About the promised buffs to RD

James-Bond
Sergeant First-Class

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby James-Bond » Sun 16 Jul 2017 04:15

Stranger Danger wrote:I feel all this post and similar ones are a giant speculative circle jerk, I mean no word from any EUG member on the forums since the last patch, no acknowledgement of WG:RD being at the least level of balance of the last 2 years due to red and blue cancer DLCs, nothing on the (absurd) pricing of the KPVT and Bushmaster trucks (for opposite reasons) etc etc.

Anything from them would be good, even "We're not supporting this game with patches anymore, deal with it hon hon hon". Instead what we just get "Steel Division's community rocks" type of shit.
Of course they're working on Steel Division (that doesn't even have OSX/Linux support), but I don't think writing something just to show they're here is so resource intensive that they can't actually do that. It just reinforces the feeling that we've been milked with the DLCs, even though this might not have been their original intent. The fact that the rebalancing right after the REDS DLC was done on the goodwill of one staff member is fucking absurd and feels half-assed on their part, just like some of the "balancing" decisions. I'd like to say I trust them to come back and fix the inconsistencies that have been pointed out in many posts, but the truth is I don't, and it's sad since this could probably the best RTS-RTT around for many years to come.

I Disagree with "WG:RD being at the least level of balance of the last 2 years"
yes there are some issues with DLC pricing etc.

I think the DLC have added nice variety. Especially for RedFor.
Most peoples default choice is Russia.
if you like SF or Shock Inf, NSWP.
If you like to punish yourself, you pick Red Dragons.

YUG tanks has accurate stabilized tanks. Finland has good variety of recon units etc
& the new coalitions are good, as they involve nations you don't see to often as national (CZ + POL)

ps I own the DLCs, but I like to play as NSWP + CMW most.

Stranger Danger
Private

Postby Stranger Danger » Thu 20 Jul 2017 17:37

James-Bond wrote:I Disagree with "WG:RD being at the least level of balance of the last 2 years"
yes there are some issues with DLC pricing etc.

I think the DLC have added nice variety. Especially for RedFor.
Most peoples default choice is Russia.
if you like SF or Shock Inf, NSWP.
If you like to punish yourself, you pick Red Dragons.

YUG tanks has accurate stabilized tanks. Finland has good variety of recon units etc
& the new coalitions are good, as they involve nations you don't see to often as national (CZ + POL)

ps I own the DLCs, but I like to play as NSWP + CMW most.

I was talking mainly about the Finnish bushmaster spam, that thing outclasses anything in its price range, be it in the recon or in the infantry tab. The cancer mig-29s, the L-19, Entente vs NSWP availability, Magical 4 AP 30mm autocannons, tzefas killing everything despite being outranged by most AA helos, maglan/merkava spam etc... all came with the dlcs, and that's what I mean with "the least level of balance in the last 2 years", let's not count the 10 men maglans because that lasted like a fart in front of a fan.

I don't argue that they brought variety to a game, I'm just arguing that they're on an entirely different power level than the existing nation, that it's just too easy using them to win against "vanilla" coalitions and that the whole policy of throwing a DLC and not sticking around AS DEVELOPERS for at least 2 months is just bad behaviour towards customers.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 20 Jul 2017 17:54

Stranger Danger wrote:I was talking mainly about the Finnish bushmaster spam, that thing outclasses anything in its price range, be it in the recon or in the infantry tab. The cancer mig-29s, the L-19, Entente vs NSWP availability, Magical 4 AP 30mm autocannons, tzefas killing everything despite being outranged by most AA helos, maglan/merkava spam etc... all came with the dlcs, and that's what I mean with "the least level of balance in the last 2 years", let's not count the 10 men maglans because that lasted like a fart in front of a fan.

I don't argue that they brought variety to a game, I'm just arguing that they're on an entirely different power level than the existing nation, that it's just too easy using them to win against "vanilla" coalitions and that the whole policy of throwing a DLC and not sticking around AS DEVELOPERS for at least 2 months is just bad behaviour towards customers.

Stinger Cobras are insanely powerful, but that's if they actually win the engagement and can turn their Vulcans onto transports or whatever. Chinese AA copters do unspeakable things to them, more so if you take a Hind to soak the opening missile exchange.

Overall though, yeah the DLCs do need another balance patch or two. That EUGEN dumped them on us and didn't stick around longer is pretty disappointing. At least they trimmed back some of the OPness, but not all of it.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 21 Jul 2017 02:54

Rd only reason to be picked

Ty90
Sigh
Of Salt