Page 19 of 20

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Tue 16 May 2017 22:38
by urogard
Fade2Gray wrote:Do you always shift goal posts when you get called out by everyone? I mean, tell me, exactly WHAT is the logical flaw(s) I'm supposedly using? Next, explain what makes my position "nonsensical" if you can. Please do without fallacies, if possible.

Please clarify what position are you talking about, just so we start from the same point.

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Tue 16 May 2017 23:13
by Fade2Gray
urogard wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Do you always shift goal posts when you get called out by everyone? I mean, tell me, exactly WHAT is the logical flaw(s) I'm supposedly using? Next, explain what makes my position "nonsensical" if you can. Please do without fallacies, if possible.

Please clarify what position are you talking about, just so we start from the same point.


urogard wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:I'm now convinced he's arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I will always point out logical flaws in everyone's arguments if they use them to persuade anyone of their nonsensical position

such as this case when someone is claiming iglatanks would have any significantly measurable impact on the game
we have strelatanks in the game and noobs aren't stupid enough to even buy those

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Wed 17 May 2017 22:12
by thelizardofdoom
I think people are underestimating the utility of the steels buses. No one buys them because they need good quality AA. They buy them to have cheap AA to keep cheap/reckless helps at bay.

And even against high level helos, if you attack a Longbow with a 80+ point AA, when you lose one that is a big deal. Losing even 3 steels buses and getting th Longbow is more than worth it.

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Thu 18 May 2017 08:01
by Fade2Gray
thelizardofdoom wrote:I think people are underestimating the utility of the steels buses. No one buys them because they need good quality AA. They buy them to have cheap AA to keep cheap/reckless helps at bay.

And even against high level helos, if you attack a Longbow with a 80+ point AA, when you lose one that is a big deal. Losing even 3 steels buses and getting th Longbow is more than worth it.


Iglabuses and Strelatonks only work against LOLbows from an ambush, or if someone is really bad at micro. Well, both of them translate into really bad micro if you kill one with units that have super short range.

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Fri 19 May 2017 15:06
by thelizardofdoom
Fade2Gray wrote:
Iglabuses and Strelatonks only work against LOLbows from an ambush, or if someone is really bad at micro. Well, both of them translate into really bad micro if you kill one with units that have super short range.


That's what im saying ambushes and such. It can also be good as a psychological factor if they take a shot at planes every now and then.

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Fri 19 May 2017 17:01
by Grabbed_by_the_Spets
Fade2Gray wrote:Iglabuses and Strelatonks only work against LOLbows from an ambush, or if someone is really bad at micro. Well, both of them translate into really bad micro if you kill one with units that have super short range.


It's always feels nice when a bunch of Strela/igla buses smack down a helicopter/jet sortie that got a little bit too cocky!

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Fri 19 May 2017 20:45
by Fade2Gray
I'm starting to wish RD had some sort of cheap mass screen setter. No, not mortars, they eat supplies and do not cover a big enough area fast enough. Something like an MLRS smoker.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Iglabuses and Strelatonks only work against LOLbows from an ambush, or if someone is really bad at micro. Well, both of them translate into really bad micro if you kill one with units that have super short range.


It's always feels nice when a bunch of Strela/igla buses smack down a helicopter/jet sortie that got a little bit too cocky!

Do you even still play WGRD anymore? :P

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Fri 19 May 2017 21:43
by Grabbed_by_the_Spets
Fade2Gray wrote:Do you even still play WGRD anymore? :P


Not really anymore, people either kick me, or move me other side, honestly I can't really play anymore cause of my shitty K:D (from pub stomps.) or because people shove me in automatically in the losing team.

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Fri 19 May 2017 23:24
by FrangibleCover
Fade2Gray wrote:Something like an MLRS smoker.

Bring back smoke rocket aircraft!

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Posted: Fri 19 May 2017 23:54
by Fade2Gray
FrangibleCover wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Something like an MLRS smoker.

Bring back smoke rocket aircraft!

You know, with all these trash rocket planes that RD has, that would be amazing to have if you reroled one.. Give it a massive rocket payload, really horribad ACC so it spreads them all over, and it would be pretty unique and flavorful.