Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Re: Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:39

GARGEAN wrote:Dam... I really, REALLY hope that upper guy was just a fattish troll...

Don't count on it. One guy of my former Company of Heroes crew compared Rheinwiesenlager with German concentration camps. Another tried to argue that the Waffen SS was just regular soldiers. (Granted though he came to accept his incorrect statement. Took only a lengthy discussion, a mate losing his patience over it and reading out the combined list of Waffen SS war crimes and crimes against the civilian population).

This type of game simply attracts these kinds of people.
Last edited by Markenzwieback on Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:50, edited 3 times in total.
Off-map artillery, flamethrower infantry and artillery proliferation are the cancer of Steel Division.
Spoiler : :

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:39

Dam... I really, REALLY hope that upper guy was just a fattish troll...

He actually posted on this forum not too long ago..

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:43

Yeah definitely a bad post. Kinda out of character from what I've seen him post, but still indefensible.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 13 Mar 2017 23:11

Well, I'm happy these forums are kept so I can hull down and wait for a Cold War title while enjoying probably a good game about WW2. I don't like Paradox forums too much and even if I play some of their games I pop there just for quick questions and descriptions of DLCs.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 13 Mar 2017 23:47

Xeno426 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The other thing is that the Eugen Steel Division forum seems pretty active to me and we're still blessed with the same dedicated community with a minimal number of Wehraboos

Oh, just wait. They'll come. If you build a WWII game, they will come.

I did say minimal. Even on the Paradox forums he's getting downvotes. We've had a couple so far over here and they've essentially attacked piecemeal and allowed us to concentrate force (I think I was actually part of a stonk where the poor bloke got linked to that Myths of American Armour video three times within 5 minutes). Unless upon release we are flooded by a veritable Asiatic Horde of techwankers, prevented from retreating by Actual Legitimate Neo-Nazi blocking detachments, we should be able to keep our Forumsraum here relatively free of undesirables :lol: .

steppewolf wrote:Well, I'm happy these forums are kept so I can hull down and wait for a Cold War title while enjoying probably a good game about WW2. I don't like Paradox forums too much and even if I play some of their games I pop there just for quick questions and descriptions of DLCs.

I've got a different Paradox name to FrangibleCover, even though I've never posted on the forums. I must have set it from Steam or something a long time ago. Anyway, I don't much fancy posting under it and confusing everyone and the Paradox forums didn't seem much fun when I went there so I'm at least waiting to post there until I can register SD under this name.

I'm interested to see what Eugen plans for the ardent Cold War Warriors. I don't consider it beyond possibility that Red Dragon will get a third lease of life although I must say that with the new SD mechanics I'm not sure if many will care. Equally, there is still mystery game 2, which could be anything from Steel Division: Bagration already in the pipe to Wargame 4 to Steel Division: Fulda 85 to a Bejewled-clone in Iriszoom called 'Candy Crush Sava' in which you have to be ridiculously fast :D.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Tue 14 Mar 2017 15:23

No worries, if nazi scum arrives they shall be trolled until their mothers start trolling them and they decide to desingrate in thin air, since argumenting with that scum is impossible, or we shall repeat "loooseeers" until they start to cry. Death to fascism, freedom to the people. Yugoslavian Partisan movement stronK.
Spoiler : :

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 14 Mar 2017 17:20

Actually, they'd be allowed to make their own DLC.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 17:33

Xeno426 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The other thing is that the Eugen Steel Division forum seems pretty active to me and we're still blessed with the same dedicated community with a minimal number of Wehraboos

Oh, just wait. They'll come. If you build a WWII game, they will come.

That's a big one!
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Tue 14 Mar 2017 19:44

Good old paradox forum :lol:

I also hope for Cold War Wargame development/support be it DLCs, "WRD Gold Edition" or new Wargame. While there are a lot of good ideas general WRD balance is imo pretty good.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:25

47andrej wrote:Good old paradox forum :lol:

I also hope for Cold War Wargame development/support be it DLCs, "WRD Gold Edition" or new Wargame. While there are a lot of good ideas general WRD balance is imo pretty good.

Some of the new features being announced for SD leave me desiring a new Wargame based on those new engine updates.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.