With Destiny

Moderators: Focus Team, Eugen Team

horsman
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: With Destiny

Postby horsman » Tue 25 Feb 2014 11:16

Franz wrote:
I assumed you were smart enough with the references when you said you were changing them but just incase I said something :lol: I agree with the rocket artillery though. MLRS should be slow firing but extremely accurate with single missiles and they should be very powerful too. Same for the Smerch too. It would be fun to "snipe" specific units or small groups when they are stopped. A fun example: Mi-26 refueling/rearming a force of BTRs spotted getting organized and are rather close together. A single missile hits and wipes them out :mrgreen:

With the MLRS it is now possible to do this, they are highly accurate and with the exception of the top of the line tanks most units will be destroyed if caught in the blast radius, I've left the smerch as more of a saturation weapon but still given it a accuracy buff, at minimum range now nothing can survive, i intend it to be used as a long range competitor to the 155mm SPG, to soften up some units and panic the rest before you attack, given it a slight min-range increase this way it cant be used on smaller maps to saturate a players spawn in the home of a lucky kill on the CV, which is the only danger with these buffs.
Don't mind my spelling I'm just dyslexic

Franz
Master Sergeant

Postby Franz » Tue 25 Feb 2014 22:14

horsman wrote:
Franz wrote:
I assumed you were smart enough with the references when you said you were changing them but just incase I said something :lol: I agree with the rocket artillery though. MLRS should be slow firing but extremely accurate with single missiles and they should be very powerful too. Same for the Smerch too. It would be fun to "snipe" specific units or small groups when they are stopped. A fun example: Mi-26 refueling/rearming a force of BTRs spotted getting organized and are rather close together. A single missile hits and wipes them out :mrgreen:

With the MLRS it is now possible to do this, they are highly accurate and with the exception of the top of the line tanks most units will be destroyed if caught in the blast radius, I've left the smerch as more of a saturation weapon but still given it a accuracy buff, at minimum range now nothing can survive, i intend it to be used as a long range competitor to the 155mm SPG, to soften up some units and panic the rest before you attack, given it a slight min-range increase this way it cant be used on smaller maps to saturate a players spawn in the home of a lucky kill on the CV, which is the only danger with these buffs.

What did you change to achieve this? I could do it myself easily but I don't want to take the time to test and figure it out :lol:
Deutschland über alles

horsman

Postby horsman » Tue 25 Feb 2014 22:47

Franz wrote:
What did you change to achieve this? I could do it myself easily but I don't want to take the time to test and figure it out :lol:

220mm = 23HE
300mm = 27HE

BM-27:
TempsEntreDeuxSlaves 95
TirParSlaves & MuntionParSlave to 4 - slaves now set to 4
min dispersion to 12000
max dispersion to 54000
supply to 650

BM-30:
TempsEntreDeuxSlaves 110
min dispersion 8000
max dispersion 185000
porteeMinimal 572000 (700M increase in min range)
supply to 750

M-270:
TempsEntreDeuxSlaves 95
TirParSlaves & MuntionParSlave to 3 - slaves now set to 4
min dispersion 8000
max dispersion 53000
supply to 650

Franz
Master Sergeant

Postby Franz » Wed 26 Feb 2014 02:35

horsman wrote:
Franz wrote:

220mm = 23HE
300mm = 27HE

BM-27:
TempsEntreDeuxSlaves 95
TirParSlaves & MuntionParSlave to 4 - slaves now set to 4
min dispersion to 12000
max dispersion to 54000
supply to 650

BM-30:
TempsEntreDeuxSlaves 110
min dispersion 8000
max dispersion 185000
porteeMinimal 572000 (700M increase in min range)
supply to 750

M-270:
TempsEntreDeuxSlaves 95
TirParSlaves & MuntionParSlave to 3 - slaves now set to 4
min dispersion 8000
max dispersion 53000
supply to 650

That is PERFECT. You and Iris have been so helpful to me and never frustrated with my idiotic questions.
Deutschland über alles

horsman

Postby horsman » Thu 27 Feb 2014 18:50

Right so i finally got around to doing a bit of modding changed most of the NATO arti did a few pact ones will do the rest of those later when i can be bothered.
most of the changes are with arti, there's a few plane load out changes as well (you'll have to forgive some of the model issues) and a slight update to some tanks T-72 line ext, a few bugs as well but nothing game breaking.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l6mio ... dition.rar

Franz wrote:That is PERFECT. You and Iris have been so helpful to me and never frustrated with my idiotic questions.

Hey no prob, if you need any more help drop us a PM.

Franz
Master Sergeant

Postby Franz » Fri 28 Feb 2014 17:19

Do you guys have any plans to change ATGM and tank gun ranges at all? Considering how much better the AA system has gotten from range changes, I'd say the ATGMs and tank guns could use the same. I think it would add even more depth to the mod, since it's going in a realism based direction, which I feel is good. I personally have done it in the mod I play (further modded WRTG) and it makes the games much more interesting since you actually have to beware of stuff from longer range. It also would make some vehicles more useful in general to be able to reach out and hit stuff that used to just blast them to bits.
Deutschland über alles

horsman

Postby horsman » Fri 28 Feb 2014 20:11

I may have a little mess around with more range values, at this point I'm redoing infantry combat battle rifles have more range with low rof, assault rifles will have the same range a rof increase and a accuracy decrease, Finaly smg's have a extremely high rof but low range about 350M which seems low bit let me tell you a had a squad of chasure take out 4 mostrelique with easy.

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Fri 28 Feb 2014 20:28

Finaly smg's have a extremely high rof but low range about 350M which seems low bit let me tell you a had a squad of chasure take out 4 mostrelique with easy.

ROF >> accuracy or range for infantry combat purposes.

horsman

Postby horsman » Fri 28 Feb 2014 20:33

Soundwolf776 wrote:
Finaly smg's have a extremely high rof but low range about 350M which seems low bit let me tell you a had a squad of chasure take out 4 mostrelique with easy.

ROF >> accuracy or range for infantry combat purposes.

Agreed, but the range is so low they can't be used effectivly in defence this is where battle rifles come in, smg's are now great on the offensive but lack in defence.

Franz
Master Sergeant

Postby Franz » Mon 3 Mar 2014 20:12

What about the weapon icons for some weapons in the armory, like the AT-4 and Stoner 63? Those don't happen to be from RD, do they?
Deutschland über alles