About the promised buffs to RD

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat 2 Apr 2016 10:15
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby thelizardofdoom » Fri 12 May 2017 06:36

throwaway wrote:
thelizardofdoom wrote:Also I would like to take a moment of silence for BD......

Interesting that you'd request the most efficient line as a fix for RD, and then mourn BD, who currently have the most efficient line.


Well lets be honest, their is no way most of these suggestions would even be considered. At least buffing inf is something that could be done with a simple state change and more likely to be done. I would rather have something crap then nothing at all.

I mourn BD because they are never mentioned. Maybe it is because they are worst NATO faction but they still aren't competitive.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

urogard
Colonel
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby urogard » Fri 12 May 2017 07:28

thelizardofdoom wrote:I mourn BD because they are never mentioned. Maybe it is because they are worst NATO faction but they still aren't competitive.

could try to justify your position?

because as I said already, with the carbine rework, BD has experienced some nice inf/recon SF buffs.
BD inf lineup is great, what I'd consider perfectly balanced. If you call them bad maybe because they don't get any fancy toys, but they have literally everything you need for a good price with good transport options.
tanks are great, 2 cards of Kyu-Maru, although if leclerc is 3 per card I don't get why Kyu-Maru isn't as well.
wonderful ASF, Sead and bombers and still a decent atgm/lgb, no worse than what scandi gets.
the ONLY weakness is no reasonable long range AA options vs planes, though you're good vs helos.
great range of arty options

I use them a lot, the reason others don't is probably because, as I said, that they get no fancy tricks-units like longbow, nasams, otomatic, lance, cluster, true superheavy which is what most people want to use in lobbys.

but it's a perfectly viable faction which has everything one needs with competitive pricing and capability (except long range AA).
That's also the reason why RD is sucky, except for T-90S and recon tab everything else is sub par either by being overpriced or underperforming.

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby Razzmann » Fri 12 May 2017 11:40

urogard wrote:no worse than what scandi gets.

Not very meaningful, Scandi airtab does not have much to write home about.

throwaway
Lieutenant
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2015 21:23
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby throwaway » Fri 12 May 2017 11:57

Razzmann wrote: Scandi airtab does not have much to write home about.

The only part that isn't exceptional is the AT plane :?

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby Razzmann » Fri 12 May 2017 11:59

throwaway wrote:
Razzmann wrote: Scandi airtab does not have much to write home about.

The only part that isn't exceptional is the AT plane :?

ASFs and SEAD are not among the best options for team games imo.
Though I can see where you're coming from, I was too harsh on that.

User avatar
HrcAk47
Colonel
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat 3 May 2014 18:00
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby HrcAk47 » Fri 12 May 2017 14:33

Razzmann wrote:
throwaway wrote:
Razzmann wrote: Scandi airtab does not have much to write home about.

The only part that isn't exceptional is the AT plane :?

ASFs and SEAD are not among the best options for team games imo.
Though I can see where you're coming from, I was too harsh on that.


Scandi air tab is only held back by 4HE on AIM-9L. But that holds back quite a number of other nation planes too.

I think Keldon would scream from joy if RDs had Scandi-like air tab :D

Also, SEAD isn't vital, IMO.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

urogard
Colonel
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby urogard » Fri 12 May 2017 15:05

HrcAk47 wrote:Also, SEAD isn't vital, IMO.

in my experience a card of 5-7 pieces of 45 pts sacrificial planes to send ahead of atgm/bomber is a lot more useful for protecting atgm/bomber than sead planes.

urogard
Colonel
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby urogard » Fri 12 May 2017 15:07

throwaway wrote:
Razzmann wrote: Scandi airtab does not have much to write home about.

The only part that isn't exceptional is the AT plane :?

but they get rofl-lol mjöllner clusters ...

if only cluster bombers weren't complete shit

throwaway
Lieutenant
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2015 21:23
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby throwaway » Fri 12 May 2017 16:33

urogard wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:Also, SEAD isn't vital, IMO.

in my experience a card of 5-7 pieces of 45 pts sacrificial planes to send ahead of atgm/bomber is a lot more useful for protecting atgm/bomber than sead planes.


I prefer cheap sead because you can actually buy it with a bomber, repair it in time for every strike, and rebuy it if it dies. That's why I disagree on your appraisal of BD's SEAD as "wonderful", and why su-24 is a good plane despite low ECM. Try it instead of this 45pt plane stuff. Or don't, I'm not sure but I'm getting the impression that you play some sort of campy mode, and they aren't good there.

Regarding your appraisal of BD:
BDs infantry tab has a problem in that they lack high AP options. Your only option is haebyung 90, and because they're inefficient you'll only see them in numbers (or at all) after it's clear that the enemy is using tanks aggressively. Unlike, say, LSTR or legion 90, which are great units on their own and guaranteed to be around. I think RPG reach is also underrated by eugen, there's a noticeable difference in playstyle between decks with 875m and decks without, not to get started on 1050m - eryx would be meta even if it only had 20AP. Both BD and RD have the low-AP low-range thing going on, but the nuances are quite different.

I think your appraisal of BD is a bit too black-and-white. You've decided that they're competitive, so all their tabs are the bee's knees and their only lack is that there's no fancy stuff and that hawks should be a bit cheaper. No, they actually have a lot of weaknesses that you're overlooking. But they're there, they (for the most part) don't prevent the deck from being competitive, and you'll only remember them when you no longer like BD. RD is the opposite - everything is a weakness, including the line infantry (equipped with the best IFV in the game currently) and the bomber (second-best in the game).

Both decks could use buffs, but neither has to be flawless to be competitive. As you said, it's really more a problem in lacking reasons to put up with the weaknesses - not enough unicorns - than in lacking basic competencies. A deck can also be made good by removing all the holes and making it good at the basics, of course, but then you get NSWP and it's boring to have more than one NSWP in the game.

Spoiler : :
[It's why I dislike the mg standardization and calls for infantry buffs, and it's also a possible failure mode for faustmann mod, but I think Razz already has one leg on the unicorn train, now he just needs to slip and fall in]


I hope eugen go for buffs that emphasize the use of ninja and ty-90, of b-5, of type 63 and ztq and the korean recon atgm thing.

User avatar
47andrej
Lieutenant
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 19:22
Contact:

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby 47andrej » Fri 12 May 2017 18:14

BD is not a tryhard meta but a very solide deck. KF-16C (6xFF AMRAAM, 40 ECM, speed, veterancy and and and for 130 points) would cause whole rivers of tears if being in Soviet/Yugo/Israel/Commonwealth deck. Kyu-Maru and SK line infantry/marines, Tan Sam are also top tier units.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests