line infantry is overpriced and comes in only very basic fire support transports. Your tanks are, beyond 2A5, at best average in their price class. Well Keiler is pretty neat, but not that powerful.
Courtesy to a discussion of the upcoming DLC for SD44. Sufficient to say, one of my
mates is very happy about the new Allied divisions. I totally don't get why... :roll:

Spoiler : :