West-Germany (or hoping without hope)

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Re: West-Germany (or hoping without hope)

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Thu 7 Sep 2017 15:23

QUAD wrote:give Jager better primary (ferspaher weapon) to make them slightly better at grinding.

Make Jäger 5 points cheaper, as they were, and the problem is solved. 1 good unit for germany...
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Thu 7 Sep 2017 18:00

Nathan des Lessings wrote:
QUAD wrote:give Jager better primary (ferspaher weapon) to make them slightly better at grinding.

Make Jäger 5 points cheaper, as they were, and the problem is solved. 1 good unit for germany...

Underpricing units for flavor is autistic. Every other rts game has units balanced by utility and price
BUFF USA

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Thu 7 Sep 2017 19:06

QUAD wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:Make Jäger 5 points cheaper, as they were, and the problem is solved. 1 good unit for germany...

Underpricing units for flavor is autistic. Every other rts game has units balanced by utility and price

And yet for some reason, every time there's a thread advocating for hard price standardization of any category of units some brain damaged person comes and says shit like "giving a nation asymmetric pricing in different tabs is a form of balance" on every second page. Makes one think that people don't actually want real balance.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Thu 7 Sep 2017 21:10

Although I'd argue that increasing price of the M-84AN by 10 points doesn't really make much difference in general scheme of things.

antred
Sergeant First-Class

Postby antred » Fri 8 Sep 2017 18:11

QUAD wrote:and recon Tigre loadout is stupid

What? Why?? I like the loadout as is. Keeping in mind that this is primarily a recon chopper, it can fight all 3 types of threats adequately. Stingers to assassinate a chopper if needed, rocket pods to kill the occasional infantry squad, and ATGMs to kill a tank or two. Perfect the way it is.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Fri 8 Sep 2017 21:24

urogard wrote:
QUAD wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:Make Jäger 5 points cheaper, as they were, and the problem is solved. 1 good unit for germany...

And yet for some reason, every time there's a thread advocating for hard price standardization of any category of units some brain damaged person comes and says shit like "giving a nation asymmetric pricing in different tabs is a form of balance" on every second page. Makes one think that people don't actually want real balance.

I feel like much of the playerbase doesn't have a serious background in other strategy games beyond total war.
BUFF USA

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sat 9 Sep 2017 02:06

QUAD wrote:I feel like much of the playerbase doesn't have a serious background in other strategy games beyond total war.

Anything specific for why you feel that way? I for example have an extensive background in strategy games, though it is a possibility that I am an exception in this regard, especially when considering that Wargame plays quite differently compared to basically any other strategy game on the market.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sat 9 Sep 2017 03:13

XanderTuron wrote:
QUAD wrote:I feel like much of the playerbase doesn't have a serious background in other strategy games beyond total war.

Anything specific for why you feel that way? I for example have an extensive background in strategy games, though it is a possibility that I am an exception in this regard, especially when considering that Wargame plays quite differently compared to basically any other strategy game on the market.

because alot of balance arguments i see thrown around don't make coherent sense and alot of basic rts principles like scouting and unit comp and cost effiency is abandoned in favor of ppl attempting either real life tactics, or blindly copying the wg meta. (the former is 10v10 players who use marine and airborne decks with names like "10th airborne air assault brigade", and the latter are those that have great records and stomp pubs but aren't really good at the game whatsoever.)
BUFF USA

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sat 9 Sep 2017 03:25

QUAD wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:because alot of balance arguments i see thrown around don't make coherent sense and alot of basic rts principles like scouting and unit comp and cost effiency is abandoned in favor of ppl attempting either real life tactics, or blindly copying the wg meta. (the former is 10v10 players who use marine and airborne decks with names like "10th airborne air assault brigade", and the latter are those that have great records and stomp pubs but aren't really good at the game whatsoever.)

Fair enough; there are a lot of muppets who make terrible balance suggestions while not being good at the game.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Sat 9 Sep 2017 13:57

Keiler in no way deserves 13 FAV it was worse armored that T-64A, which is 11.