Modding RD

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Modding RD

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 22 May 2014 03:19

robby71 wrote:How does one modify the AI's parameters?

As for now, we can't
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

OrangeFr3ak
Master Sergeant

Postby OrangeFr3ak » Thu 22 May 2014 11:43

Is it possible to change the R-77s on the MiG-29M to the R-73s? Or are loadouts hard-coded?

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Thu 22 May 2014 15:17

OrangeFr3ak wrote:Is it possible to change the R-77s on the MiG-29M to the R-73s? Or are loadouts hard-coded?

Once you get to know the modding tools a bit better you can follow my tutorial which should be under the main sticky, otherwise just look at Mikeboy's Plane Redo thread: http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=43311

vipermaus
Private

Postby vipermaus » Thu 26 Jun 2014 18:39

How do you change an anti-ship missile to be able to attack a position, but retain it's preference to only attack vehicles? I ask because the AI doesn't like to field naval units on marine maps and I'm trying to give my naval units some inland offensive reach (i.e. the SLAM modification for the Harpoon missile.) I'm also trying to give my fighter bombers carrying mavericks and the like more options for attacking point targets and infantry on the ground. Any ideas?

-Vipermaus

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 26 Jun 2014 20:45

vipermaus wrote:How do you change an anti-ship missile to be able to attack a position, but retain it's preference to only attack vehicles? I ask because the AI doesn't like to field naval units on marine maps and I'm trying to give my naval units some inland offensive reach (i.e. the SLAM modification for the Harpoon missile.) I'm also trying to give my fighter bombers carrying mavericks and the like more options for attacking point targets and infantry on the ground. Any ideas?

-Vipermaus

I'm not too sure about this, since I don't think it was mentioned in Darkmi's tutorial, and it might be because some hard coding in the type of ammunition (in this case, guided missiles). Maybe you can take something like a gun and change the model of the shell to the Harpoon? If you get an answer, tell me since I'm kinda curious too.

vipermaus
Private

Postby vipermaus » Wed 9 Jul 2014 19:47

vipermaus wrote:How do you change an anti-ship missile to be able to attack a position, but retain it's preference to only attack vehicles? I ask because the AI doesn't like to field naval units on marine maps and I'm trying to give my naval units some inland offensive reach (i.e. the SLAM modification for the Harpoon missile.) I'm also trying to give my fighter bombers carrying mavericks and the like more options for attacking point targets and infantry on the ground. Any ideas?

-Vipermaus

I'm not too sure about this, since I don't think it was mentioned in Darkmi's tutorial, and it might be because some hard coding in the type of ammunition (in this case, guided missiles). Maybe you can take something like a gun and change the model of the shell to the Harpoon? If you get an answer, tell me since I'm kinda curious too.[/quote]

Ok, I got it figured out! (actually got it figured out 2 weeks ago but I digress); What you do is you first create a duplicate instance of class 166 (tmountedweaponsdescriptor I think), not top level, of the weapon that you are modifying. This will take a minute because of the of the values that you manually have to select is buried and there is no search option that I have found. You then mount it next to your regular armor-piercing, vehicle targeting only version of it. This will have the game keep two separate criteria for firing while pulling from the same ammunition source. You then have to create a duplicate of the weapon that you want to be able to fire on a position or at "soft" targets in general. You will want to modify it, however in the following way:
1.) In the duplicate tammunition, change the armor-piercing value (armee) from whatever it is at to '3'.
2.) add a suitable high-explosive characteristics (phsyicaldamages, etc) to it (I suggest just copying from one of the free fall bombs; if you are shooting for realism, consult wikipedia for warhead size and add about 200-300 lbs to that to get the bomb size you should use).
3.) some of the guided missiles fire in salvos of 2, (mavericks, harpoons, etc) so you might want to adjust that to save on ammo.
4.) Turn off both instances of 'Reflexe' in BOTH instances of tammunition, as that will keep them from blindly firing on the first thing on the ground that they see and only firing on "soft" targets when directly ordered to by you.
5.) in the example of the harpoon, only modify the copied tammunition to fire on land, otherwise they will be fired on the first enemy vehicle in range.
6.) If you are planning to use the missile(s) as long distance, area targeting weapons, be sure to add a (boolean) value to 'tirindirect' and check the box so that it's marked as true, otherwise they will not fire until they are within about 2250 meters (visual) range.

Aviola!, you have just created a cruise missile! The only problem that I have found so far is that after firing the normal amount of missiles that the plane normally carries, the guidance goes all crazy and this issue really hampers the effectiveness of this mod. However, you could also say that this also adds balance to it, so call it what you will. I hope that everyone has fun with this!

-Vipermaus

magic_mind
Private First-Class

Postby magic_mind » Sun 18 Jan 2015 22:10

Could anyone point me in the right direction for modding unit size and also starting options thank you.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 19 Jan 2015 01:27

magic_mind wrote:Could anyone point me in the right direction for modding unit size and also starting options thank you.

What do you mean by unit size? Their physical size like "big, small..." ?

Starting options: globals.ndfbin, multi map info. More than half the instances are for campaigns.

rhe39
Private First-Class

Postby rhe39 » Sun 3 Sep 2017 23:10

Seek some help! Does anyone know where we can modify a unit's accuracy? :| :roll:

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 9 Sep 2017 01:52

rhe39 wrote:Seek some help! Does anyone know where we can modify a unit's accuracy? :| :roll:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bHY ... dit?pli=1#