New DLC suggestion

Steyntjie28
Private

New DLC suggestion

Postby Steyntjie28 » Tue 13 Dec 2016 15:33

Hi Everyone

I have been trying to find some sort of customer suggestions link to Eugen but couldn't find any, so I figured I would maybe try the forums, and see what you, the community thinks of my idea.

I stay in South Africa and my dad faught in a war called the Anglo border war. Which saw South Africa against African nationalist forces during 1966 and 1990. South Africa was backed by unita and Portugal. African nationalist were backed by most communism countrys including China and the Soviet Union.

The war ended in a stalemate but none the less, many battles were faught and many armaments were used. South Africa also did have there own unique prototype weaponry. Very mobile armored vehicles like the rooikat, ratel, eland MK7 and many more. Our special forces called the Recces. Man, the stories my dad has told me about these guys are mind blowing. Its statistical said that only 8% of the recruits who under go training pass.

I feel Eugen could do well to add some sort of African forces DLC. Which would include south Africa and any other nations to Wargame red dragon as it does fall perfectly into the time frame/Era of Wargame red dragon. Even better would be a campaign of the Anglo border war would be a fantastic addition to this amazing game.

Wikipedia has all the info for anyone interested in the border war. I also think my dad would be grateful that more people around the world would know about the border war and honor the people who lost there lives in said war and find the history important enough to include it into todays age.

If anyone has played MGS V. That game was set in that Era. I almost fell on my face when I heard someone speaking afrikaans on a game created by Hideo Kojima. Lol.

Anyways, hope guys found it interesting. Let me know what you guys think and please, if anyone knows of a way I can maybe put this through to Eugen. I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Re: New DLC suggestion

Postby homerfcb » Tue 13 Dec 2016 16:36

Steyntjie28 wrote:Hi Everyone

I have been trying to find some sort of customer suggestions link to Eugen but couldn't find any, so I figured I would maybe try the forums, and see what you, the community thinks of my idea.

I stay in South Africa and my dad faught in a war called the Anglo border war. Which saw South Africa against African nationalist forces during 1966 and 1990. South Africa was backed by unita and Portugal. African nationalist were backed by most communism countrys including China and the Soviet Union.

The war ended in a stalemate but none the less, many battles were faught and many armaments were used. South Africa also did have there own unique prototype weaponry. Very mobile armored vehicles like the rooikat, ratel, eland MK7 and many more. Our special forces called the Recces. Man, the stories my dad has told me about these guys are mind blowing. Its statistical said that only 8% of the recruits who under go training pass.

I feel Eugen could do well to add some sort of African forces DLC. Which would include south Africa and any other nations to Wargame red dragon as it does fall perfectly into the time frame/Era of Wargame red dragon. Even better would be a campaign of the Anglo border war would be a fantastic addition to this amazing game.

Wikipedia has all the info for anyone interested in the border war. I also think my dad would be grateful that more people around the world would know about the border war and honor the people who lost there lives in said war and find the history important enough to include it into todays age.

If anyone has played MGS V. That game was set in that Era. I almost fell on my face when I heard someone speaking afrikaans on a game created by Hideo Kojima. Lol.

Anyways, hope guys found it interesting. Let me know what you guys think and please, if anyone knows of a way I can maybe put this through to Eugen. I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards

South Africa is well known community demand. Even MadMat(Well, you are new to the Forum,so here a little explanation: he is Eugen System's Community Manager, Poland Fanboy[You can see him on polish command inf] and imminent prophet) would like to see South Africa in the game. But currently they don't have any plans and if we see any new Blufor nation in a DLC it's most likely that italy will be the next one as most people seem to favor it.
Honestly I would love to see an Angolan war DLC featuring South Africa and Cuba but we will see...

However you should take a look at this link: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=57433
Here someone put much effort into it to make a full list of the South African army. If you have any further information you should share it there.

btw. this is the wrong location for this thread. Here people write in other languages than english.
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

FOARP
Sergeant

Re: New DLC suggestion

Postby FOARP » Sat 24 Dec 2016 15:22

BTW - I'm just reading Larry Bond's Vortex, which features an imaginary war between Cuba and South Africa over Namibia. Have to say my interest in a South Africa v. Cuba DLC has skyrocketed.

By contrast I honestly can't get hyped about Italy, Spain, or yet another NSWP country. There no conflict or ethos that give them a real 'hook'.