Increasing player base in WG4

molnibalage
General

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby molnibalage » Tue 19 Sep 2017 10:21

Nathan des Lessings wrote:
urogard wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:I'd like it, if they stay with the SD 44 system of mapcontrol instead of the zones in WrD.

No thank you, letting enemy know where my units are without the enemy even needing recon units is a bullshit idea to begin with. No need to promote it any further than in that one experiment.

What they should have done instead is expand all zones to cover 100% of the map, simply uniformly expand sizes of all zones until the whole map is covered so every spot on the map belongs to some zone.
Makes pushing a lot more effective and completely removes the whole issue about cv sniping.

But still CVs will be necessary to control them and you are still trying to push sb. out of that zone, which would be a lot harder when the zones are that large.

Amen. I never understood why the zones are so small. The frontline system of StDV is simply bad becase what is mentioned, without recon you have intel where can be the enemy...

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Wed 4 Oct 2017 19:53

Yo ppl first thread in Focus General Discussion :) It was quite hard to find appropriate section at Focus.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/1219/wargame-red-dragon-future

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Thu 19 Oct 2017 02:48

Just add a map of europe, or euroasia or the world to be played as total war medieval, make multiplayer possible on it and mission is accomplished - eternal classic.

#InYourFaceHOIandTW

Also as Ramsey Markenzwieback has mentioned - better suited tutorial for total newcomers would kick ass, since that way Eugen would make learning curve more acceptable without lowering it. If they would lower it they would ruin the game.
Spoiler : :

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Thu 19 Oct 2017 03:19

Partibrejker wrote:Just add a map of europe, or euroasia or the world to be played as total war medieval, make multiplayer possible on it and mission is accomplished - eternal classic.

#InYourFaceHOIandTW

A Total War style grand campaign in Wargame could potentially be amazing.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 19 Oct 2017 05:30

XanderTuron wrote:
Partibrejker wrote:Just add a map of europe, or euroasia or the world to be played as total war medieval, make multiplayer possible on it and mission is accomplished - eternal classic.

#InYourFaceHOIandTW

A Total War style grand campaign in Wargame could potentially be amazing.

If the multiplayer aspect of it was run like the old Cavedog Boneyards, it would be outstanding.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?