Increase, 2 Maximum packs and Max units for Prototype Tanks units especially ?

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

Increase, 2 Maximum packs and Max units for Prototype Tanks units especially ?

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Thu 9 Mar 2017 09:28

i think having just 1 card of Prototype tanks unit in a Deck is too low.

becuz even in a Tank battalion/regiment/division in real life there are 8 or 16 or more tanks, and so should be.

For some Prototype units such as tanks , like - T90 , M1A2 Abrams, Leopard 2A5, Leclerc, Challenger 2, Type 10
having just 2 or 3 units is way too less. n it just takes out the fun.

i mean it would be more fun to have them some more.

so, There should be atleast 2 Max packs allowed and there should be atleast 8 hardened units and 4 hardened units
in reinforcement menu.

jonas165
Brigadier

Re: Increase, 2 Maximum packs and Max units for Prototype Tanks units especially ?

Postby jonas165 » Thu 9 Mar 2017 10:38

That would probably be game breaking, make all over tanks useless and leave nations behind that don't have such tanks. But I would kindly invite you to click my sig, there you will find more M1A2s and T90s then you will ever need ;)
Alpha release. Click signature for more

molnibalage
General

Re: Increase, 2 Maximum packs and Max units for Prototype Tanks units especially ?

Postby molnibalage » Thu 9 Mar 2017 13:04

DarkKnightz01k wrote:i think having just 1 card of Prototype tanks unit in a Deck is too low.

becuz even in a Tank battalion/regiment/division in real life there are 8 or 16 or more tanks, and so should be.

For some Prototype units such as tanks , like - T90 , M1A2 Abrams, Leopard 2A5, Leclerc, Challenger 2, Type 10
having just 2 or 3 units is way too less. n it just takes out the fun.

i mean it would be more fun to have them some more.

so, There should be atleast 2 Max packs allowed and there should be atleast 8 hardened units and 4 hardened units
in reinforcement menu.

The qty. abstraction of WG RD is totally bad. You cannot make it better with your recommendation...

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Thu 9 Mar 2017 13:29

you'd have a lot more luck suggesting that at least planes get standardized to 2 cards for all non proto units

allowing more proto units to be fielded is just asking for trouble

James-Bond
Sergeant First-Class

Postby James-Bond » Thu 9 Mar 2017 22:38

potentially seeing 8 x Challenger 2 in a deck lol
do you really need that many?
seriously though, don't think this would be good for game balance.

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Fri 10 Mar 2017 09:08

James-Bond wrote:potentially seeing 8 x Challenger 2 in a deck lol

Yes game balance is one thing to take in mind ,

but then again won't the opponent players will have same 8x Abrams or Leopards 2A5 , T90s
to against player's challenger's.

and Still yes if 8 units with 2 packs shall be 16 units, which could be too much modern tanks in game.

so If not 8 , i think Atleast 4 to 5 hardened units should be just there , which makes 10 tanks atleast with 2 max packs.
that should be just sufficient enough.

cuz even if you have 8 units and you loose 2 early in game , you have a chance to recruit 2 again.

and if one needs 12units , 6 trained with 2 max packs , would be good enough.

that would not be like over-number of modern tanks too much in game.

i mean , right now 2 or 3 tanks with 1 max packs, is also still kind of tooooo low.

----------

Similarly some artillery i see only have 3 units , like some French and US Paladin only 2 , that number is like too less.

which should also have been 4 atleast Mandatory to form a just sufficient group.

-------

In Wars in real life scenarios i saw on Tv and documentaries ,
the artillery teams that were deployed to fire were in 4 to 10 number of units, in one line firing up all the way.

similarly you see some MLRs/LARS multiple rockets launcher vehicles in war or training excercises,
they are spread like 4 to 8 in numbers over a field doing their job.

to me 2 or 3, units is like bit way less. 4 should have been minimum.
a field.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 10 Mar 2017 10:41

Heavys are already dominating the meta, more of them would be bad for balance.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 10 Mar 2017 10:48

In most of cases if you have lost all of your best tanks very likely you have already lost... Except 45k 10 v 10 games you do not have any chance to call so many top tier tanks.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 10 Mar 2017 11:09

DarkKnightz01k wrote:

Yes game balance is one thing to take in mind ,

but then again won't the opponent players will have same 8x Abrams or Leopards 2A5 , T90s
to against player's challenger's.

and Still yes if 8 units with 2 packs shall be 16 units, which could be too much modern tanks in game.

so If not 8 , i think Atleast 4 to 5 hardened units should be just there , which makes 10 tanks atleast with 2 max packs.
that should be just sufficient enough.

cuz even if you have 8 units and you loose 2 early in game , you have a chance to recruit 2 again.

and if one needs 12units , 6 trained with 2 max packs , would be good enough.

that would not be like over-number of modern tanks too much in game.

i mean , right now 2 or 3 tanks with 1 max packs, is also still kind of tooooo low.

----------

Similarly some artillery i see only have 3 units , like some French and US Paladin only 2 , that number is like too less.

which should also have been 4 atleast Mandatory to form a just sufficient group.

-------

In Wars in real life scenarios i saw on Tv and documentaries ,
the artillery teams that were deployed to fire were in 4 to 10 number of units, in one line firing up all the way.

similarly you see some MLRs/LARS multiple rockets launcher vehicles in war or training excercises,
they are spread like 4 to 8 in numbers over a field doing their job.

to me 2 or 3, units is like bit way less. 4 should have been minimum.
a field.

You simply do not understand. Becase of CP income and how the game works you nowhere close to RL unit composition. As I can judge you have abs. no idea about structure and how works in RL.

For ex. in WPACT the smallest individ. man. unit was the battalion. A USSR / WPACT a mot. rifl. battalion nominally had ~40 APC/IFV +10 tanks with 2+2 ZSU-23-4 + Strela-1/10M + 2xOsa AKM (later Tor) except reverse battalion which had no AD. Even the battalion had integrated mortar sq. and could get support from higher level arty assets.

Check this.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d9by7q ... ir_defense

What you can see in WG? With about starting 1000-1500 CP you can have the AD of whole battalion (with less MANPAD) and only some ground units. You have the AD of a whole battalion which protects only 3-4 tanks, and 5-6 APC/IFV and some mortars.

If you check helos the situation is even worse.
viewtopic.php?p=955084#p955084

You cannot fix this because the game is simply too far from this ratio. For this you need to lower the price of all tanks and other units with about 8-10 times and had the same price for all AD untis and airplanes and of cousre increase the qty. of airplanes.

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:51

Does this mean that t-34s would come at 300 a card?
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.