War games red and blue meta

jenkins909
Private

War games red and blue meta

Postby jenkins909 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 17:19

I've been playing this game series since Euro Escalation and I've noticed a trend with the meta that developed inside the fighting factions (Red v Blue), while i have mainly played Red in Red dragon around 95% of my games are red while 5% is blue, i have noticed the key differences between the factions in blue new players are helped by more experienced players and eventually help other new players this in turn makes the blues player base very big and very good compared to the small and shabby red player base this means the obvious blue wins more games red loses more games, red players either start playing blue or just stop playing in general. The reds player base goes something like this new player decides to play red (god help him) hes new so he doesn't know the game mechanics well and therefore isn't good now this is where the big flaw of red shows itself unlike the blue where the new player is taught how to play, the new red player gets none of this he has to teach himself the ropes he gets no help and in turn learns a lot less quickly or in the end just turns out as a below average player the latter is much more common so this new player never completes the circle as he will never teach a new red player the ropes and this in turn creates a much smaller red player base and much worse off player base. i'm not suggesting that Eugen somehow intended to create this but they have managed to replicate the officer structure of PACT in the cold war the commanders (players) have no imitative don't know how to think for themselves and rely on better players that don't exist. I had this conversation over war chat in game but i thought it would also serve well on the forums. i hope this changes the meta of red and (at this point not possible) and maybe will make it so that red players win lose isn't always negative.
Attachments
eah actual i might stop.jpg
Pic very related
eah actual i might stop.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 733 times

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: War games red and blue meta

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 15 Mar 2017 17:23

Hi, and welcome on the forum.

One question: how does someone manages to flip a tank on such a flat ground?

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Postby ToTheMetal » Wed 15 Mar 2017 17:25

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Hi, and welcome on the forum.

One does a really hard turn to either side I guess.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 15 Mar 2017 18:06

ToTheMetal wrote:

One does a really hard turn to either side I guess.

How does a tank end up upside down.PNG
How does a tank end up upside down.PNG (273.88 KiB) Viewed 711 times

Actually trying this in real life :lol: .
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 15 Mar 2017 18:46

jenkins909 wrote:I've been playing this game series since Euro Escalation and I've noticed a trend with the meta that developed inside the fighting factions (Red v Blue), while i have mainly played Red in Red dragon around 95% of my games are red while 5% is blue, i have noticed the key differences between the factions in blue new players are helped by more experienced players and eventually help other new players this in turn makes the blues player base very big and very good compared to the small and shabby red player base this means the obvious blue wins more games red loses more games, red players either start playing blue or just stop playing in general. The reds player base goes something like this new player decides to play red (god help him) hes new so he doesn't know the game mechanics well and therefore isn't good now this is where the big flaw of red shows itself unlike the blue where the new player is taught how to play, the new red player gets none of this he has to teach himself the ropes he gets no help and in turn learns a lot less quickly or in the end just turns out as a below average player the latter is much more common so this new player never completes the circle as he will never teach a new red player the ropes and this in turn creates a much smaller red player base and much worse off player base. i'm not suggesting that Eugen somehow intended to create this but they have managed to replicate the officer structure of PACT in the cold war the commanders (players) have no imitative don't know how to think for themselves and rely on better players that don't exist. I had this conversation over war chat in game but i thought it would also serve well on the forums. i hope this changes the meta of red and (at this point not possible) and maybe will make it so that red players win lose isn't always negative.

False, Oh so very false, the first person to show me the ropes used RedvRed to do so. Also, Nice job flipping that Tank, Was it your work?

James-Bond
Sergeant First-Class

Postby James-Bond » Thu 16 Mar 2017 04:14

Interesting topic,
- I like to play both, I just play whatever team the server puts me on, so that is usually REDFOR.
- But i do notice there are players who seem to exclusively play blue or red.

This is my opinion feel free to expand, i have no facts lol
1) Would most of the Player base be in BLUFOR countries so they are attracted to play as BLUFOR?
so could be a reason why blue seems stacked a lot of the time, as people want to play as their home nation?

2) REDFOR is more predictable than BLUFOR
so on average it is easier to play against REDFOR, because of the fewer countries and less variation of equipment, (T-72's, Hinds, BTR's, MiGs, etc)
while there are more Blue Nations, each different flavours and style of equipment, so you have understand/learn more units strengths weaknesses etc, which makes it more difficult?

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Thu 16 Mar 2017 05:35

I think the guys crouching behind it are trying to figure out the same thing.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 16 Mar 2017 05:41

IIRC tank he was following another tank too close and the other tank braked hard, he didn't, climbed the side of the tank and tipped over.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Thu 16 Mar 2017 06:10

Some of the strongest coalitions currently are Red (if not the majority), so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.

smyljr
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby smyljr » Thu 16 Mar 2017 09:07

did you just call me shabby?
:mid-match connecting(matchmaking), LoS bubble(Ruse), interchangeable loadouts, moving in formations different ranges for altitudes, 1$ price increments, tank/copter ecm, 5/6 weapon slots, and 10 player deathmatch nukemode