Strong/Viable Nations, Meta

urogard
Colonel

Re: Strong/Viable Nations, Meta

Postby urogard » Tue 14 Mar 2017 20:19

Mako wrote:If you have a Hawk or something near to or a little behind your tank, you can prevent the enemy from getting off a shot. Rolands have to literally be in between your tank and the plane.

Unlike rolands, hawks have 30-35 kmh so they can't keep up with tanks in order to stay close enough to do what you claim they are capable of doing (which they aren't) and they die to a fart, so even trying to have them near tanks is a pretty dumb tactical decision from any perspective

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 14 Mar 2017 20:23

Seryn wrote:and the whipped Cream on the Pumpkin pie, a MiG-29 that can actually fight a NATO ASF in a 1v1 duel.

Except for the tiny fact that all high end planes come at 2 cards giving you up to 4 planes and GDR only gets 1 card

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 20:40

urogard wrote:
Seryn wrote:and the whipped Cream on the Pumpkin pie, a MiG-29 that can actually fight a NATO ASF in a 1v1 duel.

Except for the tiny fact that all high end planes come at 2 cards giving you up to 4 planes and GDR only gets 1 card

Well, not really, that's more of an exception than the rule.

I think NSWP (and North Korea) could get "vanilla MiG-29" to all nations, armed with 4x R-73 and 2x R-27R. It is an extremely cost-efficient mid-tier ASF, and is a great budget solution to air superiority. Czechs and NK would profit immensely from such a solution.

MiG-29S that East Germany currently uses is basically a gameplay handout.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:00

HrcAk47 wrote:MiG-29S that East Germany currently uses is basically a gameplay handout.

It's just flavor and to reflect that East Germany and the USSR had a strong bond.
Courtesy of KattiValk

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:03

Mike wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:MiG-29S that East Germany currently uses is basically a gameplay handout.

It's just flavor and to reflect that East Germany and the USSR had a strong bond.

I don't mind it whatsoever, in fact I like it a lot, makes EGer almost competitive solo. Good flavor.

I am just saying it'd be nice to have the classical MiG-29 more prolific in nations that apply. Models and textures exist, so why not.

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:08

HrcAk47 wrote:
Mike wrote:

I don't mind it whatsoever, in fact I like it a lot, makes EGer almost competitive solo. Good flavor.

I am just saying it'd be nice to have the classical MiG-29 more prolific in nations that apply. Models and textures exist, so why not.

DDR is the only nation that should have it, giving it to its partners buff ENT and BF. which we do NOT want.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:14

Seryn wrote:DDR is the only nation that should have it, giving it to its partners buff ENT and BF. which we do NOT want.

Surely you realize that Yugoslavia already has the proposed plane in mind (L-18), and that Poland has it even better (MiG-29A 9.13, extra ECM).

With Entente having a ridiculously unviable airborne deck, in all situations, one is capped to 5 plane cards, which are quite expensive. All 5 plane cards cost 15 activation points, a third of the total 45 pts in coalition mode. Unacceptable.

This leads me to believe you do not actually play the game. Am I right?

And a second thing, this is a proposal to give out a SARH missile armed MiG-29 to Czechoslovakia, East Germany and North Korea. All to improve their solo gameplayability. Czechs would actually be pretty playable solo with an ASF worth a damn.

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:39

HrcAk47 wrote:
Seryn wrote:DDR is the only nation that should have it, giving it to its partners buff ENT and BF. which we do NOT want.

Surely you realize that Yugoslavia already has the proposed plane in mind (L-18), and that Poland has it even better (MiG-29A 9.13, extra ECM).

With Entente having a ridiculously unviable airborne deck, in all situations, one is capped to 5 plane cards, which are quite expensive. All 5 plane cards cost 15 activation points, a third of the total 45 pts in coalition mode. Unacceptable.

And a second thing, this is a proposal to give out a SARH missile armed MiG-29 to Czechoslovakia, East Germany and North Korea. All to improve their solo gameplayability. Czechs would actually be pretty playable solo with an ASF worth a damn.

DDR MiG-29 Has F&F MRAAMs, I question if you ever played a nation that isn't Yugo. I can't remember off the top of my head what SARH entails, but if its F&F MRAAMs then you are years late. CSSR relies on it's coalitions for Air Superiority, Saturation is not the answer, we already have that with NSWP having multiple BM-24s, RM-70s and T-72s of every single type.

I question if YOU play the game.

Entente can use CSSR troops too, and I don't see where you are getting 5 Planes from, we are only referring to a MiG.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:48

Seryn wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:

DDR MiG-29 Has F&F MRAAMs, I question if you ever played a nation that isn't Yugo. I can't remember off the top of my head what SARH entails, but if its F&F MRAAMs then you are years late. CSSR relies on it's coalitions for Air Superiority, Saturation is not the answer, we already have that with NSWP having multiple BM-24s, RM-70s and T-72s of every single type.

I question if YOU play the game.

Entente can use CSSR troops too, and I don't see where you are getting 5 Planes from, we are only referring to a MiG.

:roll:

Yes. Yes it does. Re-read my posts.

An additional, historical MiG-29 variant (9.12A) with SARH missiles for countries that apply won't kill them or make them OP.

It can just make each of the nations more capable of solo play by covering the token ASF capability or fleshing out their air tree.

"Saturation" can not happen EXACTLY BECAUSE of the 5-plane-card limit, together with 45 pts in coalition play.

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Tue 14 Mar 2017 23:55

HrcAk47 wrote:
An additional, historical MiG-29 variant (9.12A) with SARH missiles for countries that apply won't kill them or make them OP.

It can just make each of the nations more capable of solo play by covering the token ASF capability or fleshing out their air tree.

"Saturation" can not happen EXACTLY BECAUSE of the 5-plane-card limit, together with 45 pts in coalition play.

I found something that fits your "Balance" Doctrine. :shock: :? :roll: :D

[youtube] https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLHhOu ... iaUCAvCg1g [/youtube]

Edit: I forgot How to do the thing