Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

urogard
Colonel

Re: What can we expect from Eugen regarding support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby urogard » Fri 10 Mar 2017 00:46

DasaKamov wrote:Take heart in the fact that AirLand Battle and Eurupean Escalation both had comprehensive balance patches to signal the end-of-active development for those games, and both games have had tech-support patches released long into Red Dragon's lifespan.

I'm still waiting for that comprehensive balance patch you're talking about

Wouldn't be a bad idea to finally fix that mess that is the pricing of planes, where the German Tornado IDS costs 115 pts and the Dutch F-16A Block 5 with the same bomb load but 10% less ECM costs 5 pts more, Japanese F-4EJ with 35% SRAAM/MRAAM and 10% ECM costs the same 90 pts as the french mirage F1C with 20% ECM and a 45%/50% Accuracy on its missiles and dozens of other examples which have already gotten highlighted in many threads

That and the promised patch to bring BD/RD back into relevance.

Boz
Corporal

Re: What can we expect from Eugen regarding support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby Boz » Fri 10 Mar 2017 11:35

DasaKamov wrote:Take heart in the fact that AirLand Battle and Eurupean Escalation both had comprehensive balance patches to signal the end-of-active development for those games, and both games have had tech-support patches released long into Red Dragon's lifespan.

To be honest, i think it would have been better to do the comprehensive balance patch *before* announcing development of a new game. It would have helped to put some restless hearts to rest and avoided all this confusion and trepidation.
Much kisses, many love,

Boz

alfred
Private

Postby alfred » Mon 13 Mar 2017 11:28

DasaKamov wrote:
alfred wrote:My question was more short-term. What I am asking is if the December patch is the last patch.

The answer is "no one knows" - probably not even the Dev team. Their focus will be on their new game(s) and post-launch support, and future Wargame support will depend on whether or not Eugen has free time and programmers to devote.

Take heart in the fact that AirLand Battle and Eurupean Escalation both had comprehensive balance patches to signal the end-of-active development for those games, and both games have had tech-support patches released long into Red Dragon's lifespan.

Eh, I was hoping this wasn't the case. I really don't like this kind of behavior.

Farewell.

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby M4jor » Mon 13 Mar 2017 15:02

I think its time to abandon ship :D

I wonder why ppl still post in the wargame board anyway. Time to focus on Steel Division and try to increase the chance its acutally good. Not that it matters what we say or write at all looool....

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 15:04

Well this place is now getting about 2 posts per day now.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Postby antizombies_boy » Mon 13 Mar 2017 16:47

Steel Division sucks, I'm really boring about WWII games, they are all around since video games exist. But it's time to let the ship sinking with their crew... it was a pleasure and an honor. Maybe in 1 or 2 years all of us will come here again to post about a new Wargame title. Sorry 4 Eugen, I hope their "new" game won't be a new Act of Aggression fail.
Wargame was a relative success thx to the low amount of Cold War RTS games, but it's not the point of Steel Division, because WWII is a really saturated environment.

Wargame will come back again!! (we don't know exactly when...)

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 13 Mar 2017 17:54

antizombies_boy wrote:Steel Division sucks

You haven't even seen gameplay and it sucks? Give me a fucking break.
Delta Force or Delta Farce?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:18

Mike wrote:
antizombies_boy wrote:Steel Division sucks

You haven't even seen gameplay and it sucks? Give me a fucking break.

Doomprophet alert.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:19

Steel Division sucks, I'm really boring

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:20

Xeno426 wrote:Doomprophet alert.

Congrats on being a five year member. :P
Delta Force or Delta Farce?