Modding RD

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Modding RD

Postby Mot » Sun 13 Apr 2014 11:19

The W:AB Noob wrote:So you will make an program that can read W:RD data and run while W:RD is running? Or is a manual thing? With a command star-like system but without command stars? And you will make an addon script for the AI in W:RD? Or just the ai in your game?

I'm really confused but this sounds interesting and really ambitious.

I wish...

All data going in and out of WRD is manually updated. At least for now as I have no skills to go that far, my programming skills aren't academic, they are youtubedemic... :D
The python module is just an AI auxiliary, so I don't have to handle all AI minor decisions, for example, AI has a shortage of tanks, instead of me noticing it and building more, the AI uses the proportion formulas taking into account some variables and tells me exacly how many new tanks of each model it needs, etc...

This is how far my skills allow me to go at the moment. :cry:
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

RaduM
Warrant Officer

Postby RaduM » Sun 13 Apr 2014 12:01

jonas165 wrote:So how do you guys handle the patches, which arrive like twice a week? Do you do your whole mod again for the new Version then?

Whole mod all over again. If anybody knows how to integrate mods across patches, please let us know.
REALISM 1980 Mod - OUT NOW - Want some Authentic Gameplay to go with that Authentic Armory ?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 14 Apr 2014 00:33

RaduM wrote:
jonas165 wrote:So how do you guys handle the patches, which arrive like twice a week? Do you do your whole mod again for the new Version then?

Whole mod all over again. If anybody knows how to integrate mods across patches, please let us know.

Well that was a request to enohka for the new mod suite and it could maybe be done with the mod installer
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Tue 15 Apr 2014 08:18

I'd like to learn how to enable all the multiplayer maps for Skirmish mode once the game is completed, so I can play maps larger than 4x4 in Skirmish mode with AIs. ;)

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Tue 15 Apr 2014 08:42

yacoub wrote:I'd like to learn how to enable all the multiplayer maps for Skirmish mode once the game is completed, so I can play maps larger than 4x4 in Skirmish mode with AIs. ;)

1: open pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin

2: open class 14 (TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo)

3: Set the NbMinPlayers value to null for each map (Currently only Asgard (instance 126, 127), Gjoll doesn't seem to be ingame yet)

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Tue 15 Apr 2014 09:42

Thanks. Oddly, winning a skirmish match on Asgard seems to crash the game just as the match ends, before the score screen would pop up. Other than that, it worked fine.

COMThing
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby COMThing » Wed 16 Apr 2014 02:33

yacoub wrote:Thanks. Oddly, winning a skirmish match on Asgard seems to crash the game just as the match ends, before the score screen would pop up. Other than that, it worked fine.

That is strange. I'm playing on a modded v61 and rarely encounter any crashes and never have them because of unlocked maps

yacoub
Warrant Officer

Postby yacoub » Wed 16 Apr 2014 05:09

COMThing wrote:
yacoub wrote:Thanks. Oddly, winning a skirmish match on Asgard seems to crash the game just as the match ends, before the score screen would pop up. Other than that, it worked fine.

That is strange. I'm playing on a modded v61 and rarely encounter any crashes and never have them because of unlocked maps

I just tried again on v.92 and it worked fine. :) It might have been because last time I also enabled the Conquest version without remembering Skirmish AI can't do Conquest mode yet.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 16 Apr 2014 05:33

yacoub wrote:
COMThing wrote:

I just tried again on v.92 and it worked fine. :) It might have been because last time I also enabled the Conquest version without remembering Skirmish AI can't do Conquest mode yet.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch unlocking modes for singleplayer yet. It was probably the patch, some patches are just buggy and annoying for modders.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

robby71
Sergeant Major

Postby robby71 » Wed 21 May 2014 21:47

How does one modify the AI's parameters?