Broken Stuff that Needs Fixing ASAP

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Broken Stuff that Needs Fixing ASAP

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 19 Aug 2017 22:33

By now I have pretty much given up on the very needed balance patch for the last two DLC nations and possibly some final balance tweaks. So my only appeal to Eugen would be to fix the broken units that are in (dire) need of adjustment. See the list below and feel free to add units or discuss those on the list.

>>>Disclaimer: Please don't start an entire new/old Yugo balance discussion in here!<<<

Edit: Updated unit list and unit descriptions.

Finnish MiG-29
Spoiler : :
The ripple fire needs to go. Its completely broken in smaller games, particularly in 1v1. Make it into a regular MiG-29 clone, be it with F&F missiles, SA missiles or something entirely new. I don't care what.

Jääkäri '90
As I heard, the MG is pretty broken. If that is still the case, this needs to be fixed or the unit should receive the same treatment as Jäger (aka adding five points). Remove availability to XA-185KT.

Finnish BMP-1
Should be the same price as the East-German BMP-1.

T-72M1PÄIV
Something needs to be done with that unit in my opinion. As much as I enjoy using it, the mechanized availability needs to be removed. Any further nerfs are open for debate, but I would say that a reduction of units per card would also be in order.

Mi-8KT
The cannons need to be fixed. Also, speed needs to be adjusted to match other Mi-8 models.

M-84A
This thing at least needs a price nerf to compensate for its cost-effectiveness. Rate of fire reduction to 8rpm should also help.

M-84AN
Yeah, no idea what to do about this thing. Pretty damn broken, maybe an additional price nerf? A removal of stealth could also help making this unit less cancerious.

N-62M Super Galeb
This has been discussed several times over. Still too cost effective. Speed reduction to 750 or 600km/h. ATGM accuracy could also be looked at.

Zelda (ISR Transport)
Price increase to 10 points. Its simply too cost effective and a slightly increased price might stop it from being a no-brainer compared to the less well armored counterpart.

Merkava IIA
Remove the AGL already and give it some more ammo in exchange. Put the 40mm on the Nagmachon (with obvious price increase to 15-20 points). That will give you a less cancerous infantry fight against Israel.

Mag'ach 7C Gimel
Price increase to 100 points.

Kurnass
Price increase to 140-145 points. Its too cost-effective, particularly in smaller games.

>>>Additional units that people have suggested below<<<

Nimrod
As Eugen is known to not delete existing units, I would say an AP nerf to 27 for less lethality would be in order. Price stays the same. If further nerfs are needed, an availability nerf to two per card might also be viable.

BVP-M80A
Accuracy nerf to 25-20 per cent and ability to shoot ATGM and gun at the same time removed.

M-60PB
General FAV increase of the APC type to two or three. Price nerf of the PB to 15 points.

Hawk (FIN attack plane)
Way too cost effective. Prince nerf to 70 points is warranted.

M-87 Orkan
Availbility nerf to one per card. Minimum range and aimtime should be adjusted to match that of the BM-30.

XA-185
Either nerf its price to 20 points or remove availability from all units in the infantry tab.
Last edited by Shifu on Sun 3 Sep 2017 12:01, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: language

integ3r
Lieutenant

Re: Broken Shit that Needs Fixing ASAP

Postby integ3r » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:00

Markenzwieback wrote:
>>>Disclaimer: Please don't start an entire new/old Yugo balance discussion in here!<<<

For such a fatalistic title, only yugo really is that pay2win. Just about every single unit in there is explicitly designed to be the most meta and cost-effective thing, disregarding all previous rules. Not even mad about finland.
Last edited by integ3r on Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:02

How about the Nimrod? also there is a 15 point atgm vehicle that actually has pretty fast missiles (for Finland I think) or I am seeing things. Had nothing to compare it to at same time

I don't like Finland supply, why more 10 point trucks? It's redundant. Kinda like Dutch Leopard 2s, You'd think Netherlands would have navy marine deck with Germany,.
Last edited by chykka on Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

Sigirdiwarth
Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:10

Eugen this is completely unacceptable, he lost while playing HATO :lol:
pls fix immediately or I uninstall the game :lol:

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:16

integ3r wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:

For such a fatalistic title, only yugo really is that pay2win. Just about every single unit in there is explicitly designed to be the most meta and cost-effective thing, disregarding all previous rules. Not even mad about finland.

While I agree, I was still hoping for a constructive and civil discussion. ;)

chykka wrote:How about the Nimrod?

Honestly no idea what do with it. Have yet to see it more than two times in rounds played. But I agree, it should be on the list. Maybe the AP could be toned down to 27 (or even 26), making it a little less lethal.

chykka wrote:also there is a 15 point atgm vehicle that actually has pretty fast missiles. Not spike fast but faster than other of same price.

Which one are you talking about?

Sigirdiwarth wrote:Eugen this is completely unacceptable, he lost while playing HATO :lol:
pls fix asap or I uninstall the game :lol:

Its not like there is also Israeli units on the list. But thanks for the constructive criticism...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:26

integ3r wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:

I disagree, Baltic, Entente and Israel all fit that. Yugo alone is not even that broken, with all stuff put into line it would not be that strong (Entente still would be).

Sigirdiwarth
Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:28

Markenzwieback wrote:Its not like there is also Israeli units on the list. But thanks for the constructive criticism...

Giving a grenade launcher to an armored and cheap transport, such nerf! You're going too far, it would truly kill israel's competitiveness :lol:

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:31

Sigirdiwarth wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:Its not like there is also Israeli units on the list. But thanks for the constructive criticism...

Giving a grenade launcher to an armored and cheap transport, such nerf! You're going too far, it would truly kill israel's competitiveness :lol:

Taking it from a heavily armored vehicle that even high-end infantry takes several shots to kill and putting it on a less armored vehicle that almost all high-end infantry should be able to take out with one shot is a nerf in my eyes. Availability and price adjustments obviously need to happen, which I also mentioned in the OP.

And the point is not to kill Israel's competitiveness, but to reduce it. Taking away all heavy-IFV mounted AGLs would harm Israels ability to grind out fights in CQC quite a bit.

alfred
Corporal

Postby alfred » Sat 19 Aug 2017 23:50

Eugen took the money and ran away, what do you want exactly?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 20 Aug 2017 00:10

I've been thinking of a personal "last patch list" myself. My personal thoughts on the things I disagree with:

Jääkäri '90
Reduce accuracy of the line version of the KK by 5% imo, allows the Jääkäri '90 to stay at 10points and would keep the flavour of being the only upgraded redfor line infantry for 10pts. Maybe remove the KT as a transport as well.

Finnish BMP-1
I'd personally like to see a Grom nerf and get the Bmp-1 back at 10pts but I can see if people would be against that, so this works too.

T-72M1PÄIV
I honestly don't know how to feel about this tank. It can get killed so easily, but it can also punish heavy tanks so hard if they get "massed up" to 3 or more.

Mi-8KT
The speed also has to get fixed, it is faster than any other Mi-8 for no reason.

M-84A
I don't think it should get price nerfed honestly. First, apparently all M-84s should apparently only have 8rpm, which would massively reduce its power - and warrant a price buff. Also if the other problemantic units get brought into line, nerfing this would probably just be too much. Just nerf it to 8rpm and price buff the base M-84.

M-84AN
Honestly I don't think that unit is too big of a deal, but I am one of the few ones I think. Considering it is the only recon tank of this "heavieness" and unique in that way, it can also be unique by not having stealth.

N-62M Super Galeb
Increase T.o.T. for speed reduction though, also nerf turn radius. Accuracy too maybe.

Zelda (ISR Transport)
Or give it a very noticable availability hit, so it is only really useful for ATGM teams / manpads or in mech.

Merkava IIA
I havem't reallly seen this suggestion a whole ton and it took me myself also a long time to come up with it (I think it was someone else who suggested it too). But why not change the main gun to HEAT? Slightly price buff even maybe or give back 14 shots. That way it still fullfills the same role, but at least it can now be properly countered by tanks.

Mag'ach 7C Gimel
Honestly just price nerf it to 100pts. Let's not get overboard with nerfs. It will still be very good, but decks need very good units to be worth picking.

Stuff that is imo missing:

BVP-M80A: Nerf accuracy on AC and remove availability to fire both AC and ATGM at the same time (also do that to the Finnish recon BMP-1).
M-60PB: Increase FAV of all M-60s to 2 or 3 and nerf the PB to 15pts.
Finnish Hawk: Increase price to 70pts.
Anafa: Increase price to 20pts REEEEEEEEE
Telak 91: Change price and availability to the same as MSTA and remove from Mech.

I might have forgotten something.
Last edited by Razzmann on Sun 20 Aug 2017 16:01, edited 1 time in total.