IMPORTING ALS MAPS !

Moderators: Eugen Team, Focus Team

blackwolf23
Corporal

IMPORTING ALS MAPS !

Postby blackwolf23 » Wed 2 Nov 2016 19:19

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing to with this I am only sharing the work done by integ3r_p0sitron from reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/integ3r_p0sitron).

This might be completely fake and scam in which case I am not responsible and will probably cry myself to sleep for a week...

THE STORY: https://www.reddit.com/r/wargame/comments/5akfz1/eugen_pls_porting_alb_maps_is_possible_screenshots/

Basically the guy imported ALB maps into Red dragon.They are about 90% done . Done as in most of it works , the textures look bad compared to the quality of Red dragon but that is just eye candy in my opinion. The issues are in the rivers and objects.. The rivers are passable to amphibious units only on some areas that arent " zoned as impassable" and some of the textures for building and similar dont load in properly....

I think that this addition to re dragon could really bring a huge spark to this game and please the very dedicated community
Whats your opinion on the subject ? Also please support this so Madmat and the rest can see this ... Once again credits (or blame goes to integ3r_p0sitron
A man of the proletariat

RedFive
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: IMPORTING ALS MAPS !

Postby RedFive » Wed 2 Nov 2016 19:41

I would love to be wrong but I suspect this won't be coming to the stock game, the quality of the art assets in ALB is a good bit different from WRD (to be expected with games of different ages). Would still be a neat mod, more maps are always welcome.

triumph
Major

Postby triumph » Wed 2 Nov 2016 19:47

If there is a way to just use RD building models and a digital sheet of water with a nice reflection then everything will be fine. We know that zones and urban sectors can be redrawn with ease. Just need the building models to make stuff look purdy I guess.

Also int has a thread in the mod forum.
Transcend Excellence

blackwolf23
Corporal

Postby blackwolf23 » Wed 2 Nov 2016 19:49

RedFive wrote:I would love to be wrong but I suspect this won't be coming to the stock game, the quality of the art assets in ALB is a good bit different from WRD (to be expected with games of different ages). Would still be a neat mod, more maps are always welcome.

Yeah but they could just replace the textures with the ones in red dragon and switch the building out with the ones in red dragon and that about it
A man of the proletariat

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 3 Nov 2016 00:31

As triumph said,we have already been working on that here: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=58345

But thanks for trying to let us know.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image