About the promised buffs to RD

urogard
Colonel

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby urogard » Sun 14 May 2017 21:51

Razzmann wrote:
keldon wrote:When Mat told me strela tanks are incoming, i thought: "it's gonna be those shitty 30% acc missiles, isn't it?"

And it is probably better that way. If tanks were suddenly "viable" counters to helicopters.... that would be a bit too much.

When was the last time you could get to within 2450m of a tank before worrying about getting shot down?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 15 May 2017 18:00

urogard wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
keldon wrote:When Mat told me strela tanks are incoming, i thought: "it's gonna be those shitty 30% acc missiles, isn't it?"

And it is probably better that way. If tanks were suddenly "viable" counters to helicopters.... that would be a bit too much.

When was the last time you could get to within 2450m of a tank before worrying about getting shot down?

Yesterday, when I chucked some MLRS at a force trying to creep through the woods to stun/panic the AA so I could go in with helos/air.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Mon 15 May 2017 21:45

Fade2Gray wrote:
urogard wrote:
Razzmann wrote:And it is probably better that way. If tanks were suddenly "viable" counters to helicopters.... that would be a bit too much.

Yesterday, when I chucked some MLRS at a force trying to creep through the woods to stun/panic the AA so I could go in with helos/air.

so basically, by your own admission, you panicked their entire force to disable their aa net before being able to get close

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 15 May 2017 23:19

urogard wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Yesterday, when I chucked some MLRS at a force trying to creep through the woods to stun/panic the AA so I could go in with helos/air.

so basically, by your own admission, you panicked their entire force to disable their aa net before being able to get close

You asked him when, did you not? You didn't have any qualifiers to it.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 16 May 2017 03:58

Mike wrote:
urogard wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Yesterday, when I chucked some MLRS at a force trying to creep through the woods to stun/panic the AA so I could go in with helos/air.

I'm now convinced he's arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 16 May 2017 05:28

urogard wrote:so basically, by your own admission, you panicked their entire force to disable their aa net before being able to get close

That's what MLRS' are for!

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 16 May 2017 09:59

Mike wrote:
urogard wrote:

no, I asked razzman when was the last time a tank with iglas strapped to it would have been a threat to his helos and made him approach the situation differently.

fade hadn't done anything differently, would those tanks have had iglas
he still would have shot an mlrs, and would have panicked everything including the AA around them

exactly the thing what I pointed out to razzman
his statement of iglatank being a viable counter to helos makes as much sense as currently iglabus being a threat to helos, not at all.
I don't remember the last time I saw anyone trying to protect their tanks with iglabuses (hint: because it doesn't work)

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 16 May 2017 10:06

Fade2Gray wrote:I'm now convinced he's arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I will always point out logical flaws in everyone's arguments if they use them to persuade anyone of their nonsensical position

such as this case when someone is claiming iglatanks would have any significantly measurable impact on the game
we have strelatanks in the game and noobs aren't stupid enough to even buy those

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 16 May 2017 11:18

urogard wrote:no, I asked razzman when was the last time a tank with iglas strapped to it would have been a threat to his helos and made him approach the situation differently.

Virtually always, practically rarely since I don't use a lot of anti tank helos.
Though my Bushrangers have a really high success rate in my ANZ Armoured ranked games recently. Definitely in the 80-ish %.

Practically it is rarely possible to keep a helo in safe distance from iglas and similarly ranged aa. And if the enemy uses forests and smoke to aggressively push e.g. igla buses forward, you either lose your helo or it is forced to retreat and you can take ground. Works either way.

Also note I said "viable".

urogard wrote:(hint: because it doesn't work)

But it does. Exception being the Longbow in many scenarios.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 16 May 2017 18:24

urogard wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:I'm now convinced he's arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I will always point out logical flaws in everyone's arguments if they use them to persuade anyone of their nonsensical position

Do you always shift goal posts when you get called out by everyone? I mean, tell me, exactly WHAT is the logical flaw(s) I'm supposedly using? Next, explain what makes my position "nonsensical" if you can. Please do without fallacies, if possible.