Strong/Viable Nations, Meta

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Strong/Viable Nations, Meta

Postby Mike » Wed 15 Mar 2017 00:08

HrcAk47 wrote:I don't mind it whatsoever, in fact I like it a lot, makes EGer almost competitive solo. Good flavor.

I am just saying it'd be nice to have the classical MiG-29 more prolific in nations that apply. Models and textures exist, so why not.

I bet a good majority of the player base would have East Germany as their favorite REDFOR minor.

I still to this day, I don't know why they never gave the NK MiG-29 a proper loadout. It would make the deck so much better with the shit long range AA it has.
Courtesy of KattiValk

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 00:16

Mike wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:I don't mind it whatsoever, in fact I like it a lot, makes EGer almost competitive solo. Good flavor.

I am just saying it'd be nice to have the classical MiG-29 more prolific in nations that apply. Models and textures exist, so why not.

I bet a good majority of the player base would have East Germany as their favorite REDFOR minor.

I still to this day, I don't know why they never gave the NK MiG-29 a proper loadout. It would make the deck so much better with the shit long range AA it has.

I was playing the E-Ger national nearly exclusively, before youknowwhat happened. It was simply fun, very rounded nation with good stuff, with the greatest "gap" being a lack of a superheavy, but that was quite bearable, as superheavy meta was not yet a thing.

Regarding NK, the saddest part is that the NK actually operated both 9.12B (export nonpact) and 9.13 (gardeniya ver). IRL, and within timeframe. Actually, there's so much more that can be done with NK air tab, even without resorting to handouts...
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 15 Mar 2017 00:53

HrcAk47 wrote:45 pts in coalition play.

55*
45 is Pact / Nato.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 01:00

Razzmann wrote:

55*
45 is Pact / Nato.

Whoops, my bad. Thanks.

Still, taking 5 cards of planes (15 pts) does limit what can be taken in other tabs.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 15 Mar 2017 16:32

HrcAk47 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

55*
45 is Pact / Nato.

Whoops, my bad. Thanks.

Still, taking 5 cards of planes (15 pts) does limit what can be taken in other tabs.

Welcome to Dark Souls. (TM)

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Sat 18 Mar 2017 07:21

Mike wrote:

Eh, I like it. It'll 1v1 just about any medium fighter if you let it, and it mulches helos like nothing else.

OT: USSR is much improved in recent patches, and things like mg standardization and t 62 buffs have significantly improved the faction's low tier ground game. It's my favorite deck at the moment, and far less susceptible to lulzy crits than it used to be.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sun 19 Mar 2017 11:48

HrcAk47 wrote:
urogard wrote:
Seryn wrote:and the whipped Cream on the Pumpkin pie, a MiG-29 that can actually fight a NATO ASF in a 1v1 duel.

Except for the tiny fact that all high end planes come at 2 cards giving you up to 4 planes and GDR only gets 1 card

Well, not really, that's more of an exception than the rule.

Eurofighter, Rafale, Su-27PU, F-15C, all of which are 175+ pts (except the eagle which is 170 pts) come at 2 cards.
All planes at 170 pts and below come at 1 card only

So no, it's not an exception, it IS the rule that all high end planes come at 2 cards.

The fact that ALL non-proto planes aren't available at 2 cards is just mind boggling

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 19 Mar 2017 11:52

Not "mind boggling", but "good" as othereise it would be "stupid".

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sun 19 Mar 2017 12:47

Razzmann wrote:Not "mind boggling", but "good" as othereise it would be "stupid".

It wouldn't be a "stupid" idea if at least even eugen believed in their own plane balance.
Unfortunately rather than fix the balance they openly admit to not having completed it by forcing people to pick 5 different planes rather than allowing people to pick half of that if they desire to do so same way you can do with tanks, infantry, and literally every other TAB.

Why can't I pick 2 cards Su-27S/East German MiGs/Japanese F-15/British Tornado F3/Any bomber?
Because 40-60% of planes have the wrong pricing and the other 40% have incorrect availability and therefore completely worthless. And simply making it 2 cards per non-proto plane would immediately halve the planes being used because everyone would stop using the planes that are overpriced belonging in the 40-60% category with wrong pricing.

So yeah you're right that it's stupid that it's not fixed and arbitrary barriers are being put up instead and it's mind-boggling why it hasn't gotten resolved a long time back.