The Art of Soviet Airborne [Reboot Edition]

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Re: The Art of Soviet Airborne [Reboot Edition]

Postby Holy_crap » Fri 30 Jun 2017 07:16

Fade2Gray wrote:
Holy_crap wrote:There was also the ZPTU-4 AA.

Refresh my memory on that one, I only remember a few of his zany "theories."

"NATO helo rushers wig about strelas and iglas, but they never expect a zptu-4"
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 30 Jun 2017 09:43

Fade2Gray wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:I still remember when he posted some nutty ass theory and even MS painted up a bunch of maps to prove it. Oh well, BUKs = SSM arty FTW! Flying Mot Schutzen! 100% OP or your money back!

Yeah I already mentioned that. I'm almost tempted to troll through his posts and see what other gems I can find...

Whoops my b :lol:

cuski
Sergeant

Postby cuski » Fri 30 Jun 2017 18:49

Fade2Gray wrote:Yeah I already mentioned that. I'm almost tempted to troll through his posts and see what other gems I can find...

I embarked on that quest... gave up when I saw there's 184 pages worth of posts...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 30 Jun 2017 19:22

cuski wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Yeah I already mentioned that. I'm almost tempted to troll through his posts and see what other gems I can find...

I embarked on that quest... gave up when I saw there's 184 pages worth of posts...

Woah...

well good sir I salute you for your bravery in such an endeavor.

Razzmann wrote:Whoops my b :lol:

Testing my faith in Roki again? :lol:
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

thelizardofdoom
Staff Sergeant

Postby thelizardofdoom » Sat 1 Jul 2017 03:22

I hadn't joined the forum back then but I was reading it. I have to say im still sad he got banned. Watching you guys react to him always made me laugh a lot.

I still kinda think it was an overreaction to......being banned for being dumb? Kinda rough....
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 1 Jul 2017 03:53

thelizardofdoom wrote:I hadn't joined the forum back then but I was reading it. I have to say im still sad he got banned. Watching you guys react to him always made me laugh a lot.

I still kinda think it was an overreaction to......being banned for being dumb? Kinda rough....

He was certainly the best of us..... in a certain way

Definitely missed him the most for banned ppl
Of Salt

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Sun 2 Jul 2017 06:54

another505 wrote:
thelizardofdoom wrote:I hadn't joined the forum back then but I was reading it. I have to say im still sad he got banned. Watching you guys react to him always made me laugh a lot.

Well, I think his more insane idea with the Mi-24D has some merit, although it almost is like a meme cult. But, then again I hate facing him as well. :evil:

From what I heard, even when he was temp banned; he was on Wargame forums reading up on subjects, then when he was allowed back on, he would open up the month old discussions. :shock:

He probably stepped on a moderators toes from what I have heard, but eh. Who is to trust whom. ;)

But, I test other stuff, some of it probably is nothing and is older builds, so who knows.

Did he even do Beta?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 2 Jul 2017 17:01

another505 wrote:

One of the devs even took notice of him. I think it was FLX? He was like "oh do tell me more..." but then orcbuster came out of nowhere and went "NOPE!" and that was that.

Takes some legendary shitposting for the devs to actually take notice, ha.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

James-Bond
Sergeant First-Class

Postby James-Bond » Fri 14 Jul 2017 02:10

Got a few Plane related questions
A plane with Exceptional Air Detection, what distance does it detect planes with Medium stealth?
(Also if 'feels' like a Rafale has better medium stealth than others and can blindside my ASF.)

Do SEAD planes all have the same detection distances of RADAR weapons which are turned on?

Do Semi-Active missiles need the nose of the plane pointed roughly forward to keep aim?
someone said that, never took notice to see if it's true, although my Polish MiG-29 feels more accurate when they are chasing a plane.

Also is it me or has Soviet airborne deck gotten more popular recently?

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 03:35

James-Bond wrote:Got a few Plane related questions
A plane with Exceptional Air Detection, what distance does it detect planes with Medium stealth?
(Also if 'feels' like a Rafale has better medium stealth than others and can blindside my ASF.)

Do SEAD planes all have the same detection distances of RADAR weapons which are turned on?

Do Semi-Active missiles need the nose of the plane pointed roughly forward to keep aim?
someone said that, never took notice to see if it's true, although my Polish MiG-29 feels more accurate when they are chasing a plane.

Also is it me or has Soviet airborne deck gotten more popular recently?

I cant answer about the sead or optic one but there is a mod that reads the game files and its easy to use. Need to search for it or someone else can answer

About rafale stealth, asfaik mig29m medium stealth is only half of the normal medium stealth plane so maybe you are comparing the two?
But anyways the stealth of rafale is a huge advantage that i think people underrate and instead care about the 2 extra mraam tht su27pu carries. Its ability loiter behind the frontline unseen is a trap to enemy player, luring them a sense of safety with his bombers and so on

Also ps planes disappearing due to stealth is still tracked by missiles that were able to launch before disappearing

SA missile does not need to point its noise to guide, so you can fire it and turn away

Lol who knows, maybe because of this thread
Of Salt