Screen freezes when attempting to change resolution

Excroat3
Captain

Screen freezes when attempting to change resolution

Postby Excroat3 » Thu 23 Feb 2017 05:01

So, normally I try to downgrade the screen resolution during a game where I am lagging, in hopes of improving performance. Now, whenever I try to change the game resolution (specifically from 1920x1080 (16:9) to 1280x720 (16:9)) my game freezes. The audio continues, and I am able to hear in game sounds, but my screen does not change. I can alt-esc out of the game and back in, but this does nothing. I also just tried to change the resolution while in the menu, with the same results. Any idea on what is going wrong? What do I need to change? If it helps specify the problem, I believe that the first time I launched the game post-patch my game did a full reset on the resolution (idk what you guys call this, it normally happens on first time setup when the game finds the right dimensions and quality screen that your computer uses).

BTW, after further testing, this seems to be the case for changing to any resolution, not just the ones I specified above.

chykka
Brigadier

Re: Screen freezes when attempting to change resolution

Postby chykka » Thu 23 Feb 2017 23:29

Have you put it in windowed when you change resolution or did you change while full screen?

Excroat3
Captain

Postby Excroat3 » Thu 23 Feb 2017 23:31

chykka wrote:Have you put it in windowed when you change resolution or did you change while full screen?

While in full screen.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 23 Feb 2017 23:37

Might be the Gpu scaling or the moniter that makes the screen go black. Maybe changing your GPU scaling settings could fix the issue.

Excroat3
Captain

Postby Excroat3 » Sat 25 Feb 2017 03:49

I seem to have specified the problem somewhat, I can change resolution when in windowed mode, but after changing resolution, I can't go back to fullscreen, the screen just freezes again.