About the promised buffs to RD

urogard
Colonel

About the promised buffs to RD

Postby urogard » Mon 17 Apr 2017 22:07

The questions:
Is anyone actively working towards another balance patch or not?
Is it realistic to provide any other information anytime in the coming weeks/months?

The original post on 28th November 2016
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58856

[EUG]MadMat wrote:But now, with two more REDFOR coalitions about to be added, we've decided to deal with the matter, and by the most efficient way: SOVKOR shall die.
Hence, enjoy this coalition as long as you can for, alongside the upcoming Double Nation Pack: Reds will be released a patch deleting SOVKOR, and focusing on buffing the Red Dragons coalition. And you might actually have some surprise .... ;)

This was over 4 months ago, and more than 3 months since the last balance patch.

Since then the buffs to RD were limited to giving Lie Ren a much better RPG and turning the Strelabus into an Iglabus. Both seriously welcome changes but nothing in the departments which are commonly agreed upon as lacking (100-120 pts tanks, 10 sec arty, viable ASF, decent bomber, cost effective infantry next to overpriced Lu Zhandui and underperforming NK RPD)

Spoiler : Full list of RD Changes 30 Dec :
CHINA:
- ZTS-63-I's missing MG added.
- Liè Rén now carry Type 69-1 rockets instead of basic Type 69
- ZTZ-80, ZTZ-88B and ZTZ-88A main gun loadout increased from 21 to 30 rounds
- ZTZ-85-II main gun loadout increased from 21 to 28 rounds
- ZTZ-85-IIA main gun loadout reduced from 28 to 21 rounds
- ZTZ-85-III main gun loadout reduced from 28 to 21 rounds

N-KOREA:
- Type 63's missing MG added.
- ZSU-23-4 speed fixed to 50km/h like all the other Shilka's.
- VTT-323 120mm front armour fixed from 1 to 2, as should have been since the APC rebalance patch.
- T-62D price reduced from 30$ to 25$
- Type 59 price reduced from 30$ to 25$
- Ch'onma-ho V no longer available to Marines & Support decks.
- Type 85 Susong-Po front armor increased 1 to 2, autonomy set at 500km, speed at 65 km/h, as other VTT series vehicles
- VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong's Strela 1 replaced by a Igla
- VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong air optics (non displayed) increased to Good
- VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong service date moved to 1989 and prototyped
- VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong price increased to 20$, availability reduced by one step
- Jeongchaldae's Zastava M76 accuracy increased from 85% to 95% (as all other sniper rifles)
- Tokchon 122mm rate of fire increased
- Tokchon 130mm RoF increased, dispersion reduced to 4550m, price increased from 85$ to 95$

Spoiler : Full list of RD Changes 01 Dec :
N-KOREA:
* Yuckjeondae MG fixed, they used the shock version
* M1992's Konkurs loadout increased from 4 to 8
* Mig-23ML price fixed from 95$ to 85$
* NEW Ch'onma-Ho IV brought back from the dead, between the ChoHo II & V, with its previous stats ... + a Strela-2 launcher strapped on it. Set as proto.
* NEW Type 59-IB (custom name) added, as a late Type 59-I with improved gun + ... + a Strela-2 launcher strapped on it. Set as proto.

CHINA:
* WZ-551 frontal armor increased from 1 to 2
* PGZ-95 speed increased from 55 to 70kmh
* PGZ-95 time between missles reduced from 6 to 2sec
* Z-9A HJ-8 price decreased from 70$ to 60$
* Su-27SK's R-57R1 loadout reduced from 6 to 4, price reduced from 150$ to 135$, availability set to 3.0.0.2.0
* JH-7 price reduced from 130$ to 120$, veterancy increased by one step.
* ZTZ-88 renamed ZTZ-80 and separated from the ZTZ-85 family.
* NEW ZTZ-88B added, as ZTZ-80's successor.
* NEW ZTZ-88A added, as ZTZ-88B (not a typo)'s successor. Set as proto.

The fact that you have to focus on SD to fill the war chest which got depleted by the unfortunate event called AoA is not under debate. But is it possible not to leave RD hanging out to dry?
Last edited by urogard on Sat 29 Apr 2017 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 17 Apr 2017 22:53

If I remember correctly, the last patch was done purely on FLX's good will, and he was working on it after hours. So at least we got something.

At the moment, SD is a priority, so I don't expect anything in the next few months for Wargame.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 17 Apr 2017 23:34

It'll be interesting to see what happens once Steel division goes to full release, its hard to see the DLC model working well for SD because it is a fairly tight and focussed game relative to Red Dragon.

Personally i think the only way we'll see further patches for RD is if they do another nation DLC, not that i would be at all upset if i was completely wrong and it gets some love further down the line.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 18 Apr 2017 00:03

captaincarnage wrote:It'll be interesting to see what happens once Steel division goes to full release, its hard to see the DLC model working well for SD because it is a fairly tight and focussed game relative to Red Dragon.

The AI seems to be infinitely better than RD's, so it's going to have a much better shelf life and a lot easier for people to get into since they actually have something competent to practice against before dipping their feet into the cesspool called online multiplayer. Hence more sales without the need for DLC's

The fact that you can then ignore the restriction for fighting in only Normandy and just slap on DLC's paradox style for literally all countries on earth means that SD could, if such a decision is made, become another game in Paradox's portfolio where the DLCs exceed the cost of the original game by a considerable margin.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 18 Apr 2017 03:59

HrcAk47 wrote:If I remember correctly, the last patch was done purely on FLX's good will, and he was working on it after hours. So at least we got something.

At the moment, SD is a priority, so I don't expect anything in the next few months for Wargame.

If at all.
Courtesy of KattiValk

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Tue 18 Apr 2017 04:07

Eugen did great with wargame I would have said I had unconditional loyalty to them before the paid DLC. But even barring that they did a great job.

I would rather see Yugo/Finland nerf then a dragon buff though.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 18 Apr 2017 04:09

thelizardofdoom wrote:Eugen did great with wargame I would have said I had unconditional loyalty to them before the paid DLC. But even barring that they did a great job.

Gotta keep the Norks down!
Courtesy of KattiValk

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 18 Apr 2017 13:55

thelizardofdoom wrote:Eugen did great with wargame I would have said I had unconditional loyalty to them before the paid DLC. But even barring that they did a great job.

t. blufor player :lol:
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Tue 18 Apr 2017 15:45

thelizardofdoom wrote:I would rather see Yugo/Finland nerf then a dragon buff though.

How many % of your games do you play as red dragons (or one of the two national decks) on PACT side and how many % as blue dragons (or one of the two national decks) on NATO side?

To be clear, I'm expecting a rough estimate expressed in numbers. Saying "often enough" is meaningless and will confirm my opinion about your understanding of that matter.

Fodder
Master Sergeant

Postby Fodder » Tue 18 Apr 2017 20:01

HrcAk47 wrote:

t. blufor player :lol:

XD :lol: