Index: Helpful tools & Modding/Mods

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Index: Helpful tools & Modding/Mods

Postby Soundwolf776 » Tue 4 Feb 2014 16:19

The most helpful features would be some kind of basic scripts like "Search and replace a certain value", "search for an enitity with value1 = X and replace the entity's value2 with Y". [dream mode]And if X and Y could accept regular expressions, oh, the possibilities... :D [/dream mode]

Gronank
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Gronank » Tue 4 Feb 2014 18:03

There is already a filter function (although it took a while for me to realise that it exists for instances as well as classes). What would be needed for search and replace would be a one to one mapping from every value to a string and back again. Stuff like maps an especially collections would be nigh unreadable but it would be possible to apply regexps on it (with mighty egexp fu).

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Thu 6 Feb 2014 21:05

Search and replace, also with regex, for flat values wouldn't be that much of a problem, but like gronak said, it would be for the non flat datatypes. My dreammode would be true NDF script, so you could just copy, pase, and use other funcionalities all good text editors provide.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 9 Feb 2014 18:35

That's everyone 's secret dream.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 11 Feb 2014 07:20

My dream is to be able to copy/paste chunks of data at a time, not have to start a whole new NDF_Win.dat every time a new patch comes out. Actually, is that possible???
Hey enohka, you know how everytime you save, the Edata says "_ changes saved!" Does that compare the old .dat to the new .dat and find the # of differences or something? If it does, maybe you can save files that say "change this to this" and apply them to any NDF_Win.dat!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Zone
Warrant Officer

Postby Zone » Mon 31 Mar 2014 22:59

Hey, are there any active Multiplayer communities around one of these mods?
Anybody playing this frequently?
TANK GIRL
"Chuck Norris can fly 9 ASM planes (into space) the same time."

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 1 Apr 2014 17:35

Unfortunately, not really. In the early modding days, HobMod did a tournament, and there are some people currently interested in the Wargame: 1984 mod. People used to play HobMod, then With Respect to Germany (now With Destiny) and then Wargame: 1984. Now, all attention is on Red Dragon. Unfortunately, mods like British SEAD, Radu's Radical Realism, Project: Maple Resolve, Power to the Minors, and Wargame '75 are all but forgotten, each that had so much work put into them by their creators...
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Kres7787
Private First-Class

Postby Kres7787 » Tue 20 May 2014 01:14

Hi guys,

I'm Kres, the owner of Strategy Informer. I got a slight feeling I'm on the wrong thread here but I'd like to offer ourselves for mods hosting. I've tried to PM moderators but since I just registered I seem to be blocked from sending PMs.

To not start with spreading links, I'd like to ask if anyone can help me by directing me to a proper contact via email or whichever to ask for permission to start spamming the forums :| we can offer mods hosting with advanced stats, community reach, extra exposure etc.

I'll leave it at that for now, thank you!

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Wed 21 May 2014 23:43

Yes, the modding community mostly shifted to Wargame: Dragon - see here: viewforum.php?f=187
As you have two posts, you should be able to send PMs without a problem now.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

CaptMick
Private

Postby CaptMick » Tue 3 Mar 2015 11:42

Hello,
The links in the begining are not working, any ideas?