Razzmann wrote:Not "mind boggling", but "good" as othereise it would be "stupid".
It wouldn't be a "stupid" idea if at least even eugen believed in their own plane balance.
Unfortunately rather than fix the balance they openly admit to not having completed it by forcing people to pick 5 different planes rather than allowing people to pick half of that if they desire to do so same way you can do with tanks, infantry, and literally every other TAB.
Why can't I pick 2 cards Su-27S/East German MiGs/Japanese F-15/British Tornado F3/Any bomber?
Because 40-60% of planes have the wrong pricing and the other 40% have incorrect availability and therefore completely worthless. And simply making it 2 cards per non-proto plane would immediately halve the planes being used because everyone would stop using the planes that are overpriced belonging in the 40-60% category with wrong pricing.
So yeah you're right that it's stupid that it's not fixed and arbitrary barriers are being put up instead and it's mind-boggling why it hasn't gotten resolved a long time back.